IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Will F-Sport front bumper fit a non F-Sport?

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-16, 06:55 PM
Baconn
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Phamkq
The back honestly I feel is just the badges. Correct me if I am wrong.

The front grill will fit perfectly, the tire liner inside won't fit but it's not noticeable if you get bigger tires/wheels. Your base fogs will not fit.
Yea I don't see any difference in the back at all. Would you happen to remember what all you had to order? I tried the parts numbers above but some turned out to be base parts. And do you happen to have a picture of what the tire liner looks like? I figured that would also fit directly. unless tabs are different
Old 08-29-16, 07:51 PM
Phamkq
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Baconn
Yea I don't see any difference in the back at all. Would you happen to remember what all you had to order? I tried the parts numbers above but some turned out to be base parts. And do you happen to have a picture of what the tire liner looks like? I figured that would also fit directly. unless tabs are different
You see how it doesn't fit all the way? The bumpers are shaped differently. All you need is the bumper itself, chrome molding grill, lower grille and upper grille. Everything else will fit right over (even the hardware)
Attached Thumbnails Will F-Sport front bumper fit a non F-Sport?-photo765.jpg  
Old 08-30-16, 03:12 AM
Baconn
Driver School Candidate

You see how it doesn't fit all the way? The bumpers are shaped differently. All you need is the bumper itself, chrome molding grill, lower grille and upper grille. Everything else will fit right over (even the hardware)
is there a fender loner made for the f sport model we should get?
So all the hardware bumper supports brackets and clips are all the same?
If im understand correctly it's the bumper, upper and lower grill, and chrome molding. Do I need the piece that sits behind the upper and lower grill where they meet? Also did you get the air ducts?
And what did you do about the base fogs?
Sorry for all the questions. I've been trying to get this done for awhile lol.
Old 08-31-16, 10:24 AM
Phamkq
Driver

is there a fender loner made for the f sport model we should get?
So all the hardware bumper supports brackets and clips are all the same?
If im understand correctly it's the bumper, upper and lower grill, and chrome molding. Do I need the piece that sits behind the upper and lower grill where they meet? Also did you get the air ducts?
And what did you do about the base fogs?
Sorry for all the questions. I've been trying to get this done for awhile lol.
Sold the base fogs with my bumper. The oem fsport dogs are like $700 while aftermarket are $200ish but i stay away from all ijdm products (bad experience with them).

Those were the only pieces I got and it all fit wth same brackets and everything. My air duct is just a hole rn because I have no idea what it is even for TBH
Old 08-31-16, 10:35 AM
Baconn
Driver School Candidate

Sold the base fogs with my bumper. The oem fsport dogs are like $700 while aftermarket are $200ish but i stay away from all ijdm products (bad experience with them).

Those were the only pieces I got and it all fit wth same brackets and everything. My air duct is just a hole rn because I have no idea what it is even for TBH
i think the air ducts are designed for cooling of the brakes. Hence the openings in the non f sport bumper where the fogs are located. The ones on the f sport just look better I think. And what did you do with the fog wiring harness. I don't really use fogs either so I'm okay without them until I get the Tommy Rowen Kaira kit. Did you order all oem parts? If so from where? I really appreciate the responses
Old 08-31-16, 10:42 AM
Baconn
Driver School Candidate

Ohh and what about the sensors as well
Old 08-31-16, 01:00 PM
Phamkq
Driver

i think the air ducts are designed for cooling of the brakes. Hence the openings in the non f sport bumper where the fogs are located. The ones on the f sport just look better I think. And what did you do with the fog wiring harness. I don't really use fogs either so I'm okay without them until I get the Tommy Rowen Kaira kit. Did you order all oem parts? If so from where? I really appreciate the responses
Hmmm if you can find me on how to connect the air duct and whatever else, it owl be appreciated.

I just zip tied up the wire so it's not loose and hanging. I got my oem painted bumper on craigslists and the three grill pieces (chrome molding, upper grill and lower grill) were all OEM and from eBay. My car didn't have sensors so right now, the lower grill has these awkward holes in them for the sensor plugs.
Old 08-31-16, 01:18 PM
Baconn
Driver School Candidate

Hmmm if you can find me on how to connect the air duct and whatever else, it owl be appreciated.

I just zip tied up the wire so it's not loose and hanging. I got my oem painted bumper on craigslists and the three grill pieces (chrome molding, upper grill and lower grill) were all OEM and from eBay. My car didn't have sensors so right now, the lower grill has these awkward holes in them for the sensor plugs.
i believe they are just plastic/rubber duct you'd simply pop in from what I can tell. No special connection unless I'm wrong. Do you have a picture by chance of the holes. Did you close of the open end connection? I'm trying to figure out if there are a specific type of fender liner we have to use
Old 05-24-20, 08:41 PM
vokhidov
Driver School Candidate

You can buy the fender bracket from the dealer which covers all holes. they run around 30-40$ each, If I am remembering it right.