IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Interior care for fsport ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-14, 03:38 AM
janterry15
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Interior care for fsport ?

What's something to clean and protect the nulux(or whatever u call it)
Something harmless and safe.
I have the red interior.

What do u guys use
Old 07-09-14, 06:17 AM
Cougar24
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't make the mistake that alot of people are making. I've seen that alot of people are using the Lexus brand of Leather care with the conditioner. The thing is, our seats aren't leather - they're Nuluxe (Not leather) Over time, the Nuluxe will react badly to the chemicals that are left behind from the Leather cleaner.

I've been using Mothers Leather Cleaner - It is designed for Leather, but it doesn't have the harsh chemicals that will cause your seats to react badly. Instead of putting a protective coating on the seat, it actually works to remove a stain. I'm still debating on whether or not putting the conditioner on there or not. The ingredients of the condition don't look as harsh as other conditioners, I just don't know enough about the Nuluxe to know which ingredients are truly harmful.
Old 07-09-14, 06:31 AM
FSportDRM
Pole Position

I just use Meguiars quick interior cleaner, it's safe for leather, plastic and vinyl. I'm not sure what can be used as a conditioner.
Old 07-09-14, 06:39 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

i use the chemical guys innerclean cleaner, smells like pineapple. Since nuluxe is synthetic theres no need for conditioners. What is there to condition?
Old 07-09-14, 06:47 AM
davyjordi
Pole Position

Received 173 Likes on 126 Posts

nuluxe owners can probably use something like 303 aerospace protectant or ultima (coated/treated) leather protector which also protects vinyl, rubber, plastic, etc.
Old 07-09-14, 07:16 AM
JGard18
Pole Position

I use what the owner's manual suggests, damp cloth.

I have once used Aerospace 303 on the dash, but I'm trying to keep my use of chemicals low for this car, as I feel like the more you use them, the more you then NEED to use them to keep things looking good. The simple method of vacuuming then wiping with a warm damp cloth has done a great job thus far and I've owned the car almost a year now.
Old 07-09-14, 08:00 AM
MILKEE
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JGard18

I have once used Aerospace 303 on the dash, but I'm trying to keep my use of chemicals low for this car, as I feel like the more you use them, the more you then NEED to use them to keep things looking good. The simple method of vacuuming then wiping with a warm damp cloth has done a great job thus far and I've owned the car almost a year now.
I agree with using water only on the interior. If you perform regular cleaning, as most of us do, a wet cotton cloth is probably all you need to use.

Also agree on the use of chemicals, especially on the outside. The more you use, the more you need to use to keep your car fresh.
Old 07-09-14, 08:18 AM
drbazing
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by JGard18
I use what the owner's manual suggests, damp cloth.
DING DING DING! There's the answer I was looking for.
Old 07-09-14, 08:27 AM
davyjordi
Pole Position

Received 173 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by drbazing
DING DING DING! There's the answer I was looking for.
on solar (uv, if) protection alone, i think it depends on where one is located. clearly the care and level of protection needed is going to differ if one is located in phoenix, arizona as opposed to vancouver, british columbia as arbitrary examples.

that, coupled with how much time the car spends outdoors under direct sunlight will carry significant differences in the protection needed.
Old 07-09-14, 09:54 AM
drbazing
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by davyjordi
on solar (uv, if) protection alone, i think it depends on where one is located. clearly the care and level of protection needed is going to differ if one is located in phoenix, arizona as opposed to vancouver, british columbia as arbitrary examples.

that, coupled with how much time the car spends outdoors under direct sunlight will carry significant differences in the protection needed.
I see your point and there are probably products out there that could do the job, I'm just not knowledgeable to know which ones, specifically. With that said, I park my car under the sun at all times, it would just be my personal choice to clean my interior with no chemicals and try my best to protect my interior from direct sunlight. I use deflectors and such other things so no sun rays goes inside the car.
Old 07-09-14, 10:38 AM
Lost808
Pole Position

Damp microfiber cloth for the seats and either 303 Aerospace or 1Z einszett Cockpit Cleaner for the rest. For all of the rubber seals around the windows/doors, I use 100% silicone.
Old 07-09-14, 11:42 AM
JB5674
Advanced

Received 50 Likes on 32 Posts

303 has been recommended by detailers from Autogeek. I use either that or Wolfgang interior cleaner. Safe for viNal and doesnt leave a shine
Old 07-09-14, 06:07 PM
eyeball
Lead Lap

Water!!!!!
Old 07-09-14, 06:17 PM
Dark9t316
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Warm water. Never really understood why people would use chemicals on surfaces that will be in direct contact with your skin, not to mention the fumes. You are putting you and your family at risk.
Old 07-09-14, 06:33 PM
Larry96815
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Dark9t316
Warm water. Never really understood why people would use chemicals on surfaces that will be in direct contact with your skin, not to mention the fumes. You are putting you and your family at risk.
Yes but will plain water get rid of the cigarette smoke? Just kidding!

Aloha,
Larry

Quick Reply: Interior care for fsport ?