Exhaust / Intake Mods

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-14, 09:16 PM
Rebirthing
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Exhaust / Intake Mods

Hi all,
Ran into a bit of a bottleneck here on what to do....
Planning on doing the "F-Sport Modding" on my new IS, but I don't know what would be the best option
  1. Stock Exhaust
  2. Stock Exhaust + F-Sport Intake
  3. F-Sport Exhaust + Stock Intake
  4. F-Sport Exhaust + F-Sport Intake
I'm not expecting HP gains, but I'm wondering what sounds the best in the cabin?
Not looking for a loud sound, but something that has a good tone.

If possible, please let me know what you suggest, and why.
That will help a TON. Thank you so much in advance!
Old 12-08-14, 09:30 PM
Dark9t316
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have both f sport intake and exhaust. In retrospect I think you'll get more bang for the buck with the exhaust.
Old 12-08-14, 09:49 PM
Rebirthing
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Dark9t316
I have both f sport intake and exhaust. In retrospect I think you'll get more bang for the buck with the exhaust.
Did you like the sound with the f-Sport intake + exhaust better than stock?
Old 12-09-14, 04:03 AM
Swacer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

From my reading and research, the "F-sport" parts are overpriced and underwhelming.

You'd do better, both for overall expectations, and best bang for the buck, to explore outside of the Lexus offerings.

Keep in mind, if you want the "Lexus parts" because you want warranty, do not fear, bolt ons will not impact your warranty (no matter who built the part).
Old 12-09-14, 06:16 AM
NVMarkus
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I currently have F sport intake and JoeZ exhaust and love the sound, if you look back at some of my posts you can watch some of the videos that I posted from both inside and outside of the car. I started with F sport intake and F sport exhaust.

I like the sound that I have now much better.
Old 12-09-14, 10:42 AM
UltraLexxx
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I put Injen intake on and cut mufflers off exhaust. The intake does get loud when you're really pushing the car. The exhaust also get loud when you're are driving it hard. Both cannot really be heard when driving normal. I personally like a loud beautiful sound so it doesn't bother me.
Old 12-09-14, 10:47 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

Joe Z Intake, JoeZ exhaust
Old 12-09-14, 11:07 AM
Larry96815
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 4TehNguyen
Same here plus the Lexus Performance air filter.
Old 12-09-14, 11:45 AM
Rebirthing
Intermediate

Originally Posted by NVMarkus
I currently have F sport intake and JoeZ exhaust and love the sound, if you look back at some of my posts you can watch some of the videos that I posted from both inside and outside of the car. I started with F sport intake and F sport exhaust.
I like the sound that I have now much better.
Cool, I'll look it up Thanks for your response!

Originally Posted by UltraLexxx
I put Injen intake on and cut mufflers off exhaust. The intake does get loud when you're really pushing the car. The exhaust also get loud when you're are driving it hard. Both cannot really be heard when driving normal. I personally like a loud beautiful sound so it doesn't bother me.
haha that will probably be too loud for me

Originally Posted by Swacer
From my reading and research, the "F-sport" parts are overpriced and underwhelming.
You'd do better, both for overall expectations, and best bang for the buck, to explore outside of the Lexus offerings.
Keep in mind, if you want the "Lexus parts" because you want warranty, do not fear, bolt ons will not impact your warranty (no matter who built the part).
Yeah, I know what you mean. And it's good to know the warranty won't void with intake and exhaust. Have you personally tried any aftermarket intake / exhaust?

Originally Posted by 4TehNguyen
Do you have any clip to share?
Old 12-09-14, 11:52 AM
Swacer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Rebirthing
Cool, I'll look it up

Yeah, I know what you mean. And it's good to know the warranty won't void with intake and exhaust. Have you personally tried any aftermarket intake / exhaust?
For your Lexus? No, the Lexus is my wife's car. I am currently looking at the ARK exhaust (I have been discussing with Mike about the AWD option - which should be out this winter, I've known him for years when I modded my Genesis Coupe) and looking around at intakes (because I need her intake to be efficient all year around and want to avoid hydrolocking). I also plan to get a set of sways, big brake kit, front splitter, and wheels down the road for her car. I"m still in the air because i'm looking at who makes the best offering. I usually research parts for a year before pulling the trigger on things.

What I meant was, you won't lose your warranty with an intake and exhaust, regardless whose parts you buy. The Magnusson Moss Act protects you. So pick what makes you happy. Don't overpay for lower quality.

As for mods, my signatures is the mods on my car. I void warranties very quickly in the name of performance Starting over next year with a ZL1
Old 12-09-14, 02:14 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 667 Likes on 589 Posts

ark exhaust sounds like a nice loud route.

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 12-09-14, 02:27 PM
simon3huna
Rookie

i currently running with ARK performance cat-back and aFe intake and the combo is awesome.
Old 12-09-14, 06:22 PM
Dark9t316
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Rebirthing
Did you like the sound with the f-Sport intake + exhaust better than stock?
The exhaust is so much better than the stock, it runs pretty quiet unless you go above 1500rpm. Once you go above 2000rpm the car really growls. On the freeway there is no droning, maybe slight hum. I think it won't be as loud as some aftermarket exhaust, but this is the perfect level of noise for me, plus it looks nice.

The intake on the other hand, other than the fact that it looks great, I can't honestly say it sounds any louder. With the f-sport exhaust installed, you won't be able to hear the intake stock or f-sport.
Old 12-09-14, 08:59 PM
Rebirthing
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Dark9t316
The exhaust is so much better than the stock, it runs pretty quiet unless you go above 1500rpm. Once you go above 2000rpm the car really growls. On the freeway there is no droning, maybe slight hum. I think it won't be as loud as some aftermarket exhaust, but this is the perfect level of noise for me, plus it looks nice.

The intake on the other hand, other than the fact that it looks great, I can't honestly say it sounds any louder. With the f-sport exhaust installed, you won't be able to hear the intake stock or f-sport.
nice. sounds like that's the way to go!
I guess after having F-Sport exhaust, sound generator doesn't do anything anymore
Old 12-10-14, 07:06 AM
Mr_VFS1
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by simon3huna
i currently running with ARK performance cat-back and aFe intake and the combo is awesome.
Do you have a 250 or 350? Looking into Ark exhaust also but can't find someone with a 250 to hear it on. If you have a 250, send me a pm. Thanks!

Quick Reply: Exhaust / Intake Mods