IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

allfit lip kit

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-15, 12:10 PM
magne
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Is the allfit logo printed on all versions of the front lip?
It looks a bit to much boy racer for my taste with the white logo on the lip, but looks good without the logo.
Old 01-09-15, 01:11 PM
EdoApero
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by magne
It looks a bit to much boy racer for my taste with the white logo on the lip, but looks good without the logo.
I believe he said they provide a decal with the lips so it's your choice if you want to put it on or not.
Old 01-09-15, 02:31 PM
AllFit
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by magne
EdoApero is correct. These are decals we include with any purchase. They can be placed on the lip if you'd like or left off.
Old 01-10-15, 08:35 PM
steveo55
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

So i just received it in the mail. I will install during the week. So far the material is made more of rubber so it looks like it probably will last longer. Ez lip is more like foam. I also kind of think thats its wider than the ez lip so it might make the vehicle look slightly more lowered. They also threw in a keychain.
Old 01-11-15, 01:00 AM
Jbreezie
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

any more pix of the front?
Old 01-11-15, 04:51 PM
AllFit
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Glock47
any more pix of the front?
For which model? Please check page 3 for the majority of the pictures.
Old 01-11-15, 04:58 PM
AllFit
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by steveo55
So i just received it in the mail. I will install during the week. So far the material is made more of rubber so it looks like it probably will last longer. Ez lip is more like foam. I also kind of think thats its wider than the ez lip so it might make the vehicle look slightly more lowered. They also threw in a keychain.
Awesome! Look forward to the results and a full review. This will also be another helping tool for other members when we ultimately run a group buy.

Funny you mention the materials. Our competitors sell a form of EPDM which is a very low quality, low density product. We custom manufacture a unique material actually meant to withstand curbs and scrapes. Technically speaking, believe it or not, epdm is a form of rubber which is what our competitor sells but you would never guess it was a form of rubber. Technically, in the chemical breakdown, our product is a form of plastic that we actually foam (in a sense) to make flexible. So the complete opposite of what you would think when holding the two products.

At the end of the day, you are correct in that the comparison feels like the competitor sells a foam, cheap quality rip-able part, while our product feels like dense rubber and durable.

Looking forward to the results
Old 01-11-15, 09:29 PM
Jbreezie
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by AllFit
For which model? Please check page 3 for the majority of the pictures.
The 3is. Is the group buy going to happen?
Old 01-11-15, 10:00 PM
AllFit
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Glock47
The 3is. Is the group buy going to happen?
There are a ton of pictures posted on page 3. Please let us know if you need more than that. We highly recommend our complete kit for your 3is. This is our best bang for your buck and by far our most popular kit. Also, if within the US, this kit ships for free.

As far as a group buy, I'm sure at some point we will offer one. But please understand that even if we started a group buy today, you would not see shipment of product for at minimum 3 weeks. By time the group buy runs its course, people sign up and then requesting final payment, it is a bit of a process and can take some time. I would recommend purchasing now and you will have your product by the middle of the week.

Let us know if you have any other questions or concerns and we look forward to servicing another happy All-Fit customer.
Old 01-16-15, 12:50 AM
Jbreezie
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by AllFit
There are a ton of pictures posted on page 3. Please let us know if you need more than that. We highly recommend our complete kit for your 3is. This is our best bang for your buck and by far our most popular kit. Also, if within the US, this kit ships for free.

As far as a group buy, I'm sure at some point we will offer one. But please understand that even if we started a group buy today, you would not see shipment of product for at minimum 3 weeks. By time the group buy runs its course, people sign up and then requesting final payment, it is a bit of a process and can take some time. I would recommend purchasing now and you will have your product by the middle of the week.

Let us know if you have any other questions or concerns and we look forward to servicing another happy All-Fit customer.
I can wait. haha
Old 01-16-15, 03:10 AM
IS350SWFL
Rookie

Any pics of the lip kit on the rear bumper? Is there enough in the complete kit for it to wrap around the entire rear bumper or is it just for the sides (up until the exhaust tips)?
Old 01-16-15, 12:39 PM
AllFit
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by IS350SWFL
Any pics of the lip kit on the rear bumper? Is there enough in the complete kit for it to wrap around the entire rear bumper or is it just for the sides (up until the exhaust tips)?
We have yet to find a car that our 30 foot complete kit is not enough material to fit around any section around the entire car. The Honda Accord for instance, we had a customer buy the 30 foot kit, did front, sides and rear (including the center rear) and have enough left over to make a custom spoiler with the product on the back. Turned out slick.

With that being said, if for some reason 30 feet is not enough, we're an email away from making it right and taking care of you.

We do not have any pictures of the lip on the center rear, just on the sides going back towards the rear.
Old 01-17-15, 10:49 AM
rxqd
Rookie

please help

i got the lip, installed but it might o fbeen my installation but the end is coming off and i dont know what to do?! tried to use the screw but its so hard to penetrate the undercoat so can i go buy some 3m tape and reattach to the lip to get a better fit?? other than that it looks really good.

the other thing is i can cut off the part thats coming off and i have some left over of the original allfit lip i can try to piece it from the cut section with a new section but it might look sloppy.

Last edited by rxqd; 01-17-15 at 10:57 AM.
Old 01-17-15, 11:58 AM
AllFit
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by rxqd
please help

i got the lip, installed but it might o fbeen my installation but the end is coming off and i dont know what to do?! tried to use the screw but its so hard to penetrate the undercoat so can i go buy some 3m tape and reattach to the lip to get a better fit?? other than that it looks really good.

the other thing is i can cut off the part thats coming off and i have some left over of the original allfit lip i can try to piece it from the cut section with a new section but it might look sloppy.
I recommend against cutting from the extra material and piecing it together. Not sure that would yield a clean look.

My recommendation is to stay persistent in using those screws. In the end, this yields the most secure installation and will completely eliminate the lip from ever coming off.

Also, side note, did you prep with rubbing alcohol like we recommended? This makes a huge difference and is key to create a secure bond with the tape and your vehicle. Whether prepped correctly or not, the screws will eliminate any possibility of issues down the road and is worth the extra hassle to use those from the get go.

Hope his helps. Let us know if there's anything else we can help you with. Would love to see the results
Old 01-17-15, 12:09 PM
rxqd
Rookie

I can't get the screw in the under cause the coating, do you think if i put in a new 3m tape and take the old one out it'll work? its very hard to penetrate with those screw under the hood section.

how did everyone else put it on without issue? I did clean it actually i washed my car and wax it so its clean down there/

Last edited by rxqd; 01-17-15 at 12:19 PM.

Quick Reply: allfit lip kit