IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Ultra White vs. Nebula Gray / Which one would you choose and why?

Old 12-14-14, 10:32 AM
lexi90
Lexus Champion

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Ultra White vs. Nebula Gray / Which one would you choose and why?

Hey guys,

I've finally negotiated a deal and I am closing it tomorrow! I'm still debating between 2 hot colors: Ultra White or Nebula Gray Pearl. Now, the Nebula Gray Pearl is available in the lot, while the Ultra White has to be shipped from another dealer nearby who's willing to exchange cars.

This is such a tough decision, but I'll have to make tomorrow when I close the deal. Which color would you choose and why? Any input is appreciated.
Old 12-14-14, 11:02 AM
pugua
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I chose UW - to match my wife's white car. Also, because (IMHO) it looks cleaner and more professional.
Old 12-14-14, 11:11 AM
lexi90
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by pugua
I chose UW - to match my wife's white car. Also, because (IMHO) it looks cleaner and more professional.
Interesting statement - "because it looks cleaner and more professional". Being a realtor and nurse, I definitely want to look more professional driving this thing
Old 12-14-14, 11:40 AM
Lindenlea
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by lexi90
Interesting statement - "because it looks cleaner and more professional". Being a realtor and nurse, I definitely want to look more professional driving this thing
As a fellow Realtor,my ride is Ultrasonic Blue,and I get nothing but compliments. Between your 2 choices I would go for UW,much easier to keep clean.
Old 12-14-14, 11:45 AM
RoiteTrom
Pole Position

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Ultra white because I think white is a sporty color that fits this car.

Also take a look at this http://www.wisegeek.org/why-are-white-cars-popular.htm
Old 12-14-14, 12:16 PM
HanaleiISF
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have Ultra white and love the color with the Rioja Red interior...but it would be nice if every drop of water on the car didn't highlight the amount of brake dust constantly on it.
Old 12-14-14, 01:50 PM
GaryHE
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When I purchased my 2014 IS 350 AWD, I wanted it in white. Unfortunately, the only white one in stock had the tan interior (I definitely wanted black interior). While the salesman was willing to find the color combination I wanted, he pointed out that he had a Nebula Gray Pearl car equipped the same way with black interior if I wanted to take a look. I was a little concerned about how badly it would show dust/dirt, but I really like the color combination and thought I'd give it a shot. I am happy to report that it does not show dust/dirt any worse than White (I've had several white cars previously). I get sooooo many compliments on the Nebula Gray color. If I had it to do all over again, I would most definitely get the Nebula Gray Pearl.
Old 12-14-14, 01:59 PM
BlueIS05
Pit Crew

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by lexi90
Hey guys,

I've finally negotiated a deal and I am closing it tomorrow! I'm still debating between 2 hot colors: Ultra White or Nebula Gray Pearl. Now, the Nebula Gray Pearl is available in the lot, while the Ultra White has to be shipped from another dealer nearby who's willing to exchange cars.

This is such a tough decision, but I'll have to make tomorrow when I close the deal. Which color would you choose and why? Any input is appreciated.
Congrats on the deal and new car. Personally, I went with the UW because I think it suits the sporty nature of the car. Also, I had a GGP IS300 as my previous car, which is close to Nebula so I wanted a change.
Old 12-14-14, 04:27 PM
Akrkwk
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nebula grey was also my 2nd choice apart from UW
I got UW/RR to match my alpine white M4 witb shakir orange( more of red)interior
Old 12-14-14, 04:56 PM
lexi90
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Lindenlea
As a fellow Realtor,my ride is Ultrasonic Blue,and I get nothing but compliments. Between your 2 choices I would go for UW,much easier to keep clean.
Wish they had Ultrasonic Blue! That would've been my best Christmas present
Old 12-14-14, 04:57 PM
lexi90
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by RoiteTrom
Ultra white because I think white is a sporty color that fits this car.

Also take a look at this http://www.wisegeek.org/why-are-white-cars-popular.htm
Thanks RoiteTrom!
Old 12-14-14, 04:59 PM
lexi90
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by HanaleiISF
I have Ultra white and love the color with the Rioja Red interior...but it would be nice if every drop of water on the car didn't highlight the amount of brake dust constantly on it.
Have you noticed more brake dust on your UW? Is it normal or is it above normal amount of brake dust? What areas, though? Fenders and lower rockel panels? You're worrying me LOL
Old 12-14-14, 05:01 PM
lexi90
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by GaryHE
When I purchased my 2014 IS 350 AWD, I wanted it in white. Unfortunately, the only white one in stock had the tan interior (I definitely wanted black interior). While the salesman was willing to find the color combination I wanted, he pointed out that he had a Nebula Gray Pearl car equipped the same way with black interior if I wanted to take a look. I was a little concerned about how badly it would show dust/dirt, but I really like the color combination and thought I'd give it a shot. I am happy to report that it does not show dust/dirt any worse than White (I've had several white cars previously). I get sooooo many compliments on the Nebula Gray color. If I had it to do all over again, I would most definitely get the Nebula Gray Pearl.
I'm surprised to hear that! Nebula Gray Pearl is a very nice color, I must admit! Having seen dark gray colored cars in the family and elsewhere and how dirty they can get, I am afraid that the same thing will happen to the NGP color.
Old 12-14-14, 05:03 PM
lexi90
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by BlueIS05
Congrats on the deal and new car. Personally, I went with the UW because I think it suits the sporty nature of the car. Also, I had a GGP IS300 as my previous car, which is close to Nebula so I wanted a change.
Thanks BlueIS05! I see we're in the same state! How is your 3IS treating you? Ready for our CT winters?
Old 12-14-14, 05:04 PM
lexi90
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Akrkwk
Nebula grey was also my 2nd choice apart from UW
I got UW/RR to match my alpine white M4 witb shakir orange( more of red)interior
Why does NGP seems to be the 2nd choice for most buyers??? I was just sold when I saw the UW with RR interior.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ultra White vs. Nebula Gray / Which one would you choose and why?