IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Lexus Enform Remote--for 2015 3IS only?

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-14, 10:36 PM
Hermes
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What a pain in the ***. I expected better from Lexus.
Old 08-24-14, 02:13 PM
dairon
Driver School Candidate

I tried an no luck :/
Old 08-25-14, 06:14 PM
y2kfrost
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sdotk

according to lexus.com/mobilelink the 2014 IS models are compatible with RES+
Has anyone actually tried to download the app and register online to set it up?
I have tried to input my vin# in the RES+ app and it comes up with a message stating that the vehicle vin is not compatible. Don't know what to say, and not really worried about it.

What if you lose your phone and it gets hacked? The new guy/gal has access to your car?
Old 08-25-14, 10:18 PM
14blk250a
Driver School Candidate

IF OFFICIAL! I downloaded the Enfirm Remote App on my iPhone and it IS NOT available on the 2014 IS. The Enform Remote will ONLY be available on the 2015's. The SafetyConnect is available on the 2015's also so the fact that our cars have it is not a valid excuse. I'm pretty irritated/upset with Lexus. The RES+ is not available and now the Snform Remote is not available? I think Lexus needs to get it together and offer a software update.
Old 08-25-14, 10:30 PM
14blk250a
Driver School Candidate

So I decided to write a letter to Lexus. I suggest those of you who want this option to hopefully become available on the 2914's to do the same, maybe there's a chance?!

COPY OF E-MAIL:

Hello,

Me and a lot of 2014 IS 250/350 drivers are curious about one thing: Enform Remote. We were told that RES+ & Enform Remote are NOT available on the 2014 IS. Why is this??? Why can't Lexus offer a software update to allow the 2014's to at least have the Enform Remote? If I'm correct, we have the technology for it (those of us with Nav). Not only would Lexus make all their drivers happy, they would make more money with annual fees. Me and the other drivers are somewhat dissapointed that a luxury vehicle wouldn't have this as an option and we honestly believed that the Enform Remote would become available on our model year once the app was released. Can you shed some light on this topic? Is there even talk of the Enform Remote becoming available on the 2014's?
Old 08-26-14, 12:05 PM
Jagstyles
Rookie

I too am curious, anyone know if this will work in Canada for the 2015 model year? I have a 2015 on order right now which should arrive end of September.

Thanks

Originally Posted by dortok
I'm wondering if the Enform Remote app will work in Canada. Anyone knows?
Old 08-26-14, 08:04 PM
dairon
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 14blk250a
So I decided to write a letter to Lexus. I suggest those of you who want this option to hopefully become available on the 2914's to do the same, maybe there's a chance?!

COPY OF E-MAIL:

Hello,

Me and a lot of 2014 IS 250/350 drivers are curious about one thing: Enform Remote. We were told that RES+ & Enform Remote are NOT available on the 2014 IS. Why is this??? Why can't Lexus offer a software update to allow the 2014's to at least have the Enform Remote? If I'm correct, we have the technology for it (those of us with Nav). Not only would Lexus make all their drivers happy, they would make more money with annual fees. Me and the other drivers are somewhat dissapointed that a luxury vehicle wouldn't have this as an option and we honestly believed that the Enform Remote would become available on our model year once the app was released. Can you shed some light on this topic? Is there even talk of the Enform Remote becoming available on the 2014's?
We should all send this to lexus customers service
Old 09-08-14, 01:35 PM
HeMan26
Rookie

I sent an e-mail about this issue in June. Lexus just respond back by tell me that there is no compatible RES or a retro fit available. Also, they do not plan on making one in the future. When I was purchasing the car, the lexus website had the RES as an add on accessory. I think this is falsely represented to buyers. Not sure what we 2014 3IS owners can do at this point. This is the only and last time I'm buying a first year model. Totally disappointed in Lexus.

Aftermarket solution is also not available.
Old 09-17-14, 06:50 AM
ajbboi
Driver School Candidate

Default emailed customer service

I sent the following message today.

Hello,

I called my dealer recently to find out about installing remote start for my 2014 is250 awd w/nav.. They informed me that remote start and/or res+ is not available for that vehicle.

With some research I found out that the 2015 model year will be available with the enform remote app, I would like to know if there will be a software update to the 2014 to allow compatibility with the remote app. I live in a very cold climate, and hoped to have the ability to do remote start in the winter. I am very disappointed that there is no option for a remote start on this vehicle. Can you advise a solution, or pass this email on to client relations?

It is also very disappointing to know that a Chevy cruze has the ability to have a remote app, but my 44k lexus can not. I hope you see my frustration as my way of expressing my high expectations for the lexus brand. As a company that has founded it itself on the idea of exceptional customer experience/relations I hope there is a solution to this dilemma that many other IS250/350 owners and myself are experiencing.

Thank you,
Old 09-19-14, 04:25 PM
Tolip
Driver School Candidate

For what it's worth, I've been trying for weeks to get it to work on my 2015, and have had no luck.
Old 09-19-14, 10:42 PM
dlwlsgks85
Rookie

mine kept saying unable to process. please try again later....
Old 09-22-14, 03:57 AM
dairon
Driver School Candidate

I think that we should all send a letter to lexus customer service as well. In my opinion one of the reasons why i went for the lexus again was because i expected a lot from them, but making a car without thinking ahead, to me, is unbelievable, in fact if they do not fix this, i will definitely consider changing brand once my lease is over, i know i might be taking it to the heart, but it really sucks that we cant even remote start from our key, when many many Chevy can do it, I honestly expected more from a 49k dollars car than a nice design and a navigation screen. Lets be honest we didn't even get a new engine, we still have the one from 2004 which makes it 10 yrs already.
Old 09-23-14, 09:26 PM
karras13
Driver School Candidate

My salesperson told me that I didn't have that option on my new 2015 IS 250, but yesterday I got it to work and it's awesome. I also get an alert if I leave the car unlocked or if someone opens the door.

Old 09-24-14, 03:04 PM
dlwlsgks85
Rookie

Mine works now but kinda slow tho...
Old 09-24-14, 04:17 PM
drbazing
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Subscription of $65 a month just for that?

Quick Reply: Lexus Enform Remote--for 2015 3IS only?