IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Waiting for my 2015 IS250 FSport!

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-14, 05:52 PM
jaybF
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone else waiting on a 2015? My dealer couldn't give me any updates yet, wanted to know if anyone has heard anything!

Looking forward but very impatient lol
Old 08-14-14, 07:42 PM
wednesday
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Negotiations with my dealer are not going well but there are 2015's already arriving at dealers so I am shopping around.
Old 08-14-14, 07:50 PM
jaybF
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by wednesday
Negotiations with my dealer are not going well but there are 2015's already arriving at dealers so I am shopping around.
Good luck!!! Hope you get exactly what you want
Old 08-14-14, 07:57 PM
wednesday
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by jaybF
Good luck!!! Hope you get exactly what you want
Thanks, I actually found exactly what I want already at another dealer but still waiting to hear back from them, we may go to the dealership tomorrow. If you look around you are going to find plenty of 2015's already at the dealerships, I had no idea until today!
Old 08-14-14, 08:12 PM
jeff5755
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We have an Atomic Silver, Rojo red IS250 F Sport AWD sitting on our showroom floor right now. Unsold. In Lincoln, Nebraska.
Old 08-14-14, 11:45 PM
Rebirthing
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks, I actually found exactly what I want already at another dealer but still waiting to hear back from them, we may go to the dealership tomorrow. If you look around you are going to find plenty of 2015's already at the dealerships, I had no idea until today!
Let us know the final price you negotiated. I'd like to know how much lower a dealer can go below MSRP!
Old 08-15-14, 05:49 AM
AndyL
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by nova123
Hi

I've just picked mine up this morning but can't tell if it's a 2014 or 2015 model lol. I did read the other thread that the centre console is matte black, mine is sort of black grey so I can't tell.

Build was in June, but if it's 2014 it would make sense why they gave me such a decent discount - I got the IS350 F Sport with Pack 1 for $72K so not too bad right?

Did your dealer specifically mention what the differences were for the new model year?
One quick way to tell whether yours is 2015 or 2014 is from the finish of the centre console --- it is not actually matte black as mentioned by other posters.

"Dark grey metallic" is the term described by Lexus Japan when they announced 2015 IS change to lexus.jp members.

Here are the pictures from another thread in CL -- you will also see a new remote touch controller **** --- The 2015 one is recessed in the middle as shown.

I bet yours is already a 2015 since yours is RHD in Australia/New South Wales and Japan has 2015 IS available earlier than North America.
Attached Thumbnails Waiting for my 2015 IS250 FSport!-img_6477.jpg   Waiting for my 2015 IS250 FSport!-img_6478.jpg  
Old 08-15-14, 06:31 AM
wednesday
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Rebirthing
Let us know the final price you negotiated. I'd like to know how much lower a dealer can go below MSRP!
Well my dealer that I have bought 3 cars from so far, this would be the 4th is trying to completely screw me with $1,000 above invoice I told them thanks but no thanks that I would wait.

The dealer I talked to yesterday that has what I want, will not call me back, talked to them at 11:00 am on yesterday and was told they would call me back shortly and nothing.... You have a car on your lot and you are not even going to try to negotiate. I am getting fed up with Lexus dealers. EXTREMELY unprofessional!
Old 08-15-14, 08:38 AM
jeff5755
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well my dealer that I have bought 3 cars from so far, this would be the 4th is trying to completely screw me with $1,000 above invoice I told them thanks but no thanks that I would wait.

The dealer I talked to yesterday that has what I want, will not call me back, talked to them at 11:00 am on yesterday and was told they would call me back shortly and nothing.... You have a car on your lot and you are not even going to try to negotiate. I am getting fed up with Lexus dealers. EXTREMELY unprofessional!
Fly up to Nebraska. I'll sell you the one we have right now!

Edit: Also, a $1000 above invoice (not MSRP) is not unreasonable on a brand new car that is hard to get. We have been selling most of our 2015s (this is the first F sport) at MSRP.
Old 08-15-14, 09:03 AM
FSportBelf
Driver School Candidate

Picking up my IS250 F Sport Monday morning. Ultra White on Rioja Red and could not be more excited. Have a few plans in terms of mods, nothing major. Can't wait to get started!
Old 08-15-14, 09:08 AM
pmlexus
Driver

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

I am waiting too, mine is an allocated car, Atomic silver/rioja red IS250 F Sport! I am also tracking my ship on Marine Traffic. It was suppose to go through the Panama canal today but turned around and anchored. I am just a little OCD (and impatient) too LOL. Mine is supposed to arrive in Jacksonville on the 12th and to the dealer by the 20th.
Hey you live in Jacksonville? I just moved here a month ago and I picked up my 14 IS 250 F Sport from Brumos.
Old 08-15-14, 09:32 AM
wednesday
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by pmlexus
Hey you live in Jacksonville? I just moved here a month ago and I picked up my 14 IS 250 F Sport from Brumos.
No I live closer to Tampa. I usually shop Orlando, Tampa and south Florida dealers because there is a greater concentration of dealerships down here.
Old 08-15-14, 12:05 PM
OrionLex
Driver

I don't have a lot of experience with buying new cars, but $1,000 over invoice doesn't sound too bad (that means the dealer only makes $1k on the car, right?) - what target price are you shooting for? Or did you mean $1,000 over MSRP (which IS a crappy deal!)?
Old 08-15-14, 12:39 PM
jaybF
Driver School Candidate

Contact Lexus of North Miami. they priced me about 2K under invoice as my father is a returning customer for many years. I don't exactly remember the numbers as I am going to sign upon delivery but they may be able to work something out for you. It may be worth the trip down if you get a good deal.
Old 08-15-14, 01:51 PM
wednesday
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by OrionLex
I don't have a lot of experience with buying new cars, but $1,000 over invoice doesn't sound too bad (that means the dealer only makes $1k on the car, right?) - what target price are you shooting for? Or did you mean $1,000 over MSRP (which IS a crappy deal!)?
I think most people consider a really good deal being at or below invoice, I am not sure at what point the dealer isn't making a profit. At that price the payment was near $550 per month for 15k miles

Contact Lexus of North Miami. they priced me about 2K under invoice as my father is a returning customer for many years. I don't exactly remember the numbers as I am going to sign upon delivery but they may be able to work something out for you. It may be worth the trip down if you get a good deal.
My dealer emailed me again this morning and said they are going to see if they can do better so we will see what they come up with. If it doesn't work out I will start casting a wider net and will certainly keep Miami in mind because I don't mind driving to pick up a car.

Quick Reply: Waiting for my 2015 IS250 FSport!