IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

something amazing happened with my seat warmers

Old 01-01-15, 10:40 AM
RoiteTrom
Pole Position

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default something amazing happened with my seat warmers

First, happy new years to everybody on clublexus.

Second, something amazing happened yesterday with my seat warmers!! Some of you may know me on this forum for making/commenting on threads about the lack of heat in seat warmers. I can barely feel them in this cold Chicago weather.

Long story short, I was on my way to a new year's party and had to pick up some chips. After picking up the chips and exiting the store, I push down on the gas pedal while exiting (just for some fun). 10 seconds later, a huge burst of heat just came out my of seat. It was 20 degrees F outside. The large amount of heat coming out of the seats was satisfying to me. I was ecstatic because I thought maybe the seat warmers had finally opened up, or maybe it somehow fixed itself. Sadly, that wasn't the case. I parked my car at the event, had a good time, and then when it was time to go home, the seat warmers went back to normal. Boo. Just thought I'd let you guys know. I'll let you know if it happens again.
Old 01-01-15, 12:16 PM
kinglexus99
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Lol wtf?! Random.
Old 01-01-15, 12:20 PM
gpxluke
Former Sponsor

Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts

There must be something to do with Ur chips LOL
Old 01-01-15, 12:29 PM
dharma
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I push down on the gas pedal while exiting (just for some fun). 10 seconds later, a huge burst of heat just came out my of seat.
Are you sure you didn't just **** yourself from the excitement?

Last edited by dharma; 01-01-15 at 12:37 PM.
Old 01-01-15, 12:46 PM
RoiteTrom
Pole Position

Originally Posted by dharma
Are you sure you didn't just **** yourself from the excitement?
haha no. It was only a little push on the pedal, nothing more.
Old 01-02-15, 01:15 PM
JB5674
Advanced

Received 50 Likes on 32 Posts

was it a fart?
Old 01-02-15, 06:34 PM
toyotatom
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

My seats are so poor that if a grizzly bear had a choice to sit in my car for the winter with the seat warmers on or hibernate, it would pick to hibernate.

Originally Posted by RoiteTrom
First, happy new years to everybody on clublexus.

Second, something amazing happened yesterday with my seat warmers!! Some of you may know me on this forum for making/commenting on threads about the lack of heat in seat warmers. I can barely feel them in this cold Chicago weather.

Long story short, I was on my way to a new year's party and had to pick up some chips. After picking up the chips and exiting the store, I push down on the gas pedal while exiting (just for some fun). 10 seconds later, a huge burst of heat just came out my of seat. It was 20 degrees F outside. The large amount of heat coming out of the seats was satisfying to me. I was ecstatic because I thought maybe the seat warmers had finally opened up, or maybe it somehow fixed itself. Sadly, that wasn't the case. I parked my car at the event, had a good time, and then when it was time to go home, the seat warmers went back to normal. Boo. Just thought I'd let you guys know. I'll let you know if it happens again.
Old 01-02-15, 06:52 PM
StraySheep
Pit Crew

Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts

OP can you be a bit more specific.

Did you push down the gas pedal after starting engine & heated seats on at max setting?

If so, how high did the rpm go?

I want to give it a try.
Old 01-02-15, 07:20 PM
RoiteTrom
Pole Position

Originally Posted by StraySheep
OP can you be a bit more specific.

Did you push down the gas pedal after starting engine & heated seats on at max setting?

If so, how high did the rpm go?

I want to give it a try.
Seats were on max setting. And yes, as I exited the parking lot, I pushed down on the gas to like 4000 rpms. I've had the car for over a month now, and I always get into this habit. This is the first time it happened. So I doubt doing it again will generate results lol.
Old 01-04-15, 06:32 PM
lexi90
Lexus Champion

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

This is interesting... I find my seats to be comfortably warm. Compared to my 2IS, yes 2IS was warmer, but 3IS is quicker in warming up!
Old 01-04-15, 08:34 PM
steveo55
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I live in San Diego i finally got to use them the other day it got to 43 degrees. I thought they worked great. I had to shut them off.
Old 01-05-15, 05:50 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 287 Likes on 208 Posts

Interesting anomaly.

You might have had your HVAC set to floor and the extra heat produced by the engine at 4k rpm funneled under and up the seat.
Old 01-05-15, 06:50 AM
RoiteTrom
Pole Position

Originally Posted by steveo55
I live in San Diego i finally got to use them the other day it got to 43 degrees. I thought they worked great. I had to shut them off.
43 degrees is barely anything compared to Chicago weather. It's 0 degrees today and I can't feel anything.

I know the heated seats are an issue because I have tested them out on a Lexus RX, and those work perfectly fine. At least I can feel those seats in 0 degree weather lol.. I can't tell if Lexus is just being cheap with us on the Lexus IS or it's some kind of safety hazard.
Old 01-05-15, 12:24 PM
lexi90
Lexus Champion

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by RoiteTrom
43 degrees is barely anything compared to Chicago weather. It's 0 degrees today and I can't feel anything.

I know the heated seats are an issue because I have tested them out on a Lexus RX, and those work perfectly fine. At least I can feel those seats in 0 degree weather lol.. I can't tell if Lexus is just being cheap with us on the Lexus IS or it's some kind of safety hazard.
I would have the car checked at the dealer. Maybe it's an issue with your car itself. I haven't experienced this in mine.
Old 01-05-15, 12:35 PM
akshunj
Pole Position

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Hmm maybe the alternator isn't supply enough current at idle?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: something amazing happened with my seat warmers