IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Waiting for my 2015 IS250 FSport!

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-14, 01:52 PM
jaybF
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Waiting for my 2015 IS250 FSport!

Hello, new to the site. Just ordered my white on red IS250 FSport. I got word that it has shipped from Japan via the Andromeda Leader. Anyone else waiting for theirs as well? I'm tracking it via marinetraffic.com but it hasn't updated in a few days. Wondering if anyone's dealer has given them some updates as mine hasn't.

I am definitely IMpatiently waiting! Haha.
Old 08-06-14, 02:15 PM
wednesday
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I am waiting too, mine is an allocated car, Atomic silver/rioja red IS250 F Sport! I am also tracking my ship on Marine Traffic. It was suppose to go through the Panama canal today but turned around and anchored. I am just a little OCD (and impatient) too LOL. Mine is supposed to arrive in Jacksonville on the 12th and to the dealer by the 20th.
Old 08-06-14, 02:22 PM
jaybF
Driver School Candidate

I feel you on the impatient! Just ordered the car on Monday and I'm already OCD LOL. How long has it taken for you if you don't mind me asking? I haven't gotten a set date from my dealer but marine traffic shows Panama Canal on 8/21 as the ETA.
Old 08-06-14, 02:58 PM
wednesday
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by jaybF
I feel you on the impatient! Just ordered the car on Monday and I'm already OCD LOL. How long has it taken for you if you don't mind me asking? I haven't gotten a set date from my dealer but marine traffic shows Panama Canal on 8/21 as the ETA.
I had them allocate one from the first shipment of 2015's, it has been allocated since late mid/July, it shipped from Japan on July 19th. Isn't the anticipation supposed to be half the fun?
Old 08-06-14, 03:13 PM
Fooz
Pole Position

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

First post for me here, been looking for a bit.
I'm in Australia & ordered a 2015 IS350 F Sport about 6 weeks ago. It was due at the end of September but now bought forward to the end of this month & I'm guessing because of the eminent release of the new C series here.

I've been collecting parts for the last month & already have the RS-R down springs, TRD sway bars, Brembo big brake kit & received the full TRD body kit yesterday. Volk Racing G25 wheels due around the same time I get the car.

Can't wait
Old 08-06-14, 03:34 PM
wednesday
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Fooz
I'm in Australia & ordered a 2015 IS350 F Sport about 6 weeks ago. It was due at the end of September but now bought forward to the end of this month & I'm guessing because of the eminent release of the new C series here.

I've been collecting parts for the last month & already have the RS-R down springs, TRD sway bars, Brembo big brake kit & received the full TRD body kit yesterday. Volk Racing G25 wheels due around the same time I get the car.

Can't wait

What color combo did you get?
Old 08-06-14, 07:12 PM
jaybF
Driver School Candidate

Can't wait
Such a long wait even though Japan isn't too far from Australia? Nice parts collection. I don't even know where to begin!
Old 08-06-14, 08:45 PM
nova123
Driver School Candidate

Hi

I've just picked mine up this morning but can't tell if it's a 2014 or 2015 model lol. I did read the other thread that the centre console is matte black, mine is sort of black grey so I can't tell.

Build was in June, but if it's 2014 it would make sense why they gave me such a decent discount - I got the IS350 F Sport with Pack 1 for $72K so not too bad right?

Did your dealer specifically mention what the differences were for the new model year?
Old 08-07-14, 02:59 AM
Fooz
Pole Position

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by wednesday
What color combo did you get?
I'm getting Mercury Grey which appears to be the same as your Nebula & the Dark Rose leather interior.

Such a long wait even though Japan isn't too far from Australia? Nice parts collection. I don't even know where to begin!
I think I missed the cutoff on the 2014 as there was supposed to be one coming earlier then they changed the dates & told me I was getting the 2015.

Originally Posted by nova123
Hi

I've just picked mine up this morning but can't tell if it's a 2014 or 2015 model lol. I did read the other thread that the centre console is matte black, mine is sort of black grey so I can't tell.

Build was in June, but if it's 2014 it would make sense why they gave me such a decent discount - I got the IS350 F Sport with Pack 1 for $72K so not too bad right?

Did your dealer specifically mention what the differences were for the new model year?
Yours will be the 2014 as the original official release date for the 2015 was Sept 29 but now has been bought forward a month. They offered me more discount on other colours in stock but I had my mind set on the Mercury Grey with Dark Rose. Mines Pack 2 for $83K.

They did tell me the difference but it was only really cosmetic in the cabin from memory.
Old 08-07-14, 06:00 AM
wednesday
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by nova123
Hi

Did you get the window sticker? It should be on there.

Just checked marinetraffic, my car is transiting the Panama canal as I speak!
Old 08-07-14, 05:04 PM
jaybF
Driver School Candidate

Just checked marinetraffic, my car is transiting the Panama canal as I speak!
Nice! Just my luck, read about a hurricane going straight for Hawaii this week and right into my ships path. First one in 20 years! Hope it doesn't cause a big delay
Old 08-07-14, 05:19 PM
wednesday
Lead Lap

Nice! Just my luck, read about a hurricane going straight for Hawaii this week and right into my ships path. First one in 20 years! Hope it doesn't cause a big delay
There are actually two storms in the pacific but maybe they will move on through quickly. Also, maybe they can make up time after it passes, my ship is scheduled in a day early now and that was after anchoring for who knows how long yesterday. My car is likely going to have to sit at the dealer for a week before we can go pick it up, now that is going to drive me insane.

BTW, I didn't think to look until my ship was already through the panama canal but there are a couple of webcams at the different locks, you might be able to catch your ship.
Old 08-07-14, 09:01 PM
nova123
Driver School Candidate

Did you get the window sticker? It should be on there.
Unfortunately we don't have those anymore, I think it's all electronic now

Yours will be the 2014 as the original official release date for the 2015 was Sept 29 but now has been bought forward a month. They offered me more discount on other colours in stock but I had my mind set on the Mercury Grey with Dark Rose. Mines Pack 2 for $83K.

They did tell me the difference but it was only really cosmetic in the cabin from memory.
Yeah I thought so too, it's the only time they would give discounts that good. I think a pack 2 would have been about $76K at most but I didn't feel the need for it since I drive like 98% urban

Luckily they had a black/red coming in when I was at the dealer so was able to ****** it quite quick, but then agian if I didnt maybe would have scored a 2015 model haha
Old 08-09-14, 07:12 AM
jaybF
Driver School Candidate

Ships ETA moved up a day! 8/20 to Panama ��
Old 08-09-14, 07:33 AM
wednesday
Lead Lap

Ships ETA moved up a day! 8/20 to Panama ��
That's great news!

Quick Reply: Waiting for my 2015 IS250 FSport!