IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

A/V Input Instructions

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-17, 07:39 PM
Jpmpr33
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default It works

Sorry to take so long but a few of you responded to my situation and i was having trouble getting my pw to reset for some reason but anyway everything works now. Thank you guys. Going to order my screen mirror attatchment soon
Old 01-31-17, 04:58 PM
Jcar1
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by badbwoy007
Ok cool. I did contact VAIS directly and they said the "discounted" price of $139.99 was the price and basically a great deal marked down from the retail price. I saw a thread before for the group buy but it was $134.99.

I also contacted Beat-Sonic and they told me the main difference between their module and VAIS is the fact that the video bypass is always on and doesn't need a button sequence.

How do you like your module despite the attractive price point? Seems like so many people went with Beat-Sonic, not sure why.
Sorry for the late reply. The Vais has been great, I haven't had any issues. You have to get used to the button sequence but it's not a problem. I don't like the fact that you cannot permanently bypass the video or navigation so you have to push the button sequence every time you start the car which wasn't a big deal until I now use it daily with the AV mod. If Beatsonic has a permanent video bypass, it might be worth the extra $ if your lazy like me
Old 02-27-17, 08:36 PM
DRBIS
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have also this option.

email:
Hello, I would like to know what I need to buy for mirroring my iPhone or another phone in my lexus IS 2016 screen with navigation (nor mark levinson)?
answer:
Thank you for your email. You will need to get two systems from us.
First you will need to get an AV input to feed iPhone mirroring to the screen: http://www.prestigioussociety.com/?page_id=1223
Second you will need our bypass system to enable video playback in motion: http://www.prestigioussociety.com/?page_id=138
Please note, since iPhone has proprietary right for mirroring you will need to get the Apple AV output which is about $40-50 from amazon or Apple Store. Lastly since the apple adapter is hdmi base you will need to get an HDMI2AV converter which will run you about $20.
Hope this helps.
Regards,
Mark
email:
thank you
other questions
will it work with car in motion?
do you provide all the installation instructions?
I have seen that both links have exact the same information, what is the diference?
thank you
Answer:
Yes, with our enhancement system it will display while in motion. The two products are different. One is to create AV input in your factory system another is to enable navigation and video in motion. We include all detail instruction for all the products we offer.
Sincerely yours,
Mark

hope this helps
if anybody want to try that option, please post with photo if possible.
thanks

Last edited by DRBIS; 02-27-17 at 08:40 PM.
Old 02-28-17, 04:14 PM
gbgary
Pole Position

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts

i have ZERO expertise here. read the entire thread but don't fully understand all the jargon etc. now that all the trial-and-error experimenting has been done can someone who's done this successfully post a complete final list of parts needed to do this? my car is a non-nav 2016 and i'd love to mirror my android phone to that screen (google maps, etc). correct me if i'm wrong but i think it's possible with the non-nav base/stock set-up...correct? a write-up would be cool for all of us a/v challenged folks out here. thanks!
Old 03-06-17, 10:49 AM
badbwoy007
Driver

Received 23 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by gbgary
i have ZERO expertise here. read the entire thread but don't fully understand all the jargon etc. now that all the trial-and-error experimenting has been done can someone who's done this successfully post a complete final list of parts needed to do this? my car is a non-nav 2016 and i'd love to mirror my android phone to that screen (google maps, etc). correct me if i'm wrong but i think it's possible with the non-nav base/stock set-up...correct? a write-up would be cool for all of us a/v challenged folks out here. thanks!
Here is what you can use for your android mirror. I don't see why this wouldn't also work on a non-nav setup.

Zune A/V Output Cable (
Amazon Amazon
)

RadioShack Coupler (http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from...ot;&rmvSB=true)

RadioShack HDMI-to-Composite Converter (Highly Recommended) (https://www.radioshack.com/products/...site-converter)

Actiontec ScreenBeam Mini2 Wireless Display Receiver (
Amazon Amazon
)

Last edited by badbwoy007; 03-07-17 at 02:59 PM.
The following users liked this post:
gbgary (03-06-17)
Old 03-06-17, 04:18 PM
gbgary
Pole Position

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by badbwoy007
Here is what you can use for your android mirror. I don't see why this wouldn't also work on a non-nav setup.

