IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Multiple beeps when unlocking door handle IS350F

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-14, 06:25 PM
IS3F
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've had it happen again. Reported to the dealer but they couldn't replicate. At least I'm confident that the other doors unlock so I know the solution
Old 10-22-14, 05:55 AM
Boost786
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by IS3F
I've had it happen again. Reported to the dealer but they couldn't replicate. At least I'm confident that the other doors unlock so I know the solution
I have the same problem intermittently. I went to the dealer a few times and they could not replicate it either. So to deal with the problem on my last visit i have them program the unlock button on my remote to roll down my windows. This was in case if it does happen i just lock the car and roll down my windows and stick my hand in to fix the stuck lock on the drivers door. Not really a solution but better then climbing in from the passenger side to open the door
Old 10-22-14, 01:08 PM
kenmakara
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yep. This has happened to be several times, but I know as soon as I try to take it to the dealer I won't be able to replicate the problem. I will try Boost786's solution and get the dealer to program my remote to roll down windows.

This seems to be a real big issue. How do we get Toyota/Lexus to acknowledge this issue?
Old 12-01-14, 01:12 PM
lexus_ls
Rookie

Originally Posted by kenmakara
Yep. This has happened to be several times, but I know as soon as I try to take it to the dealer I won't be able to replicate the problem. I will try Boost786's solution and get the dealer to program my remote to roll down windows.

This seems to be a real big issue. How do we get Toyota/Lexus to acknowledge this issue?
any updates on this problem? I took my car to the dealer and they said they cannot duplicate there for no repair. It has happened many more times after and it is annoying.
Old 12-01-14, 02:05 PM
kinglexus99
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

This happened on my 2008 IS 350 when the door lock mechanisms started to fail. The car would try several times to lock/unlock the failing door (which is why you get the extra beeps/light flashes). Lexus ended up replacing all 4 door locking mechanisms (because they all eventually failed). Thank goodness for CPO. A 2014 should not have such problems yet but based on the symptoms that's what it sounds like.
Old 12-02-14, 04:48 PM
link13
Lead Lap

Received 45 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Mushi31
it happened to me but not because of my phone. I tried unlocking but keeps on beeping. I noticed all the other doors are unlock except for driver side. The issue with mine is the driver side lock was stuck in between unlock and lock from the inside, had to manually put it back to lock and unlock again to get it to work, it was a hot hot day. I never got the instrument issue, just the unlocking beeps.
This exact thing happened to me today. I had to climb in the passenger side and manually unlock the driver's door. It was rainy and about 58 degrees outside.
Old 12-14-14, 06:24 PM
sTeadFasT
Driver School Candidate

I am also seeing this problem and fear being unable to replicate it at the dealership. All passenger doors are able to unlock except the driver side door. The latch gets stuck inbetween locked and unlock. Also when attempting to unlock via the touch sensitive handle, I can also hear the gas door lid mechanism continuously trying to unlock itself.
Old 12-16-14, 10:32 AM
waxy
Pole Position

Originally Posted by lexus_ls
Nobdy else having this issue with their door locks?
I did, but it went away the next day.

I neglected to mention this to my dealer too.
It's currently in service right now so I'll pick her brain.
Old 12-28-14, 09:44 PM
link13
Lead Lap

This happened to me again today. I had to climb in the back seat to manually unlock the driver's door. I am calling the dealer tomorrow to report it.
Old 12-29-14, 09:10 AM
Avet
Rookie

Default Lexus Dealership will not help you. They don't know ****.

Its a software glitch.

You need to place your hand to a door handle and wait the beep sound (unlocking sound) than you need to open door.
If you are on a same second with unlocking sound accidentally pulled the door handle (with out waiting unlocking sound first) the car locking system will be glitched and you're chances to see that problem will be 50/50.

I guess our computer processor in 2014 IS models is too slow. Maybe that's why we not going to see all futures like a mobile remote access etc in a 2015 IS models

Best regards.
Avi.

Last edited by Avet; 12-29-14 at 09:32 AM.
Old 12-29-14, 02:27 PM
link13
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Avet
Its a software glitch.

You need to place your hand to a door handle and wait the beep sound (unlocking sound) than you need to open door.
If you are on a same second with unlocking sound accidentally pulled the door handle (with out waiting unlocking sound first) the car locking system will be glitched and you're chances to see that problem will be 50/50.

I guess our computer processor in 2014 IS models is too slow. Maybe that's why we not going to see all futures like a mobile remote access etc in a 2015 IS models

Best regards.
Avi.
That's not exactly what's happening with mine. First of all, it was in the garage and I didn't lock it, so it locked itself at some point. I touched the handle and it responded with four beeps and four flashes of lights. It unlocked all doors but the driver's door. Over and over, it did the same thing. Initially, it actually did not unlock any doors. It took a few tries to be able to get in the back seat and unlock the driver's door from inside.
Old 01-06-15, 11:41 AM
Kimchiguy
Pit Crew

Received 127 Likes on 62 Posts

Update to this for anyone who's still experiencing issues. I had the same power door lock/unlock issues as referenced above, but I suppose I was one of the lucky ones since it suddenly became a permanent issue. The driver's door wouldn't lock/unlock at all unless manually switched. Intermittent electrical issues are worse to handle since they can't be replicated.

I dropped off my vehicle today and they found a loose connection/connector in the door panel. They also had to rewire my horn since the connector was loose there too? At any rate, I attached the paperwork that the dealership provided. I hope this helps!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
invoice.pdf (344.0 KB, 690 views)
Old 01-08-15, 03:04 PM
waxy
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Kimchiguy
Update to this for anyone who's still experiencing issues. I had the same power door lock/unlock issues as referenced above, but I suppose I was one of the lucky ones since it suddenly became a permanent issue. The driver's door wouldn't lock/unlock at all unless manually switched. Intermittent electrical issues are worse to handle since they can't be replicated.

I dropped off my vehicle today and they found a loose connection/connector in the door panel. They also had to rewire my horn since the connector was loose there too? At any rate, I attached the paperwork that the dealership provided. I hope this helps!
Funny you mentioned this, because my dealership informed me that one of the cable or harnesses were loose in my vehicle. Then they said, "Hopefully it should fix it, but if the problem persists please schedule another appointment so we can replicate it."

So I was like wait... so you're just deleting all the diagnostics and just giving me my car back?

This was for the White LCD screen on my Vehicle, I'm sure the beeping sounds led to this issue some how.
Old 11-11-15, 04:18 PM
2015TwoFif
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Did anyone ever report this door lock/alarm on & off issue? I just bought a 2015 IS250 FSport and it is having this problem along with other door lock problems. I have reported to Lexus and have had no response.
Old 11-11-15, 09:42 PM
Akatsuki
Lead Lap

I did and my dealer replaced the lock actuator. I have a video of it in action.

door lock
https://*******/RiD6

AC Servo motor problem
https://*******/RiD6

Last edited by Akatsuki; 11-11-15 at 09:52 PM.

Quick Reply: Multiple beeps when unlocking door handle IS350F