IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Silver Lining Metallic vs. Atomic Silver??

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-14, 09:24 PM
wednesday
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by OrionLex
Those 2 pics are downright stunning (where'd you find those?)! Ok, I think you've made your point - now you're just rubbing it in. J/K, love the pics - please keep 'em coming!!

Edit: never mind, found 'em (google image search is pretty sweet!):
http://gearheads.co.za/new-models/le...0-launch-2013/
http://www.toyotazone.co.za/news-zon...-lexus-is-350/

Here's another thread with many more pics of Titanium Metal / Sonic Titanium / Atomic Silver (especially on pages 3, 4, 8, and 9):
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...-titanium.html
Glad I could be of assistance I've searched google, bing and yahoo image searches for atomic IS and sonic titanium is, those 2 shots are the nicest I've seen, I want a high res copy for my desktop wallpaper.

edit: I did find the wallpaper section of the website these are from, it has a few of the atomic IS and one of the atomic and silver lining is
http://www.toyotazone.co.za/category...papers/page/3/

Last edited by wednesday; 07-13-14 at 10:42 PM.
Old 07-14-14, 07:44 AM
skip000
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My brand new Atomic Silver IS

Here are some photos of my car in Atomic Silver, everyone who sees this car loves the color..it does look different under different light conditions
Attached Thumbnails Silver Lining Metallic vs. Atomic Silver??-facebook3.jpg   Silver Lining Metallic vs. Atomic Silver??-facebook5.jpg   Silver Lining Metallic vs. Atomic Silver??-facebook4.jpg   Silver Lining Metallic vs. Atomic Silver??-facebook2.jpg  
Old 07-14-14, 07:53 AM
wednesday
Lead Lap

Gorgeous car Skip000, thanks for sharing some pics! Can't wait to get mine
Old 07-14-14, 09:28 AM
wednesday
Lead Lap

Found some more new photos, listed here as turismo titanium.

Old 07-16-14, 09:25 AM
wednesday
Lead Lap

Orionlex, did you notify your dealer of your decision? Curious if you have any new info on whether you were able to submit your order and get the options you wanted.
Old 07-16-14, 06:17 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts

Wednesday, that last shot looks really good. I may have to reconsider Atomic Silver in my list of colors for the NX as it's not always "beige/gold" but also picks up on other darker tones based on its surroundings.

Skip000 - congrats on your new ride. I particularly like the first shot.
Old 07-16-14, 10:29 PM
Rebirthing
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

So I asked my sales guy whether I could custom order an Ultrasonic Blue, unfortunately he said I can't...
I'll probably go for the Atomic Silver too.

Gonna get the IS250 F-Sport with Nav, ML, and BSM.
Hopefully I can get it around 41-42k OTD!

I cannot decide whether to pick the black exterior or the red to go with Atomic Silver.... since there is no way for me to do a side by side comparison...

Wednesday, will you be custom ordering yours too?
Old 07-17-14, 07:06 AM
wednesday
Lead Lap

Wednesday, that last shot looks really good. I may have to reconsider Atomic Silver in my list of colors for the NX as it's not always "beige/gold" but also picks up on other darker tones based on its surroundings.
I have the power of persuasion

So I asked my sales guy whether I could custom order an Ultrasonic Blue, unfortunately he said I can't...
I'll probably go for the Atomic Silver too.

Gonna get the IS250 F-Sport with Nav, ML, and BSM.
Hopefully I can get it around 41-42k OTD!

I cannot decide whether to pick the black exterior or the red to go with Atomic Silver.... since there is no way for me to do a side by side comparison...

Wednesday, will you be custom ordering yours too?
If I could have custom ordered USB I would already have one can't understand why we don't get it.

I am not special ordering because I am getting a standard package IS250 F sport with nav and cross traffic, no ML. I am already going to have to extend my lease to wait on the 15's to arrive, I don't think I have enough time to wait on the special order plus if I did try to wait I most likely would have to put new tires on the one I have, right now I am under what they consider normal wear and tear.

I am getting the red interior, if you look on here someone posted some photos of theirs with the red and it looks great! I test drove an obsidian with rioja and I loved the red stitching on the steering wheel and shifter. The way I figure it, the base model you can get black interior so the red will make it stand out a little more, if that makes sense. Do a bing or google image search for Atomic lexus IS or Sonic Titanium lexus IS and you will find so many images to help you make a decision.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/8530729-post12.html

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/8396694-post28.html

Last edited by wednesday; 07-17-14 at 07:43 PM.
Old 07-17-14, 01:49 PM
johng99
Driver School Candidate

One thing to know about the Rioja Red seats, is that they're not the bright red that they look like in a lot of the photos online. They're actually a slightly darker red that looks really great. Especially against the Atomic Silver, I think.
Old 07-17-14, 07:06 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts

I can see the appeal on this color despite what appears to be a conservative "beige" - it's not. And even though pics don't give this color any justice, I went to a nearby Lexus dealer in the hope I'd see one in the flesh since it's been a while I haven't. Glad I did.The IS looked like it was carved from a solid chunk of titanium.

