IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Leaving Infiniti for Lexus & the IS350 F Sport... Few questions!

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-14, 09:21 PM
TruLux7
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Leaving Infiniti for Lexus & the IS350 F Sport... Few questions!

I'm currently driving a leased 2013 Infiniti G37S, which ends in November 2014. I of course always thought of staying with the brand and going with the Q50S, however there are a few things about it that I don't like. This made me look at the competition, so I am now looking at the IS350.

I plan on leasing again but I have 3 months left! I was told to wait for the 2015 models which are coming out in September? Though I have read they are already out and available?

Given my time frame, would it be more advantageous to wait it out for a newer model or to end my lease with Infiniti and go with a 2014? I have read the 2015s are the same but have electrical upgrades? I ask this now due to the Lexus "golden opportunity" sale ends this month. Would the dealership perhaps pay a month of my Infiniti lease?
Old 08-04-14, 09:29 PM
TruLux7
Driver School Candidate

As for me not sticking with Infiniti....

1. They have no pull ahead or any incentive to stay...
2. I want a red interior (where do you spend most of your time?)
3. Their sport model only comes with WOOD paneling, no option for brushed aluminum. Really?
4. The touch screens are awesome but... Finger prints would drive me nuts. Also don't want to be easily distracted while driving.
5. Drive by wire is kind of funky and somewhat scary.

There's a few more but also a bunch of positives. At this point, I'd much rather have the aggressive IS350!
Old 08-04-14, 11:15 PM
Brolic
Rookie

Lexus all the way. I have both and to me personally Infiniti is just garbage. Lexus beats Infiniti in every way as a luxury car. My personal option.
Old 08-05-14, 12:37 AM
Larry96815
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have no idea how true it is but I was once told that per year Lexus sells more RX suvs than the total sales of ALL Infiniti models.
Old 08-05-14, 03:01 AM
FinaLpeace
Driver

Infiniti was never up to the game with the Germans. Sadly only Japanese luxury brand that can compete with BMW, Mercedes, Audi would be Lexus. I feel disturbed and annoyed by those driving around with their new Q50 and looking at me on my IS350 F Sport thinking it's ugly and inferior, yet they have no clue what level Infiniti is compare to Lexus.
Old 08-05-14, 05:35 AM
bhvrdr
Pit Crew

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

To the OP; i'd see if a good deal can be had on the 14s. Also keep in mind lexus is also drive by wire (throttle). Steer by wire is an infiniti product that is only an option. It is not standard.

To people hating on infiniti, i'm shocked. I owned a 2012 G37S and can recall that the G37 was the only Japanese show in town that could compete with the 3 series. Lets not forget the horrible reviews due to the suspension on the 2GIS. The G37s have killer big brakes from the factory, a tight suspension, and very direct steering. They were a drivers car the way the 3GIS finally became after the luxury nature of the 2GIS.

Now with the Q50, i'd have to make sure not to order steer by wire. I also like the interior much better on the Q50. Just looking at the door panels alone you can see the high quality materials infiniti decided to use versus my plastic lexus door panel. Otherwise I am glad to have the exterior styling and the handling of the IS350. Between the two, I'd still have gone with the IS350. No regrets.

Mike

Last edited by bhvrdr; 08-05-14 at 05:55 AM.
Old 08-05-14, 05:42 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by TruLux7
I'm currently driving a leased 2013 Infiniti G37S, which ends in November 2014. I of course always thought of staying with the brand and going with the Q50S, however there are a few things about it that I don't like. This made me look at the competition, so I am now looking at the IS350.

I plan on leasing again but I have 3 months left! I was told to wait for the 2015 models which are coming out in September? Though I have read they are already out and available?

Given my time frame, would it be more advantageous to wait it out for a newer model or to end my lease with Infiniti and go with a 2014? I have read the 2015s are the same but have electrical upgrades? I ask this now due to the Lexus "golden opportunity" sale ends this month. Would the dealership perhaps pay a month of my Infiniti lease?
2015 IS are already out, people have been buying them. YOu can get some ridiculous deals on an outgoing 2014. 2015 F Sports main changes are addition of atomic silver color, cooled seats, and a new matte black interior trim that scratches less easily. Thats pretty much it. If you dont care about those, people have been getting 14 IS350 FSports loaded for low 40s OTD
Old 08-05-14, 07:33 AM
FinaLpeace
Driver

Originally Posted by 4TehNguyen
2015 IS are already out, people have been buying them. YOu can get some ridiculous deals on an outgoing 2014. 2015 F Sports main changes are addition of atomic silver color, cooled seats, and a new matte black interior trim that scratches less easily. Thats pretty much it. If you dont care about those, people have been getting 14 IS350 FSports loaded for low 40s OTD
I think the new trim is Piano Black which is the type of materials you will find in a black piano
I might be wrong but wasn't the Matte Black already standard on 2014 models?
Old 08-05-14, 07:39 AM
Kimchiguy
Pit Crew

Received 127 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by bhvrdr
To the OP; i'd see if a good deal can be had on the 14s. Also keep in mind lexus is also drive by wire (throttle). Steer by wire is an infiniti product that is only an option. It is not standard.

