IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Any color remorse?

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-14, 08:52 PM
dstopsie
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Last year I bought is250 fsport black with red couldn't stand cleaning and detailing it anymore so I traded it for ultra white with red IS 350 F sport

So glad I do not have to spend hours every weekend cleaning the car anymore!!!
Old 07-06-14, 08:55 PM
Eclypse84
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I seem to be the minority here looking at all of the posts...

I ordered an Ultra White / Light Gray 350 F-Sport AWD - I absolutely love it. I really like the contrast between the dashboard/trim and seats. I have yet to see another person mention this color combination.

Got it in January, about to take it in for the 5k mile service.
Old 07-06-14, 08:59 PM
davyjordi
Pole Position

Received 173 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by jeff5755
I think it's funny that you're downing nuluxe--it's actually softer and more durable than real leather. . .
it's a preference. you have yours and i have mine. i don't see any humour in the sharing of preferences.

it may be more durable, although i found it to not be softer than the treated leather lexus uses nor did i find it convincing enough for me to forgo leather. it seems lexus has followed the germans in offering pleather as the standard seating surface covering.

all is well, though, with the luxury package added!
Old 07-06-14, 10:57 PM
tkr128
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

After not getting the color combination I wanted on my last car, I was adamant about getting the combo I wanted on my IS. Luckily the combination I wanted (Nebula Gray/Black Interior) is pretty common, so I didn't have too much of an issue finding it.
Old 07-06-14, 11:39 PM
scarboy693
Rookie

No regrets here either. I was debating between Ultra white and Nebula Gray when I started researching the car. Saw the nebula in person and fell in love instantly. Also I prefer having the black interior. the red is nice just a bit loud for my taste personally speaking
Old 07-07-14, 04:52 AM
Imallvol7
Driver School Candidate

Default kinda

I got my Is350 in atomic silver with grey nuluxe but I really think the ultra white looks so sharp! However, apparently everyone else here thinks it does too so I guess I'm OK with being different ha
Old 07-07-14, 05:02 AM
dstopsie
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Imallvol7
I got my Is350 in atomic silver with grey nuluxe but I really think the ultra white looks so sharp! However, apparently everyone else here thinks it does too so I guess I'm OK with being different ha
I thought that nulexe is only offered on the F sport models and that it is not offered for 2014 for the F sport. ??
Old 07-07-14, 05:33 AM
davyjordi
Pole Position

Received 173 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by dstopsie
I thought that nulexe is only offered on the F sport models and that it is not offered for 2014 for the F sport. ??
nuluxe is offered on all isx50 models and exclusively on all f-sport models. leather is only available via the luxury package which is only available on non-f-sport models.
Old 07-07-14, 06:35 PM
Belex1
Driver School Candidate

Wanted an IS 350 non-F Sport they only had one on the lot which is what I wanted. SFP with black interior. It's like driving a Tux, it looks sharp!
Old 08-23-14, 09:50 PM
AndreaL
Driver School Candidate

Belex1, what does SFP look like in person? ThAts the one I want but they didn't have it in the dealer for me to see in person. Is it a true white or more off-white?
Old 08-23-14, 10:41 PM
Belex1
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by AndreaL
Belex1, what does SFP look like in person? ThAts the one I want but they didn't have it in the dealer for me to see in person. Is it a true white or more off-white?
Hi AndreaL, SFP is more of an off white but when the sun hits it, it sparkles with metallic flake and a pearl coat glisten. You truly need to see it especially in the sun light. It's really an amazing color.
Old 08-24-14, 04:39 AM
magne
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Bought a silver f-sport with black interior.
Decided on silver mostley because it is easy to maintain.

Have owned several different blue cars before, and everytime I see an ultrasonic blue on pictures, I regret not choosing the USB instead. We have it avalible were I live.
Old 08-24-14, 04:48 AM
CtSFox
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I am very happy with my Nebula Grey/Rioja Red combo I chose. Its sporty, but subdued.

Yet, I would have even been more happy with Atomic Silver/Rioja Red now available in USA for 2015!
Old 08-24-14, 05:42 AM
Trish67
Driver School Candidate

I love this car in white but that was the color of my last Lexus so i wanted something different. I looked at every color at the dealer and fell in love with the Atomic Silver. It has black leather interior and it's gorgeous!!
Old 08-24-14, 11:30 AM
Obscene14
Driver

Loved the look of SLM under the showroom floor lights. Once I drove it home I started to think that the silver looked a little washed out under normal day light. I've grown to love the SLM again though. It's been two weeks since I washed it and it isn't showing any dirt. On the other hand my Obsidian looked dirty after one drive. I went out to wash my SLM this morning out of habit, took one look at how clean it still looked, tuned around and went back to sleep . Love the SLM.

Quick Reply: Any color remorse?