IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Hands-free calls disconnecting constantly?

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-14, 11:49 PM
elevenb
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Hands-free calls disconnecting constantly? Edit: Resolution

I did a search on the forum, and didn't notice any posts about this issue, and I'm wondering if anyone else has had this problem, or can point me to any posts that might help me out.

I'm about 3 weeks into my new 2014 IS 350 F-Sport, and loving the car! One of the few issues I've noticed is when I place calls using hands-free, my call connection "hangs up" and the music starts playing. Wait about 10 seconds, and the call reconnects for a few (10'ish?) seconds, then hangs up and reconnects again. Appears to happen regularly. I'm not positive it's a car issue, but my bluetooth headset has been rock solid with this phone for months.

Other than this issue, I have had NO other bluetooth or Enform connectivity issues between the car and my phone. Pandora and Slacker work fantastic (so far.)

Phone is an HTC One (M8), with Android 4.4.4.

Edit: The call never actually hangs up, the other end of the line doesn't really know anything untoward is happening. But the heads-up screen says the call has ended, then reconnects. Hope this makes sense...

Last edited by elevenb; 12-20-14 at 07:04 PM.
Old 12-20-14, 07:03 PM
elevenb
Driver School Candidate

Resolved: I went to the dealership last night, and the tech guy was able to get me back up-and-running!

We tried several things:
- Power-cycled the phone (did not resolve)
- Unpair / RePair multiple times (did not resolve)
- Menu-> Setup -> Genral -> General Settings -> Delete Personal Data -> Delete (This fixed the problem)

"Delete Personal Data" is analogous to setting a smartphone back to factory defaults, so be sure that is what you want to do. I'm thinking this should be a last-ditch troubleshooting step before escalating to Lexus. Music presets, audio settings, GPS settings (like Home Address,) Bluetooth settings, phone address book, etc... All were reset to factory defaults.

Side note: "Deleting Personal Data" also resolved another minor annoyance. When using voice commands, I could say "Play Song <xxxxx>" and the system worked. However, when I would say "Play Artist <yyyyy>" or "Play Album <zzzzz>" i got an error message saying that the play list was still being initialized. After "Deleting Personal Information", the system seems to be working fine now.
Old 12-20-14, 09:55 PM
LexSense
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Thanks for the tip, I remember it being discussed that the "Delete Personal Data" was restoring the weather map for some people (always showed "Downloading Data...". Lately I have been getting that missing weather map again, so I might try this method.

Old 09-28-15, 08:27 PM
hoosier1
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Issue Resolved Thanks

Originally Posted by elevenb
Resolved: I went to the dealership last night, and the tech guy was able to get me back up-and-running!

We tried several things:
- Power-cycled the phone (did not resolve)
- Unpair / RePair multiple times (did not resolve)
- Menu-> Setup -> Genral -> General Settings -> Delete Personal Data -> Delete (This fixed the problem)

"Delete Personal Data" is analogous to setting a smartphone back to factory defaults, so be sure that is what you want to do. I'm thinking this should be a last-ditch troubleshooting step before escalating to Lexus. Music presets, audio settings, GPS settings (like Home Address,) Bluetooth settings, phone address book, etc... All were reset to factory defaults.

Side note: "Deleting Personal Data" also resolved another minor annoyance. When using voice commands, I could say "Play Song " and the system worked. However, when I would say "Play Artist " or "Play Album " i got an error message saying that the play list was still being initialized. After "Deleting Personal Information", the system seems to be working fine now.
After almost two years, I started experiencing the same phone disconnection problem. Deleted personal data as recommended, and now hands free calls are no longer dropping. It is a pain to reestablish personal settings.
Old 10-06-15, 10:25 PM
elevenb
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by hoosier1
After almost two years, I started experiencing the same phone disconnection problem. Deleted personal data as recommended, and now hands free calls are no longer dropping. It is a pain to reestablish personal settings.
Glad to hear this helped! Since "deleting personal data" last December, I have not had a re-occurrence of the Bluetooth disconnecting.