To people hating on infiniti, i'm shocked. I owned a 2012 G37S and can recall that the G37 was the only Japanese show in town that could compete with the 3 series. Lets not forget the horrible reviews due to the suspension on the 2GIS. The G37s have killer big brakes from the factory, a tight suspension, and very direct steering. They were a drivers car the way the 3GIS finally became after the luxury nature of the 2GIS.

Now with the Q50, i'd have to make sure not to order steer by wire. I also like the interior much better on the Q50. Just looking at the door panels alone you can see the high quality materials infiniti decided to use versus my plastic lexus door panel. Otherwise I am glad to have the exterior styling and the handling of the IS350. Between the two, I'd still have gone with the IS350. No regrets.

Mike
I have to agree with surprise at all the haterade people are drinking about Infiniti. I had a 2010 G37xS and although it didn't have the massive Akebono brakes (of the rear-drive S model), the car accelerated, handled and braked quite well and gave the competition a run for the money. This car had the soul of the 370Z, and had a very high quality interior to match. It's a shame some of that edge was muted with the Q50, but I still feel Infiniti is close to being a Tier 1 luxury maker.

Don't get me wrong, I still love my IS350 AWD F Sport. But I don't think I'd be miserable if I had chosen a Q50S AWD. This is a car segment where you can't really lose.
Old 08-05-14, 07:55 AM
FinaLpeace
Driver

I found this on the infiniti Q50 website.

Quote "Based on AMCI Testing Certified results, with the available Performance Wheel Package, 2014 Infiniti Q50S has better cornering performance, better evasive-action performance and better overall handling performance than the 2014 BMW 335i M Sport Sedan."

Really it handles better than the 335i M Sport?

I actually saw this on their commercial too and I think they mention beating the IS350 and 335i LOL

Honestly Lexus never misinform or dishonest with their commercials and advertisements, but Infiniti really disappoints me.
Old 08-05-14, 07:57 AM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,603 Likes on 1,021 Posts

Originally Posted by FinaLpeace
I think the new trim is Piano Black which is the type of materials you will find in a black piano
I might be wrong but wasn't the Matte Black already standard on 2014 models?
The new trim is a matte finish on the center console and climate control panel, unlike the glossy finish of the '14.
Attached Thumbnails Leaving Infiniti for Lexus & the IS350 F Sport... Few questions!-11.jpg  
Old 08-05-14, 07:58 AM
FinaLpeace
Driver

Originally Posted by JDR76
The new trim is a matte finish on the center console and climate control panel, unlike the glossy finish of the '14.
I was about to mention the center console, the matte finish looks way nicer.
Old 08-05-14, 07:59 AM
FinaLpeace
Driver

Originally Posted by FinaLpeace
I found this on the infiniti Q50 website.

Quote "Based on AMCI Testing Certified results, with the available Performance Wheel Package, 2014 Infiniti Q50S has better cornering performance, better evasive-action performance and better overall handling performance than the 2014 BMW 335i M Sport Sedan."

Really it handles better than the 335i M Sport?

I actually saw this on their commercial too and I think they mention beating the IS350 and 335i LOL

Honestly Lexus never misinform or dishonest with their commercials and advertisements, but Infiniti really disappoints me.
Ok so I quoted myself, just want people to see how Infiniti is stating their Q50 performs better than the 335i M Sport on their WEBSITE!
Old 08-05-14, 09:39 AM
TruLux7
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for the replies! I would like to keep the Infiniti hatred level down, since I do in fact LOVE my G37S... The reason for creating this thread was for the leasing question and due to the difference of the G37S, and completely new, Q50S...

I was told that Lexus provides leases on used cars? Has anyone done this before? Seeing that the 2015s are out, would I be able to lease a "used" 2014 model?
Old 08-05-14, 09:51 AM
CJW
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I was a big fan of my 2008 G35x Sport.

I didn't consider the Q50 for two reasons - one of them was that the steer by wire was supposed to feel horrible and it had some bugs. I suppose I could have driven it.

The touch screen was supposed to have issues. Long time to boot up with many crashes. When a lot of the settings are controlled with the screen and things get buggy or crash, that would get extremely annoying.

That said, I found my Infiniti to be better thought out overall.

I would only go with the 2015 model if they truly change some of the options, otherwise I don't see much point unless the price difference is small.

Quick Reply: Leaving Infiniti for Lexus & the IS350 F Sport... Few questions!