Steps to modify the lane change flasher time change
Wanted to get my lane change flasher timing from 3 blinks to 5 and went to dealer to have them do it. Since they were busy, they just printed the steps out for me and I did it myself. It works and I thought I'd share.
The lane change flasher can be adjusted from no flashes, 3, 5, or 7 flashes
Adjustment procedure is:
1. Ignition OFF, hold the wiper switch in the all the way up (OFF) position, turn ignition ON, engine not running, and continue to hold the wiper switch in the OFF position for 5 seconds or more
2. Move wiper switch down 1 position and HOLD for 5 seconds or more
3. Move the wiper switch up to OFF position and hold for 5 seconds or more
4. Move wiper switch down 1 position and hold for 5 seconds or more
5. Release the wiper switch. The right turn signal should flash 1 time
6. Place the intermittent wiper rotary switch in one of the following 4 positions
-P1 - all the way down = 3 flashes
-P2 - 1 up from the bottom = 5 flashes
-P3 - 2 up from the bottom = 7 flashes
-P4 - All the way up = no flashes
7. Pull the turn signal switch down the lane change position (not the turn signal position) and release. The left turn signal should flash 2-4 times.
8. Turn the ignition OFF and then start the car and test.
This should also apply GS I think. Enjoy and hope this helps.
Mine didn't work until I changed the directions slightly.
What I did was pre-select my desired blinking position first prior to starting the remainder of the routine. It took the guess work out when you are at that step:
1) selected P1 (five blinks)
2) Hold wiper stalk OFF
3) Ignition ON; continue to hold wiper stalk OFF for 5 seconds
4) move position 1 down for 5 seconds
5) up for another 5 seconds
6) down for another 5 seconds
7) release; right turn signal will blink once
8) pull down on turns signal stalk
9) left turn signal will blink 2-4 (in my case, it blinked 2 times for the "5 blinks" courtesy feature).
Makes me wonder what else we can program using the method above?