IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

aluminum pedal protection

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-14, 06:28 AM
tC2IS350
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default aluminum pedal protection

Has anyone done anything to try and lessen the amount of scratches occuring on the f-sport aluminum pedals? Also, is there something that works well for cleaning them?
Old 11-04-14, 09:22 AM
IS1911
Driver

I would strongly caution against putting ANYTHING on your pedals to try and protect them from wear and tear. Safety and common sense need to come before cosmetics when it comes to your pedals. For the same reason I also wouldn't clean them with anything more than soap and water.
Old 11-04-14, 09:29 AM
Swacer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Now now, lets not go calling common sense. There are plenty of people on this forum doing thing such as pulling fenders or putting obnoxiously wide wheels on that don't fit within the factory specifications, and no one questions them.

Its a good question. Aluminum is susceptible to scratching since its a relatively soft metal. I would think that a clear adhesive would work, something similar to a clear bra. In which over time you have to peel it off and replace it with a new piece. This would have little to no impact with the ability to drive the car, nor impact the safety of the driver. Having wet shoes on those aluminum pedals and you are just as much as risk as someone applying something to cover it.

So lets try again, and be constructive this time....
Old 11-04-14, 10:54 AM
theoryguy
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's a pedal cover, it will get scratched considering you're putting your shoes on it.
Old 11-04-14, 03:49 PM
IS1911
Driver

Originally Posted by Swacer
Now now, lets not go calling common sense. There are plenty of people on this forum doing thing such as pulling fenders or putting obnoxiously wide wheels on that don't fit within the factory specifications, and no one questions them.
Umm excuse me. If this is the thread you're referring to then I suggest you look again because I was the first to call the Dude out. Reference post #9 in the following thread.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...-happened.html
Old 11-05-14, 04:32 AM
Swacer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by IS1911
Umm excuse me. If this is the thread you're referring to then I suggest you look again because I was the first to call the Dude out. Reference post #9 in the following thread.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...-happened.html
I wasn't accusing you (as you notice, I also commented on that thread), I was simply saying, if this forum generally supports people doing stupid things like pulling fenders, I don't see someone asking about coating a pedal as that silly.

thats all.
Old 11-05-14, 05:20 AM
AdvanSLF
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

anyone who wants to do anything to their car has the right to, though i question some people's taste at times.. but as long as they are not hurting anyone else or themselves then its whatever. i'd like to include if they're also not being a nuisance to anyone then that's even better. however, once you change/modify/update something which in anyway could have a potential direct impact on other drivers, that's where you should kinda draw the line. i can understand one member's concerns about using cleaners on the pedals, which if the remaining residue is a slick agent, can cause foot slippage and boom, the accident that could have been avoided.