IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Just ordered a 2015 IS 350 AWD - help!!

Old 07-14-14, 10:26 AM
SlangBlade
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Larry96815
I have a friend and his daily driver is a spotless black NSX. His vanity plate is "NO WIFE".
Ha! Sounds about right. I'd bet the maintenance is less as well.
Old 07-15-14, 03:43 PM
Indie
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So basically.... Still no USB looks like not im not trading my 14 fsport for a 15
Old 07-15-14, 04:22 PM
webcobra
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by wednesday
Isn't there a virtually clear tint that is good at blocking sun and heat, it is what I was considering for the car I have now(I don't like dark tint) but just never got around to it I think it was ceramic and might have been llumar but I can't really remember.
Llumar CTX or Llumar Air blue 80
Old 07-24-14, 08:31 AM
OrionLex
Driver

Quick update - my order is now complete. I dropped by the Lexus dealership earlier this week and had them show me my actual car order in their computer system (and had them print up a copy for me)! So my final build looks like this:

Series: IS
Year: 2015
Model: 9516 (this means IS350 AWD; an IS250 AWD is 9506, and the RWD's are 9502 and 9510)
Exterior: 01J7 - Atomic Silver
Interior: 30 (Rioja Red)

Factory Accessories:
FJ - F SPORT Package
VN - Navigation System / Mark Levinson Premium Audio
BD - Blind Spot Monitor w/ Rear Cross Traffic Alert
PS - Dynamic Radar Cruise Control with Pre-Collision
HM - Power Rear Sunshade

Post Production Options:
D5 - Door Edge Guards
LR - Rear Lip Spoiler
Z2 - Trunk Mat, Cargo Net, Whl Locks, Rear Bumper App
2Q - All Weather Floor Mats

...the only other thing I'm possibly considering adding on (apparently all PPO options can be added quite late in the process) are the illuminated door sills - does anybody have any thoughts on these? <edit: started a new thread for this question here - https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...oor-sills.html >

I was also shown their retail ordering guide, which lists the requirements or conflicts with any options that are ordered, so I was able to confirm that "parking assist" lists FJ (F Sport Package) as a conflict for the U.S. market still. Lane departure alert and automatic high beam are again only available as part of the luxury & TECHNOLOGY package. All weather package no longer exists. Heated steering wheel is thus a standalone option that can be added to AWD vehicles without F-Sport (since the 2015 F-Sport package already includes a different heated steering wheel). The "rear lip spoiler" is a new option for 2015 - I thought it looked really nice so I decided to add it (in Atomic Silver, of course)...
Attached Thumbnails Just ordered a 2015 IS 350 AWD - help!!-image009.png   Just ordered a 2015 IS 350 AWD - help!!-image010.png  

Last edited by OrionLex; 07-24-14 at 09:38 AM.
Old 07-24-14, 08:48 AM
wednesday
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Glad to see it in writing! Did they give you an estimate on when it will be built and delivered? I also wonder if they will be shipping any non-special orders with pre-installed rear lip spoilers, I wouldn't mind having one.
Old 08-01-14, 07:59 AM
OrionLex
Driver

Glad to see it in writing! Did they give you an estimate on when it will be built and delivered? I also wonder if they will be shipping any non-special orders with pre-installed rear lip spoilers, I wouldn't mind having one.
Unfortunately they only quote a generic "about 90 days, sometimes sooner, sometimes later" - so I really have no idea!

I doubt any non-special orders will come with the rear lip spoiler option installed, but I guess I could be wrong.

The only thing I'm contemplating adding to my build now are the illuminated door sills - I still have time to make this decision since it's a PPO (post production option), which is added later on at the port, as opposed to the Factory Accessories (F Sport, ML, BSM w/ RCTA, RCS w/ pre-collision, power rear sunshade) which have to be decided when your order is placed...
Old 08-01-14, 08:05 AM
wednesday
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by OrionLex
Unfortunately they only quote a generic "about 90 days, sometimes sooner, sometimes later" - so I really have no idea!

I doubt any non-special orders will come with the rear lip spoiler option installed, but I guess I could be wrong.

The only thing I'm contemplating adding to my build now are the illuminated door sills - I still have time to make this decision since it's a PPO (post production option), which is added later on at the port, as opposed to the Factory Accessories (F Sport, ML, BSM w/ RCTA, RCS w/ pre-collision, power rear sunshade) which have to be decided when your order is placed...
The spoiler is also a post production option, if you choose a car in allocation they can flag it to be added at the port. I had added it but my husband didn't like it so I took it off
Old 08-05-14, 10:34 AM
OrionLex
Driver

The spoiler is also a post production option, if you choose a car in allocation they can flag it to be added at the port. I had added it but my husband didn't like it so I took it off
That's too bad - all the cool kids are totally getting this new spoiler!

