IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Rear Diffusers for Quad Exhausts?

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-14, 06:01 PM
SCSurf
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear Diffusers for Quad Exhausts?

A few questions for you Lexus gurus!

I had ordered the Lexon diffuser from Tom @ Sonic Motorsports last month, however he had informed me last week that Lexon will not produce or ship the rear diffuser without the purchase of a third brake light and Lexon quad exhaust. This news made me a little frustrated, but even more so, disappointed. The whole mod of my car was going to be initiated by this diffuser. Anyways...

Can anybody provide me a list of manufacturers (JDM or domestic) that provide/manufacture a rear diffuser that can fit a quad exhaust system?

Are there any shops stateside, or better yet, in Southern California, that came custom design and machine a diffuser?

I know Seibon offers a rear diffuser in CF for the existing dual exhaust - would a shop be able to cut out additional material to set in a quad exhaust?

I know it's such a small part and it shouldn't dictate my car, however after seeing the Lexon x Lexus of Stevens Creek x Speed Elements build, I really want that look!
Old 08-06-14, 05:06 AM
NVMarkus
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

There is a Seibon one that will fit the quad tip, I believe it is the RF ending, it is squared and you can actually see one on here. A red F sport has it on and he just installed it with photos
Old 08-06-14, 09:50 AM
bucanero
Pole Position

AimGain Type II
Skipper
TRD
Old 08-09-14, 10:53 AM
saferisk
Driver School Candidate

I have the skipper fitted and will be getting quads put on the following saturday. PM me if you want me to send pics.
Old 08-09-14, 12:03 PM
gpxluke
Former Sponsor

Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts

so instead of purchasing just the rear diffuser now, you will have to buy the whole package which includes the overpriced exhaust axel back and the brake light kit? I got quoted $1600 plus shipping for the axel back only...
Old 08-10-14, 10:42 AM
SCSurf
Driver

Originally Posted by gpxluke
so instead of purchasing just the rear diffuser now, you will have to buy the whole package which includes the overpriced exhaust axel back and the brake light kit? I got quoted $1600 plus shipping for the axel back only...
Yes, that's what I was told. It's ridiculous. Don't forget to add on shipping costs either, which would be an extra couple hundred dollars.
Old 08-13-14, 01:56 AM
plutoGK
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by saferisk
I have the skipper fitted and will be getting quads put on the following saturday. PM me if you want me to send pics.
I am really interested in what quads you are putting, is it custom made tips or something else.
TRD is the only one I find offering quad tips, looks good but too pricy for a muffler and I just found one clip on youtube.