IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

2014 IS350 F-sport side mirrors!

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-15, 04:18 PM
clee0808
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face 2014 IS350 F-sport side mirrors!

Hello guys! I just purchased my second Lexus yesterday - I bought the 14' IS350 F sport ( I use to own a 07 LS460).

Coming from the LS460 family, the LS460's features are mainly electronics which I realize that the 14' IS350 doesn't have much electronic features as much as the LS. Which can be good and bad. However, I was wondering if the IS350 F-sport can turn in the side mirrors when i lock the doors like the LS?
Old 01-18-15, 05:09 PM
Belex1
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by clee0808
Hello guys! I just purchased my second Lexus yesterday - I bought the 14' IS350 F sport ( I use to own a 07 LS460).

Coming from the LS460 family, the LS460's features are mainly electronics which I realize that the 14' IS350 doesn't have much electronic features as much as the LS. Which can be good and bad. However, I was wondering if the IS350 F-sport can turn in the side mirrors when i lock the doors like the LS?
The 2014 IS does not have this option. I wish it did though.
Old 01-18-15, 05:34 PM
salvadorik
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by clee0808
if the IS350 F-sport can turn in the side mirrors when i lock the doors like the LS?
Did you mean folding side mirrors? If yes, then the answer is NO. I have yet to see this kinda feature on 3IS. Honestly, other than esthetical coolness that this feature adds I dont find it particularly useful. I had this on my Audi but I don't it miss that much.
Old 01-18-15, 08:17 PM
Aeromotive
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's available only in some countries. The reasoning behind this is that it's probably less useful in North America where streets are wider and parking spots are huge compared to Europe and Asia.
Old 01-18-15, 08:54 PM
Belex1
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Aeromotive
It's available only in some countries. The reasoning behind this is that it's probably less useful in North America where streets are wider and parking spots are huge compared to Europe and Asia.
I think it is also useful for ladies that go by my car wearing their big hand bags and knock my side mirror. Less chance of them bumping in or bending the mirror the wrong way.
Old 01-19-15, 03:59 AM
sinakh89
Rookie

There are automatic folding Mirrors installed on my car and they also tilt down when I put them on reverse. this is the button that folds the mirrors. if you have it on auto it will automatically fold / unfold when locking / unlocking the car. pretty useful for my tight parking space.

it comes as standard in GCC spec countires (Dubai, Iran, Omman ...)
Old 01-19-15, 07:03 AM
3ivato
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sucks it doesn't appear on the 14 Is Models. .I always put the mirrors in ..No matter where I Park.Don't trust nobody ::
Old 01-19-15, 09:32 AM
tC2IS350
Driver

They don't come with auto or power folding mirrors in the US, but you can fold them manually. Bit of a pain.
Old 01-19-15, 10:13 AM
drbazing
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by tC2IS350
They don't come with auto or power folding mirrors in the US, but you can fold them manually. Bit of a pain.
I only see it fit to fold the mirrors when I park in Downtown San Diego. Also, I'm too lazy to walk around and fold the passenger side, I guess it's that I know that I will forget to unfold it back until I'm already driving and need to change to the right lane.
Old 01-19-15, 02:14 PM
dizlex
Intermediate

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by 3ivato
Sucks it doesn't appear on the 14 Is Models. .I always put the mirrors in ..No matter where I Park.Don't trust nobody ::
How odd.

I'm concerned about someone opening their door and "dinging" mine, but I've never even HEARD of someone's mirror being damaged while parked.

IMO, automatic folding is a silly, useless "feature".
Old 01-19-15, 03:26 PM
Thunderwuf
Driver

Originally Posted by dizlex
How odd.

I'm concerned about someone opening their door and "dinging" mine, but I've never even HEARD of someone's mirror being damaged while parked.

IMO, automatic folding is a silly, useless "feature".
Anything can happen. Like someone mentioned here, in the US where most parking spaces are big and the streets are wide, it's not necessary for mirrors to fold. It's still good to have some kind of protection. Mirrors do get damaged occasionally, especially at the parking lots like the shopping malls where people walk between cars. Car makers can't help shield the doors from door dings, but having mirrors that fold add some comfort for the owners.
Old 06-23-17, 09:58 PM
LaZeR
Advanced

Received 43 Likes on 37 Posts
Unhappy Unfortunate exclusion

Originally Posted by salvadorik
Did you mean folding side mirrors? If yes, then the answer is NO. I have yet to see this kinda feature on 3IS. Honestly, other than esthetical coolness that this feature adds I dont find it particularly useful. I had this on my Audi but I don't it miss that much.
Ah, c'mon man, just got a late model Certified IS 350 and it SUCKS that automatic side view mirrors are not included. BMW and Mercedes Benz offers this. Think about the car wash, tight parking spaces, parking on narrow streets, etc. Last year someone totaled the driver's side view mirror on my GS300. Insurance was nice enough to cover the EXPENSIVE COST.

Damn I HATE that Lexus did not include automatic folding side view mirrors on later generation IS 350s. COME ON!!
Old 06-24-17, 07:01 AM
The350Girl
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LaZeR
Ah, c'mon man, just got a late model Certified IS 350 and it SUCKS that automatic side view mirrors are not included. BMW and Mercedes Benz offers this. Think about the car wash, tight parking spaces, parking on narrow streets, etc. Last year someone totaled the driver's side view mirror on my GS300. Insurance was nice enough to cover the EXPENSIVE COST.

Damn I HATE that Lexus did not include automatic folding side view mirrors on later generation IS 350s. COME ON!!
Fsport package missing a lot of features like BSM, steering wheel auto tilting memory seats auto adaptive headlight. BMW Audi and Mercedes they all have it for same class.
Old 06-24-17, 07:23 AM
Mrg02d
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

My 2014 is350 f sport has BSM and the auto steering wheel tilt. Is this not an option on newer ones?!
Old 06-24-17, 08:45 AM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Received 223 Likes on 178 Posts

Originally Posted by The350Girl
Fsport package missing a lot of features like BSM, steering wheel auto tilting memory seats auto adaptive headlight. BMW Audi and Mercedes they all have it for same class.
BSM was an option on all IS.

Auto high-beam is now standard on all 2017 IS, as is adaptive cruise control, pre-collision, and lane departure alert. The German competitors make all of those optional, and hard to find.

Lexus should really offer US IS F-sport with rain sensor and memory driver's seat. It is optional on all of the German competitors though.

Quick Reply: 2014 IS350 F-sport side mirrors!