IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Dealer scratched interior trim pieces

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-14, 06:16 PM
aabdelsa
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dealer scratched interior trim pieces

Posted this in another thread but wanted to make a new thread asking you guys for help. I went to my local dealer (JM Lexus) here in south Florida on Thurday to get my firmware updated. Got back into my car and noticed the scratches shown in the pictures below. Still cannot believe a technician could have been so careless to cause this kind of damage. Lexus didn't even tell me about the damage, it was the first thing I noticed upon getting back into my vehicle. Have an appointment to go back Wednesday to meet with a manager. Has anyone ever experienced anything like this before at the dealership or have any insight for me on what to do/say when I go back on Wednesday?

Old 08-25-14, 06:44 PM
MGB1120
Pole Position

Took mine in to get my LED daytime running lamp replaced due to defective bulbs and left with a knicked front bumper from installing the LED, but more complicated job, not going to be factory perfect, they noted my account & acknowledged it right off the bat. Still debating if it's worth getting fixed sucks having a scratched up new front bumper!

but this is rediculous but honestly I'm not surprised people are careless, it's sad honestly people don't care if it's not theirs. You work hard to get the car and someone ruins the experience for you. Hope they can do something for you

Last edited by MGB1120; 08-25-14 at 08:09 PM.
Old 08-25-14, 07:05 PM
Trish67
Driver School Candidate

I think if you go in with a calm approach I would bet they will work to make it right. Tell them what you want to see happen and I bet they appreciate your calm and honest approach. Then if THAT doesn't work you can always be more firm! But it's so obvious they caused the damage I can't imagine them arguing with you.
Old 08-25-14, 07:19 PM
kmanpete24
Rookie

Thanks for informing us. I live in south florida as well. Now I am worry to take my car in to get the Nav updated. Let me try Lexus of Pembroke Pines or West Kendall Lexus.

By the way I thought all the updates can be performed through the USB ports. Am I wrong?
Old 08-25-14, 08:10 PM
alpha12
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I had a similar situation for my 5k mile maintenance, they washed the car and some micro-scratches could be seen on the hood. I didn't raise the issue on the spot as i didnt notice it at first, I did however comment about it in a post maintenance survey email that was sent to me. The service manager called me about the comment and sent me a check for 150$ to get it buffed out.
Old 08-26-14, 12:26 AM
2IS_Girl
Rookie

Yeah, sadly I'm not surprised by this. Hopefully, you have a good service advisor that will address this in a professional manner and take accountability for the dealer's mistake. Worst case scenario, ask the manager to replace the scratched trim with the trim from one of their loaner vehicles. They should be willing to accommodate that solution, at the very least. Good luck!
Old 08-26-14, 04:43 AM
FinaLpeace
Driver

That's why if I remember I would always give my service consultant a reminder note to be careful with my car for both the exterior and interior because of what happened "last time". That should do it!
Old 08-26-14, 07:17 AM
SC300Es
Pole Position

Received 63 Likes on 44 Posts

What will you be asking dealer to do?
Old 08-26-14, 08:02 AM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Received 268 Likes on 216 Posts

Those spots are no where close to USB port where technician would be plugging and unplugging usb drive. It probably got scratched from cleaning interior when they wash your car.
Old 08-26-14, 09:29 AM
unowned
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

when someone else cleans your car they are not as careful as you are.
Old 08-26-14, 09:52 AM
Jump2man3
Lexus Test Driver

Firstly JM Lexus is one of the Largest Lexus Dealers in the US for a reason. Customer Service, & they are one of the only lexus certified body shops which is in house. My suggestion is to be nice and speak with the service manager, jm is known for customer service they will make it right. Just dont go in acting like a child and it will all work out in the end.
Old 08-26-14, 09:58 AM
aabdelsa
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by SC300Es
What will you be asking dealer to do?
I'm going to ask the dealer to fix the damage they have caused.

And I know the update is done through the usb but I think someone definitely tried to disassmble the dash. The shift **** was loose in my car for some reason and I had to retighten it upon getting back in the vehicle.
Old 08-26-14, 10:01 AM
aabdelsa
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Jump2man3
Firstly JM Lexus is one of the Largest Lexus Dealers in the US for a reason. Customer Service, & they are one of the only lexus certified body shops which is in house. My suggestion is to be nice and speak with the service manager, jm is known for customer service they will make it right. Just dont go in acting like a child and it will all work out in the end.
Yes, that's exactly what I plan on doing. Hopefully it all works out. I will keep you all posted.
Old 08-27-14, 04:09 AM
FinaLpeace
Driver

Yea, I went to the dealership twice for maintenance and the first time they cleaned my interior because I left it dusty. What I saw afterwards were careless scratches to the center console and very minor scuff marks to the navigation and gauge screen which can be remove by wiping it again. It's all good no major marks besides one spot near the mark levinson name tag on the center console that can't seem to be simply remove. I didn't want to go through the hassle of demanding them to reimburse for their careless actions. What I'm doing from now on and I did on my second time that I went in for maintenance was to tell them they do not need to clean my interior and prefer not to because last time it left some marks...... And that's good enough because they know whats going on and I'm probably not the first customer to complain. I didn't want to tell them what a bad job they did and get into the unhappy customer setting as long as they know what I want them to do and they follow through it. My dealership is Lexus of Serramonte btw if anyone want to give their experience on how good of a service they provide.

I wonder if Mercedes provide better service just wondering......

Last edited by FinaLpeace; 08-27-14 at 04:15 AM.
Old 08-27-14, 07:15 AM
MGB1120
Pole Position

Heres my damage, they replaced the LED DRL Lamp and it looks like the bumper shifted when installing and chipped the paint. Looks like it just needs to be re-positioned, but i don't want to make it worse then it is, not sure what to do.

Last edited by MGB1120; 08-27-14 at 07:19 AM.

Quick Reply: Dealer scratched interior trim pieces