IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Any color remorse?

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-14, 08:01 PM
Spagolli94
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I'm going with Nebula and Rioja. I almost went for Ultra White and Rioja, but just couldn't do it. As much as I like how that color combo looks as a third-party, I just don't see myself in a white car. I know white cars are cool now. But for some reason they still have a stigma in my head of old people driving to the golf course in Florida. I know that stereotype is NOT accurate anymore, but I just can't see myself in a white car. Maybe someday I'll get over myself. The UW RR is really a sharp combo! I hope I don't regret my decision.
Old 10-01-14, 03:01 AM
CtSFox
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Spagolli94
I'm going with Nebula and Rioja. I almost went for Ultra White and Rioja, but just couldn't do it. As much as I like how that color combo looks as a third-party, I just don't see myself in a white car. I know white cars are cool now. But for some reason they still have a stigma in my head of old people driving to the golf course in Florida. I know that stereotype is NOT accurate anymore, but I just can't see myself in a white car. Maybe someday I'll get over myself. The UW RR is really a sharp combo! I hope I don't regret my decision.
Interesting, my perception is that the UW RR is more for a younger person. I am a little older than most on this forum. I chose NG RR because while a sporty combo, it was subdued.
Old 10-01-14, 03:53 AM
Loe
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

RX350's & ES350's beige on beige is the Toyota Camry of Sarasota, FL

I was going back and forth between UW and Nebula myself, but for some reason, I like Nebula more on the non F-sport version, maybe it's because the metallic flake of the non F-sport 18" wheels contrasts against the color of the car, same reason why I like ultra white on the F-sport because the wheels are a big contrast against the car color. Either way, both are great colors.
Old 10-01-14, 04:51 AM
link13
Lead Lap

Received 45 Likes on 39 Posts

I was on a blue car thing before I got the UW with Rioja Red IS. I never thought I would be a white car guy. I do love it, though. It really pops.

I am 43.
Old 10-01-14, 05:25 AM
SexyElaine
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Like many others here I got UW / RR and have no regrets whatsoever

Anyone hoping in and getting a ride from me has always been in awe with the looks. I'm happy to say that even after owning it for more than a year now I still feel that same " awe " when I get in !!
Old 10-01-14, 05:34 AM
Spagolli94
Pole Position

Originally Posted by CtSFox
Interesting, my perception is that the UW RR is more for a younger person. I am a little older than most on this forum. I chose NG RR because while a sporty combo, it was subdued.
You are right in that now, I'd say the UW RR is very bold and young people are now buying lots of sports cars/sedans in white. The perception where white is for old people is long gone - but still stuck in my head for some weird reason.

I'm choosing NG RR for the same reason you did - it's more subdued. I guess I tend to be a conservative dresser which is why I struggled to see myself in UW RR. It's very sharp, but almost a bit to loud for me. I do love the contrast between the white and darker wheels.

It's almost like when you see a pair of shoes on a friend that look really cool. Then you try a similar pair of shoes for yourself and look in the mirror and they just don't feel right on you. Hard to put my finger on it, but I think that's why I'm opting for the more conservative color combo.
Old 10-01-14, 10:14 AM
ISTORO
Driver

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

First choice would have been AS/RR but was not available on a MY14 F-Sport. Lease was up for my 2IS SP/BK so browsed the dealer inventory and settled on a MRM/FXN non-F-Sport. Bit bummed that the Atomic Silver/RR is now available on MY15 but happy with the Matador/Flaxen combo considering it is uncommon and a one year build. 24 month lease so no worries.

Last edited by ISTORO; 10-01-14 at 06:28 PM. Reason: sp
Old 10-01-14, 11:01 AM
FPerform
Driver

Should of gotten white...should of gotten white...Don't mind obsidian, but white is definitely more stylish.

On a side note, I always felt only two of the 6 German/Japanese luxury companies could pull off white, Lexus and Audi.
Old 10-01-14, 01:55 PM
Spagolli94
Pole Position

White Audis look great, that's for sure. I picked up my NG RR today. So far, no regrets. Although flat in pictures, it's stunning in person.
Old 10-01-14, 02:01 PM
2015isboy
Driver

Had the option of white or obsidian I'm happy with obsidian.
Old 10-01-14, 02:22 PM
bruteshot2
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm very happy with obsidian. It's a pain to keep clean but well worth it. Nothing like a freshly washed black car!
Old 10-01-14, 04:08 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by ISTORO
First choice would have been AS/RR but was not available on a MY14 F-Sport. Lease was up for MY12 SP/BK so browsed the dealer inventory and settled on a MRM/FXN non-F-Sport. Bit bummed that the Atomic Silver/RR is now available on MY15 but happy with the Matador/Flaxen combo considering it is uncommon and a one year build. 24 month lease so no worries.
This color is so underrated which is a mystery to me. Not in my book having owned a CT and 2IS in MRM.

Looks stunning in this shot.
Old 10-01-14, 05:27 PM
tea
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

my last three cars were white, and was set on getting a white IS, but after seeing it in person, the white looks very boring to me. I really wanted the Ultrasonic Blue, but not available, so Nebula Grey it is
Old 10-01-14, 06:00 PM
doodlebug
Instructor

Received 80 Likes on 71 Posts

I went Nebula with light gray. This color looks clean when it's not. I love the contrast of light and dark and am pretty sure the color combo is pretty rare. Hell, 3IS's are pretty rare around here.
Old 10-02-14, 06:00 AM
wednesday
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I really wanted USB again. None of the 2014 F Sport colors quite did it for me so I waited for the 2015's hoping for USB to make a return...it didn't but getting Atomic Silver on the F Sport was a good alternative. Am I as in love with AS as USB? Not yet but it is a very striking color and is always changing depending on the light and the rioja interior looks great as well, so I am very happy with my choice.

Quick Reply: Any color remorse?