IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

2014 IS-250 Remote Start with Factory keypad integration

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-14, 11:16 PM
Oxytocin
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I tried to flash my module with the RS firmware and it says that my module is not compatible with RS, is anyone else having this issue?
Old 12-09-14, 10:02 PM
computerwi
Advanced

Received 48 Likes on 35 Posts

Just wanted to share my experience with this module. I had this installed in my 2015 IS350 for standalone remote start and it's working perfectly. Some notes my installer told me:

1. There have been documented issues with the Lock-Unlock-Lock option compared to the default Lock-Lock-Lock button sequence. This is related to how the module syncs with the vehicle to know which was the last lock/unlock command received. (e.g. using the door handle with the key in proximity mode counts as unlock but so does pressing the unlock on the remote).

2. In the wiring diagram posted above from the manufacturer, a physical tap into the parking lights is required for the module to activate exterior lights when remotely started. Therefore, if the module were to malfunction, the headlights, taillights, etc. would not operate. I opted to not connect the parking lights for this reason. (i.e. no exterior lights are on when the vehicle is remotely started).

3. If the parking lights are wired to the module, there is no way for the parking lights to shut off when the timer for the remote start has elapsed if the the headlamp switch is left in AUTO. The module must bypass the factory battery saver function so until a door is opened and closed, the lights will remain on leading to battery drain.

4. Secure takeover is not supported. (i.e. When you open the doors, the engine will shut off. Opening the truck however, will not shut off the engine.)

I had the module installed for sub $400, so it's quite affordable. The most important item for me was having a no-fuss system without having to lug around another remote and this fit the bill perfectly. Range was not an issue for me since it's parked in the garage at home or near a window at work. If you get the RS-TL7 firmware, the module can support an aftermarket system should you opt for a later upgrade.

Kudos to Ultimate Sound Connection in Edmonton for the excellent service.
Old 12-10-14, 08:43 PM
Oxytocin
Driver

Success!

Had my module and Drone installed today. Everything works perfectly

I opted for a smart start because I use the Lexus card key instead of the regular key fob.

Old 12-11-14, 06:17 AM
IS3F
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Oxytocin
Success!

I opted for a smart start because I use the Lexus card key instead of the regular key fob.

Very interesting. Can you share more info on the smart start? Seems like it's compatible with your phone
Old 12-11-14, 06:24 PM
Oxytocin
Driver

The Drone mobile is from Compustar, it allows smart start from your phone (iOS or android) with two annual subcription (49.99 for basic and 119.99 for premium). There's also a 3 year plan with a discount, I got the basic because the premium options I didn't find useful to my needs.

It cost about $130-150 online, there are three types: continental USA, Canada, and Alaska (different network carriers). It's a very easy install into the ADS-ALCA, but has a slightly complex activation sequence, which is required to turn on the SIM card and allow you to connect to the drone via app, you also have to be there for that part (to register the drone to your phone app) if you're having it done professionally.

Originally Posted by computerwi
1. There have been documented issues with the Lock-Unlock-Lock option compared to the default Lock-Lock-Lock button sequence. This is related to how the module syncs with the vehicle to know which was the last lock/unlock command received. (e.g. using the door handle with the key in proximity mode counts as unlock but so does pressing the unlock on the remote).

2. In the wiring diagram posted above from the manufacturer, a physical tap into the parking lights is required for the module to activate exterior lights when remotely started. Therefore, if the module were to malfunction, the headlights, taillights, etc. would not operate. I opted to not connect the parking lights for this reason. (i.e. no exterior lights are on when the vehicle is remotely started).

3. If the parking lights are wired to the module, there is no way for the parking lights to shut off when the timer for the remote start has elapsed if the the headlamp switch is left in AUTO. The module must bypass the factory battery saver function so until a door is opened and closed, the lights will remain on leading to battery drain.
I opted for lock-unlock-lock and I don't have any issues. I tried different combinations of locks and unlocks with the remote and the door sensors before pressing the lock-unlock-lock sequence on my remote and I had no problems with remote start, was successful each time.

My car's exterior lights do not turn on when the remote start activates, but they do flash when I use the Drone to lock/unlock the car, which it uses the ALCA to do. I leave my lights on auto and nothing turns on with remote start so I guess I don't have to worry about battery drain.
Old 12-27-14, 12:56 PM
criticalgt
Pole Position

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Do you lose a FOB in the process?

DIY would be greatly appreciated!!!
Old 12-29-14, 07:29 PM
lexusboy1
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by IS3F
+1 - looking for an installer in the Toronto area
Hello! i can recommend http://mycaraudio.ca those guys install remote starter for my car also. Very good guys they doing starters for luxury cars
Old 01-23-15, 06:46 PM
Boost786
Rookie

I just started a DIY on the remote start with factory keyfob here......

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...t-install.html
Old 01-24-15, 07:44 AM
IS3F
Driver

I also got my RES working on my 2014 IS350 with nav. My installer got me a part made by fortin rather than idatalink but it seems to work the same way. I also paid just over $300. Thanks OP!
Old 01-25-15, 11:35 AM
ralphiep
Driver School Candidate

so i have the 2015 is and i usually start my car with my phone but does anyone know if they make a keychain that will link and start the car that way?
Old 04-07-15, 12:11 PM
dnwin
Driver School Candidate

Would this remote start work with any other car? 2008 is250

Originally Posted by tbone587
I had been waiting a long time for a remote start solution to be available for my 2014 IS-250 with navigation. I finally saw idatalink released a firmware for their ADS-ALCA bypass module that allows you to add a remote start that is triggered by the factory keypad. It was a fairly easy installation and it started up right away. If anyone has any questions on this I would be more than happy to answer. I do have car installation experience, but I didnt find the installation to be that difficult in general.
Old 04-07-15, 12:25 PM
dnwin
Driver School Candidate

Where in CA are you located??
Originally Posted by Oxytocin
Success!

Old 05-25-15, 06:00 PM
jb4
Driver School Candidate

I'm guessing there is no secure takeover still?
Old 05-26-15, 09:00 PM
jsantos
Driver School Candidate

i didnt read throughout the thread, but when the car remote starts, are the doors locked or unlocked?

i'm thinking about getting this as well.
Old 05-27-15, 03:20 PM
My0gr81
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jsantos
i didnt read throughout the thread, but when the car remote starts, are the doors locked or unlocked?

i'm thinking about getting this as well.
Are you in the US? if so, you don't need this, use your Enform remote by installing the application on your mobile phone.

Quick Reply: 2014 IS-250 Remote Start with Factory keypad integration