IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Tint cut short?

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-14, 12:04 PM
JGard18
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I guess. To me there are things in life that matter and things in life that don't. We all have our different perspectives on life, I suppose.
Old 07-31-14, 12:26 PM
tea
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by JGard18
I guess. To me there are things in life that matter and things in life that don't. We all have our different perspectives on life, I suppose.
I totally agree, but when you pay for a service, you'd expect it to be done right. There are way more important things to worry about than tint being cut short, but it's still an issue nonetheless.
Old 07-31-14, 12:30 PM
NikonGuy
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

How much did you pay?
Old 07-31-14, 12:49 PM
AMNss
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Mine is ok .

I heard that the 3IS is hard to tint and this could be a reason , but the diffeculty they have is due to the tight space under the door panel . However your tint is cut from the top which is unreasonable . Anyway if it is hard to be noticed just leave it ... no one will know !

I went to lumar's official workshop or dealer in my country and they did a good job .

Last edited by AMNss; 07-31-14 at 01:01 PM.
Old 07-31-14, 04:27 PM
specONE
Racer

Received 487 Likes on 246 Posts

Same thing happened to mines. rounded corners.
I think its when they trace precut before applying the tint that they rounded the corners off.
I noticed after it was okay to roll the windows down.
i decided not to complain because i got really taken care on price of for my tint job.

Like people have said, its only noticeable if last motion of window was going up. going down is not as noticeable.
Old 07-31-14, 04:40 PM
tea
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by specONE
Same thing happened to mines. rounded corners.
I think its when they trace precut before applying the tint that they rounded the corners off.
I noticed after it was okay to roll the windows down.
i decided not to complain because i got really taken care on price of for my tint job.

Like people have said, its only noticeable if last motion of window was going up. going down is not as noticeable.
Yup. Same here. I got them redone today. Have to wait a couple of days for it to dry before I can check. I think it'll be fine now. The owner is very cool and took care of it personally.
Old 08-01-14, 09:36 AM
DoomBuggy
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine are all cut a little short on both of my cars. One was tinted before I bought it (Miata), but the Lexus I had some local shop do it...both have a little gap at the top and I attribute it to the fact that they have to have the window closed when tinting (or else they'd not get the bottom) and the rubber sealing area gets in the way since the window slides all the way up into it.

so arguing about a little strip of untinted at top is being way too picky. You won't see it when the window is closed, and that's all that really matters.
How about when you have the windows cracked or halfway down? It would stand out. I dont ride around with my windows completely rolled down every time. This isnt being picky at all.
Old 08-01-14, 10:49 AM
waxy
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Your comments do not contribute to this discussion and has nothing to do with the OP.
We're talking about window tint not life.

Tea, You're right it's about service I had similar problems with my tint which had bubbles after a month.
Bubbles which had hair follicles in it, of course I had it redone because I have standards.
Plus I couldn't stand looking at it, partly because I'm OCD.
Old 08-11-14, 04:23 PM
tea
Lexus Test Driver

So I brought my car in to get this fixed. Owner had no problem replacing and making sure it comes out the way I wanted. The 3is has a shifting window and that's what causes some tint to look like this. Our windows go down straight but shifts when it comes up. The owner made sure to cut less tint off and made sure no more clear window was showing as it rolls up. Would highly recommend G5 tint shop in Pasadena CA