IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Vibration from engine while stopping in D mode???

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-15, 12:48 PM
LexusFirst
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vibration from engine while stopping in D mode???

Winter is coming. These two days are the first time my living area get below 5C (41F).
The car start up fine as summer time.
I let the car to warm up like 30 second as usual.

After I drove a short distance and the engine temperature indicator reach 1/3 of the level, I realize the engine would generate some vibration while I stop the car completely in D mode. You can actually hear the engine get louder and shake the car a little.
It happens whenever I brake the car to a complete stop.

However, it does not happen when I start my car or after the car is completely warm up (1/2 of the temperature bar). I am not sure if it is because of the cold weather or the engine hasn't warm up enough. It has never happened before while the outside temperature is above 5C.. Yesterday, I thought it was someone beside me who turn their base speaker so loud beside my car. Today, it happened again. I am sure it is the engine. Our engine is always quiet. I am not sure what is happening.

Is this normal?
Do you guys have same issue?

Last edited by LexusFirst; 10-28-15 at 12:52 PM.
Old 10-28-15, 01:55 PM
Imprezario
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by LexusFirst
Winter is coming. These two days are the first time my living area get below 5C (41F).
The car start up fine as summer time.
I let the car to warm up like 30 second as usual.

After I drove a short distance and the engine temperature indicator reach 1/3 of the level, I realize the engine would generate some vibration while I stop the car completely in D mode. You can actually hear the engine get louder and shake the car a little.
It happens whenever I brake the car to a complete stop.

However, it does not happen when I start my car or after the car is completely warm up (1/2 of the temperature bar). I am not sure if it is because of the cold weather or the engine hasn't warm up enough. It has never happened before while the outside temperature is above 5C.. Yesterday, I thought it was someone beside me who turn their base speaker so loud beside my car. Today, it happened again. I am sure it is the engine. Our engine is always quiet. I am not sure what is happening.

Is this normal?
Do you guys have same issue?
Of course our engines make some shake and noise, they are not RR Phantom's V12. There is some steering wheel vibration on D at the full stop, did You notice?
Old 10-28-15, 03:22 PM
LexusFirst
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, but the shake and noise are stronger and louder these two days. I hope it is normal because of the cold weather.
Old 10-28-15, 06:14 PM
Noeh
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

The AWD version tends to do that on the 2IS