J/K!! I know it's all a matter of taste (I happen to really like it!), so if you don't like it then definitely don't get it - after all, you're the one who has to look at your car everyday (although it'll help set your car apart from all the 2014 models out there - I know you care about that a lot, especially with your USB color now!)...
Old 08-05-14, 11:03 AM
wednesday
Lead Lap

That's too bad - all the cool kids are totally getting this new spoiler!

J/K!! I know it's all a matter of taste (I happen to really like it!), so if you don't like it then definitely don't get it - after all, you're the one who has to look at your car everyday (although it'll help set your car apart from all the 2014 models out there - I know you care about that a lot, especially with your USB color now!)...
I know, I kinda wanted it but oh well Had I been able to find some good real world photos of it I would have just said too bad, I'm getting it! At least the the 3IS has a nice butt even without it.
Old 08-05-14, 11:54 AM
dasbuch
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I know, I kinda wanted it but oh well Had I been able to find some good real world photos of it I would have just said too bad, I'm getting it! At least the the 3IS has a nice butt even without it.
I think you did well to avoid it. As you said, the 3IS already has a near perfect butt. The 2IS butt was a little too flat without a spoiler, but the integrated factory spoiler is perfect on the new model.

Adding a bolt-on attachment just ghettos it up IMO. Reminds me of a show I saw once where a girl who already had a near-perfect butt decided to get some sort of butt implant, and looked retarded afterward. Grass=greener, more=better syndrome.
Old 08-05-14, 12:12 PM
wednesday
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by dasbuch
I think you did well to avoid it. As you said, the 3IS already has a near perfect butt. The 2IS butt was a little too flat without a spoiler, but the integrated factory spoiler is perfect on the new model.

Adding a bolt-on attachment just ghettos it up IMO. Reminds me of a show I saw once where a girl who already had a near-perfect butt decided to get some sort of butt implant, and looked retarded afterward. Grass=greener, more=better syndrome.
Yeah the 2IS just didn't look right without the rear lip, the 3IS has a much nicer rear end. I think I'll take the $380 I'm not paying for the spoiler and get Opticoat
Old 08-05-14, 12:55 PM
theoryguy3
Intermediate

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Is your pricing at invoice or at MSRP? When I explored a custom order the dealer told me I had to pay MSRP
Old 08-05-14, 09:57 PM
OrionLex
Driver

Originally Posted by theoryguy3
Is your pricing at invoice or at MSRP? When I explored a custom order the dealer told me I had to pay MSRP
On my first visit to the dealer, they also told me it was their store policy to charge MSRP for custom builds. However, this did not sound right to me so I began to do some more research - I called 3 other dealers in the area who all said that they didn't have such a policy and that they'd be willing to work with me on pricing. Upon further discussion with my original dealer, they've agreed not to charge me MSRP, and instead we are going back and forth right now about how much to pay over invoice (I don't think they know exact invoice or MSRP pricing yet, but articles I've read have mentioned ~$450 more than last year's models).

So basically, I'd recommend calling multiple dealers in your area and let them know you're shopping around to see what they can do for you to earn your sale - the whole line about having to pay MSRP is a load of crap, and I'm glad I called them out on it. Good luck!
Old 08-05-14, 10:15 PM
OrionLex
Driver

Originally Posted by dasbuch

Meh, the 3IS behind still looks kinda "plain" and "naked" to me. Here's what I wrote from another post (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/8657130-post29.html):

"It's obviously a matter of opinion, but I rather like this particular spoiler option - I don't mind the "bolt-on" look actually, 'cuz I think it frames the rear of the car nicely, along with the bumper at the bottom. From a side view of the car, I also think it helps even out the look by protruding the top of the trunk out/back a little bit, since the rear bumper already juts out more than the rest of the car. And because of the curve carved out of the middle for the Lexus emblem, it's obvious this spoiler is made specifically for this car, and is not just some random spoiler add-on. Besides, in opting for this car, and especially the F-Sport model, I'm already choosing a less "clean" or "smooth" look, and instead going for more "aggressive" and "sporty" (look at the front of the car - it's full of angles and jagged edges!) - this spoiler simply continues along that theme for me... "

...I understand that it's not for everyone, 'cuz we all have different tastes, but several others have expressed their approval of this spoiler as well! Ideally, it'd be sweet if there were several different spoilers for us to choose from, so that we can all pick the ones that best suit our individual styles...
Old 08-06-14, 06:43 AM
dasbuch
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

...I understand that it's not for everyone, 'cuz we all have different tastes, but several others have expressed their approval of this spoiler as well! Ideally, it'd be sweet if there were several different spoilers for us to choose from, so that we can all pick the ones that best suit our individual styles...
Well there sort of is, you can opt for the standard integrated spoiler or the add-on. If there's not already, I'm sure there will be an aftermarket selection of hugely tacky, "look at me! I'm Supa-Ghetto" options for those who want to maximize how much attention they get on the road (at the expense of ridicule from those with actual taste of course)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Just ordered a 2015 IS 350 AWD - help!!