1k "breaking in" check up

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-14, 04:32 AM
nanceeebui
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1k "breaking in" check up

Hey everyone,

So I took my car in yesterday to the dealership to do the complementary 1k miles checkup. After driving off the lot, it seems like they adjusted something with my engine. I'm not sure if that's possible or not. It seems like I can't rev as hard, or at least the car does not react as natural as it used to when I need to apply more of a push on the gas pedal. It almost feels as if I'm driving with Eco mode on, but it's not. Is anyone else experiencing the same thing or maybe similarly? I have the 250 RWD, if it helps.
Old 08-09-14, 10:36 AM
afdavey
Driver

What does your service order say they did? Start with reading that and then speaking with the Service Writer.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using IB AutoGroup
Old 08-09-14, 02:36 PM
nanceeebui
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by afdavey
What does your service order say they did? Start with reading that and then speaking with the Service Writer.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using IB AutoGroup
It was just a routine check up where they check tire pressure, fluids, make sure the engine is running properly. He told me everything was fine. But after I took it out of the lot, it felt different.
Old 08-09-14, 05:25 PM
afdavey
Driver

Originally Posted by nanceeebui
It was just a routine check up where they check tire pressure, fluids, make sure the engine is running properly. He told me everything was fine. But after I took it out of the lot, it felt different.
Then I think you need to make phone call to the Dealer / Service Writer and pose the question if any ECM, etc. updates may have been done... This should hopefully satisfy any concern. My $.02 advice - only go back to the dealer for 'service you need'... most of the time those service visits involve visual inspects and no real work. If you have a problem, then by all means address it.
I call them those 'feel good service' visits where they take up your time and only provide an opportunity for something to happen to your vehicle while at the dealer. Like scratched rims, leather torn on a the center stack / console, parking lot ding - ask me how I know? :-) These were the events I dealt with with my first Lexus RX350 - with my IS350 - I keep my distance. Soon I will need to have the Nav firmware updated - I will guard my IS while the Dealer has it. :-)

Last edited by afdavey; 08-09-14 at 05:33 PM.
Old 08-09-14, 07:48 PM
nanceeebui
Driver School Candidate

Then I think you need to make phone call to the Dealer / Service Writer and pose the question if any ECM, etc. updates may have been done... This should hopefully satisfy any concern. My $.02 advice - only go back to the dealer for 'service you need'... most of the time those service visits involve visual inspects and no real work. If you have a problem, then by all means address it.
I call them those 'feel good service' visits where they take up your time and only provide an opportunity for something to happen to your vehicle while at the dealer. Like scratched rims, leather torn on a the center stack / console, parking lot ding - ask me how I know? :-) These were the events I dealt with with my first Lexus RX350 - with my IS350 - I keep my distance. Soon I will need to have the Nav firmware updated - I will guard my IS while the Dealer has it. :-)
Thank you for the input I think I'll drive it around for a few more days to see if it's a consistent problem before I either go in or make the phone call. Hopefully it's not anything problematic :/
Old 08-10-14, 02:58 AM
mello03
Pit Crew

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

I call them those 'feel good service' visits where they take up your time and only provide an opportunity for something to happen to your vehicle while at the dealer. Like scratched rims, leather torn on a the center stack / console, parking lot ding - ask me how I know?
So true.......
Old 08-10-14, 12:41 PM
Kappy550
Pit Crew

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Possibly a bad tank of gas? I doubt they even looked at it while it was there. Probably just washed it and sent it on its way.
Old 08-10-14, 10:25 PM
nanceeebui
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Kappy550
Possibly a bad tank of gas? I doubt they even looked at it while it was there. Probably just washed it and sent it on its way.
I use the same gas from the same gas station every time. I think it might have been just the first two days, since now it seems like it falling back in place as before. I'm going to continue riding it to see how it goes the next few days.