Wednesday, congrats on AS despite how difficult it is for you to let go of USB. Hopefully your wait goes quick.
Attached Thumbnails Silver Lining Metallic vs. Atomic Silver??-as_is.jpg   Silver Lining Metallic vs. Atomic Silver??-as_is1.jpg  
Old 07-17-14, 07:42 PM
wednesday
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
I can see the appeal on this color despite what appears to be a conservative "beige" - it's not. And even though pics don't give this color any justice, I went to a nearby Lexus dealer in the hope I'd see one in the flesh since it's been a while I haven't. Glad I did.The IS looked like it was carved from a solid chunk of titanium.

Wednesday, congrats on AS despite how difficult it is for you to let go of USB. Hopefully your wait goes quick.

So I take you were impressed, it is definitely a standout color Thanks, I will still be when I have to give up my USB but I am eager to get my new car. I hope it is within the next month. I have to make a 3 1/2 hour road trip home for my nephews 1st birthday (husband has to work) and I wish I had the new one to drive!
Old 07-17-14, 08:29 PM
Rebirthing
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by wednesday
I have the power of persuasion

If I could have custom ordered USB I would already have one can't understand why we don't get it.

I am not special ordering because I am getting a standard package IS250 F sport with nav and cross traffic, no ML. I am already going to have to extend my lease to wait on the 15's to arrive, I don't think I have enough time to wait on the special order plus if I did try to wait I most likely would have to put new tires on the one I have, right now I am under what they consider normal wear and tear.

I am getting the red interior, if you look on here someone posted some photos of theirs with the red and it looks great! I test drove an obsidian with rioja and I loved the red stitching on the steering wheel and shifter. The way I figure it, the base model you can get black interior so the red will make it stand out a little more, if that makes sense. Do a bing or google image search for Atomic lexus IS or Sonic Titanium lexus IS and you will find so many images to help you make a decision.
Awesome! Hopefully we'll be some of the first ones to get the AS IS F-Sport
Congrats ahead of time!

I'll probably be financing mine... they said it'll probably take 90 days to arrive in the US.
Old 07-17-14, 08:41 PM
wednesday
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Rebirthing
Awesome! Hopefully we'll be some of the first ones to get the AS IS F-Sport
Congrats ahead of time!

I'll probably be financing mine... they said it'll probably take 90 days to arrive in the US.
Thanks! So have they placed your order? I wish I knew when mine was going to arrive
Old 07-18-14, 02:50 AM
OrionLex
Driver

Originally Posted by wednesday
Orionlex, did you notify your dealer of your decision? Curious if you have any new info on whether you were able to submit your order and get the options you wanted.
Hey, so I finalized my build order and emailed it to my salesperson over the weekend! I received an email early Monday morning letting me know that it'd been received and would be submitted later that day...

Yesterday, I received a voicemail from my salesperson who said that my order was placed, and that only parking assist was rejected, but pretty much everything else was accepted - I tried calling back to verify every single package/option, but he'd already left for the day (and was off today), so I'll have to call back tomorrow. In the message, he only explicitly mentioned Atomic Silver/Rioja Red, F-Sport package, Mark Levinson w/ navigation, and radar cruise/pre-collision system being successful, but did not mention anything about blind spot monitor, lane departure alert, or rear power sunshade, so I'll have to double check on those still.

One troubling thing though, for some reason he took it upon himself to add a performance exhaust to my order, which I had not asked for! I checked it out on their website, and it's a $1470(!) option, which as far as I understand mainly makes the engine sound louder ("throaty growl" they call it), but doesn't really improve torque or performance all that much (despite what they claim) - does anybody actually have any experience with this?? <edit: started another thread for this particular question - please reply in there!>

Finally, I've been hearing of others who *didn't* have to pay full MSRP for their custom builds (which is what this salesperson previously told me is their policy), so I'm wondering if I should call several other dealers in my area and see if I can get a better deal?

Anyway, that's all I know for now - I'll let you know once I hear anything else...

Last edited by OrionLex; 07-18-14 at 03:08 AM.
Old 07-18-14, 03:10 AM
OrionLex
Driver

Originally Posted by skip000
Here are some photos of my car in Atomic Silver, everyone who sees this car loves the color..it does look different under different light conditions
Nice, skip000 - nice...

Thanks for posting your pics! The color changing aspect of Atomic Silver continues to confuse me, but I went ahead and ordered that color anyway - can't wait to get it!!

Quick Reply: Silver Lining Metallic vs. Atomic Silver??