IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Rear lip spoiler installed terribly?!?

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-14, 02:16 PM
ThomasGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 373 Likes on 218 Posts

Believe it or not, the technicians at the dealership nearest me install items such as these, not the body shop. Bring the vehicle back and have them do it properly.
Old 11-10-14, 07:03 PM
wednesday
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Congrats on finally getting your car! I had a factory spoiler installed by the dealer on my 2007 IS and it looked terrible from the get go, I had to take it back to have them redo it and I still had problems. I don't know why it is so hard for them to do it right My IS's with port installed spoilers looked good. Anyway I hope you get it rectified, if I were you and they didn't drill holes I would just take it off.
Old 11-24-14, 09:47 PM
OrionLex
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for all the input - I'm glad you all agree that I'm not being overly nitpicky! After spending 60K+ on a vehicle, I feel like this kind of shoddiness is completely unacceptable. It's annoying enough that the vehicle was missing a couple options from the factory that it was supposed to have (and after waiting 13 weeks for my special order!), but to have them do such a **** poor job with the installation is just downright insulting and unprofessional.

To their credit, they've told me to take the car back for them to fix this, but I haven't had time since I've been so busy with work recently (I'd already made 5 trips to the dealership within the first week for various reasons!)...

I'll update this thread once I get this resolved - thanks again for the support everyone! =)
Old 11-24-14, 09:54 PM
OrionLex
Driver

Originally Posted by wednesday
Congrats on finally getting your car! I had a factory spoiler installed by the dealer on my 2007 IS and it looked terrible from the get go, I had to take it back to have them redo it and I still had problems. I don't know why it is so hard for them to do it right My IS's with port installed spoilers looked good. Anyway I hope you get it rectified, if I were you and they didn't drill holes I would just take it off.
Thanks! I question the competence of some of these dealerships - it's why I wanted all the options factory or port installed, since it's what they do all day long and you know they'll do it right.

I do like the look of the spoiler, I think it adds a little something different and extra to the car, but I also think the car looks good without it as well. However, since this particular spoiler install requires drilling, I have no choice but to get this fixed!

Otherwise, love the car - still learning all the little things about it. I'll post my own mini-review of it once I compile a list of all the pros and cons I've noticed. Almost at 1,000 miles too, so can't wait til after this breakin period so I can drive it a little more aggressively...
Old 11-24-14, 09:58 PM
OrionLex
Driver

Originally Posted by zarraz
that is probably not even an oem spoiler, as lexus oem are amazing for fit and finish, I installed mine at home that is how easy it is, comes with a template, and proper tape, from the pictures it looks like the wrong tape was used, its not oem, oem tape was grey and not white
Originally Posted by AMNss
Does not look like any of the OEM Lexus spoilers.
Quick note - it actually is the official 2015 Lexus spoiler option for this vehicle (I even saw it in the original factory box before they installed it 'cuz I asked to see it to make sure they didn't screw up and install the wrong spoiler!). I didn't include any rear shots of my car 'cuz my car was backed against the wall in the garage when I took the pics, but from behind it looks normal & you'd be able to tell that it's the official 2015 spoiler option.

I'll post new shots later after I get this rectified...
Old 04-15-15, 10:37 PM
GordonUK
Driver School Candidate

Deffo take it back
Old 04-16-15, 06:49 AM
A2BLexus
Rookie

I think it looks GREAT........................................ if you were Stevie Wonder.

Hope they fix it.