Zune A/V Output Cable

connected to

RadioShack Coupler

connected to

RadioShack HDMI-to-Composite Converter (Highly Recommended)

connected to

Actiontec ScreenBeam Mini2 Wireless Display Receiver
thanks. none of your links work. also...no by-pass needed?
Old 03-06-17, 04:24 PM
Jpmpr33
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

if you want by pass and all of your cables to be hidden I would talk to beat sonic. Let them know that you saw them through this forum and they will give you a special price. That's what I did. The kit come with everything and it's wireless you can just screen mirror. You will need a separate device for screen mirroring though
The following 2 users liked this post by Jpmpr33:
gbgary (03-07-17), PGARazor (07-02-17)
Old 03-07-17, 03:01 PM
badbwoy007
Driver

Received 23 Likes on 12 Posts

thanks. none of your links work. also...no by-pass needed?
Got the links fixed.

Yes to the bypass, you will need that too. I haven't got mine yet but I plan on going with BeatSonic.
The following users liked this post:
gbgary (03-07-17)
Old 03-08-17, 09:39 PM
vital
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have a 2014 IS250 F-Sport w/ Nav (non-Mark Levinson) and an iPhone 6S. What parts do I need?
Old 03-21-17, 11:08 AM
bobes350
Driver School Candidate

Hi guys, is there any way to Mirror without opening the dash. I have Iphone and Lexus es350 2016 no nav. If so, what items I should purchase?

Thank you guys.
Old 05-12-17, 05:29 AM
Ciggy
Lead Lap

Received 89 Likes on 65 Posts

Does this beat sonic kit include the bypass?

http://www.beatsonicusa.com/if02ep.html

Is'nt this basically all we need plus a mirror cast device. If so the beat sonic guys made this much easier!

edit: Looks like this is for non-nav only. dang
Old 06-29-17, 08:12 PM
Turismo
Pit Crew

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

I'm having an issue. My video signal is coming through scrambled, like a blocked cable channel, and the audio is just a hum.
I'm using the same radio shack converter, and I've tried every combo of the rca connections. Could it be my 3.5mm-rca adapter?
I'm hesitant because I can kinda see something on the video, leading me to believe that the video lead is in fact getting a video signal...
I've also tried switching from ntsc to pal.

I'm hooking it to my galaxy s8+
Help plz!
Old 08-12-17, 12:47 AM
chocoprinz
Driver School Candidate

Hi,
I've read through this thread and I though I somewhat still feel like an idiot, I feel my issue is somewhat different. Hoping someone can steer me in the right direction. I gather that this thread pertains to converting a 3.5 mm input to an A/V input which is not my issue.

My 2010 Lexus GX 460 has the following input on the centre console in the rear; we have in-seat factory DVD.

I have a media player that has both a 3.5 mm auxillary to composite A/V cord as well as an HDMI to composite A/V cord. I plugged the male 3-coloured composite A/V into these ports in my vehicle expecting to see it show up in Video Mode on the Rear DVD Screens. No luck.
I also tried connecting my XBox One using my HDMI to composive A/V cord. Also no success.

Several months ago, I tried this on my wife's Lexus GX460 as well. No dice here.

Please help. Willing to purchase extra cords for those long road trips, just need to know what to purchase.

Thank you in advance.
Old 08-12-17, 06:58 AM
specONE
Racer

Received 487 Likes on 246 Posts

Originally Posted by chocoprinz
Hi,
I've read through this thread and I though I somewhat still feel like an idiot, I feel my issue is somewhat different. Hoping someone can steer me in the right direction. I gather that this thread pertains to converting a 3.5 mm input to an A/V input which is not my issue.

My 2010 Lexus GX 460 has the following input on the centre console in the rear; we have in-seat factory DVD.

I have a media player that has both a 3.5 mm auxillary to composite A/V cord as well as an HDMI to composite A/V cord. I plugged the male 3-coloured composite A/V into these ports in my vehicle expecting to see it show up in Video Mode on the Rear DVD Screens. No luck.
I also tried connecting my XBox One using my HDMI to composive A/V cord. Also no success.

Several months ago, I tried this on my wife's Lexus GX460 as well. No dice here.

Please help. Willing to purchase extra cords for those long road trips, just need to know what to purchase.

Thank you in advance.
Doubt we would be much help here since we don't have your same car. Have you tried reading your owner's manual?
Those inputs probably only portray onto the rear entertainment screen and not the front one. You tried changing input modes for the rear screen with your remote controller?
Old 08-13-17, 04:07 PM
ISFWes
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

On the AV inputs for the GX. Did you use the remote to change from DVD to Aux input? My old RX350 had the same inputs. And my grandson hooked up his video game player to it.

http://drivers.lexus.com/t3Portal/do.../sec_03_04.pdf

Go to page 41

Last edited by ISFWes; 08-13-17 at 04:11 PM.

Quick Reply: A/V Input Instructions