IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

[PICTURES]First One To Crash 2015 Lexus IS250 F-Sport?

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-14, 02:36 PM
aritweets
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ApexSilver
Dang that sucks...How fast where you going? Wondering whats the weight difference between the is350 f and 250 f? About 200 pounds? Comparing rwd to rwd? Just wondering cause I'll let my wife know to be careful in her 350 if its wet out.

I was going about 15/20 mph on a banana curved freeway on ramp. It was so crazy, it has freshly rained, so I assume the dried up oil on the California Highways rose up the ground.

Completely 180'd then slid into the guardrail, hit the front left corner and bounced back to the back left corner.
Old 10-30-14, 09:20 PM
pman6
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Is that where the normal seam is on the C pillar when they build the car?
or is that a fresh cut ?

Old 10-30-14, 10:21 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,522 Likes on 1,820 Posts

I really feel for ya, that sucks. At least you're okay!

Originally Posted by pman6
Is that where the normal seam is on the C pillar when they build the car?
or is that a fresh cut ?
No seam in the C Pillar. When the rear quarter is damaged they have to cut it out and weld in a new piece.
Old 10-31-14, 05:25 AM
toyotatom
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

These cars handle pretty good, no other cars had any problems on this turn?. Can't believe you hydroplaned at 15/20 mph with new tires, the oil was most likely the problem. Hope your car turns out like new for you

Originally Posted by aritweets
I was going about 15/20 mph on a banana curved freeway on ramp. It was so crazy, it has freshly rained, so I assume the dried up oil on the California Highways rose up the ground.

Completely 180'd then slid into the guardrail, hit the front left corner and bounced back to the back left corner.
Old 11-07-14, 05:02 PM
aritweets
Driver

Had the body shop install the RSR Super Down Springs

Get my baby back early next week finally!!

Old 11-07-14, 06:23 PM
lexi90
Lexus Champion

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

So sorry, man! Glad to see the car coming to life again
Old 11-08-14, 04:08 AM
PAVGR
Racer

Received 85 Likes on 49 Posts

Glad to see it finally done!Don't forget me please!
Old 11-09-14, 08:07 AM
Spagolli94
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I really like the lowered stance. Not too smashed - just right. Question... Do lowered springs play nice with the adaptive suspension? How is the ride quality?
Old 11-09-14, 08:07 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,522 Likes on 1,820 Posts

Originally Posted by Spagolli94
I really like the lowered stance. Not too smashed - just right. Question... Do lowered springs play nice with the adaptive suspension? How is the ride quality?
His doesn't look like he's quite ready to take it for a spin to see yet...

Plus its a 250, no adaptive suspension.
Old 11-09-14, 08:20 PM
tnguyen88
Driver School Candidate

Accidents happen at least you have insurance and being as the car is leased you have less worries. had close call today too people in front of me decided to be stupid and i had to test out my brand new breaks on my 2015 350 fs . Breaks worked great.
Old 11-09-14, 09:00 PM
rxonmymind
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

After many, many, MANY miles of driving I can attest to what happened to you. Luckily I've never spun out in the rain on curves. But a tip if you'll take it.
Be careful of rain or runoff at the bottom of any bridge as you approach them. Water will pool there. Also the same on the other side coming down
Always stay in the same lane as others have plowed for you in the snow.
Always scan the road ahead of you double time in the rain in case you have to make a sudden lane change.
LIGHT auto X will teach you a TON about your car. Check to see in your area who is holding summer Auto X events. They're not expensive. Saved my life doing this. Like you, fish tailed on a very curvy road hitting gravel that was dropped from the side of a mountain and managed to get it under control on the gravel shoulder with a few feet to spare near the cliff and glide back onto pavement.
Glad your OK and have a sweet ride home.
Old 11-10-14, 07:34 AM
Sandeman
Driver School Candidate

that sucks but you're in one piece and you're still alive and well! best of luck with the repairs- I'm sure it will come out good as new!
Old 11-10-14, 08:00 AM
Spagolli94
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SW13GS
His doesn't look like he's quite ready to take it for a spin to see yet...
Ha ha! Obviously. My question was more for others who have lowered suspensions. It sure does look nice. I'm not a fan of cars that look smashed to the ground, but that particular suspension on his has the perfect amount of wheel gap. I'm looking forward to seeing pics after the car is all fixed good as new.
Old 11-10-14, 10:34 AM
aritweets
Driver

Originally Posted by rxonmymind
After many, many, MANY miles of driving I can attest to what happened to you. Luckily I've never spun out in the rain on curves. But a tip if you'll take it.
Be careful of rain or runoff at the bottom of any bridge as you approach them. Water will pool there. Also the same on the other side coming down
Always scan the road ahead of you double time in the rain in case you have to make a sudden lane change.
LIGHT auto X will teach you a TON about your car. Check to see in your area who is holding summer Auto X events. They're not expensive. Saved my life doing this. Like you, fish tailed on a very curvy road hitting gravel that was dropped from the side of a mountain and managed to get it under control on the gravel shoulder with a few feet to spare near the cliff and glide back onto pavement.

Thanks, I'll look into that!

As far as the ride quality, I get my car back Tuesday of this week! If everything continues as scheduled.
Old 11-10-14, 11:07 AM
RX469
Pole Position

Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by rxonmymind
I really enjoyed your post and suggestion about the Auto X. Would definitely like to give it a go though however, don't see much options for us here in the mid-atlantic region though?

Quick Reply: [PICTURES]First One To Crash 2015 Lexus IS250 F-Sport?