onthelimit
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

no regrets...loving it
Old 07-04-14, 08:20 PM
Belex1
Driver School Candidate

I absolutely love this car. No regrets. I love just driving to work and back every day.
Old 07-05-14, 09:10 AM
Glashub
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Well, no, I don't because truly something better is coming every 6 months. Then I'd have to wait my whole life. These manufacturers know they can't build in obsolescence so they withhold features and upgrades and we kneel before them like thirsty people begging for water and waste hard earned money to keep up. Every penny I spend represent time I invested to earn that penny. I don't want to be on my death bed and my last thought is -- damn Lexus is going to upgrade the engine -- I should've waited. Gaaaa!

So I find a product that has a set of compromises I can live with knowing full well they will be addressed in the next version but the next version will again expect the buyer to accept another set of compromises -- and so it goes.

Last edited by Glashub; 07-05-14 at 09:16 AM.
Old 07-05-14, 12:25 PM
eyeball
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Glashub
Well, no, I don't because truly something better is coming every 6 months. Then I'd have to wait my whole life. These manufacturers know they can't build in obsolescence so they withhold features and upgrades and we kneel before them like thirsty people begging for water and waste hard earned money to keep up. Every penny I spend represent time I invested to earn that penny. I don't want to be on my death bed and my last thought is -- damn Lexus is going to upgrade the engine -- I should've waited. Gaaaa! So I find a product that has a set of compromises I can live with knowing full well they will be addressed in the next version but the next version will again expect the buyer to accept another set of compromises -- and so it goes.
^^^^
So true. I mean, if someone really wants every accoutrement offered for the 3IS, then he/she better wait till the final iteration/upgrade of the 3IS, say, in 2018 or 2019 lol. But by then the new 4IS will most likely be out and that final model revamp to the 3IS will be rendered obsolete lol. No one wins this game of catching up
Old 07-05-14, 06:12 PM
Glashub
Lexus Test Driver

We'll put!
Old 07-05-14, 11:09 PM
dstopsie
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

My biggest regret was that I got IS250 fsport black with red combo. I knew better than to get a black car because I'm too meticulous. I'm sick and tired of cleaning it so I don't swirl it or scratch it

Needless to say now my black car is being sold to Carmax Monday and I have a brand-new IS350F sport white ultra white with red interior in my garage. It has ML and blind spot monitor with navigation

I'm just happy to be out of that black car so I don't have to clean it takes too much time. To do a thorough job it would take me three hours every weekend

I always wanted the 350 but settled for the 250 and as I said I knew better than to get black so now I've got the car that I wanted

Pictures of my new car will follow once I get my windows tinted out
Old 07-05-14, 11:43 PM
Glashub
Lexus Test Driver

Oh my! You sure did have that black car looking good. Glad you got white and the 350 will be a new experience.
Old 07-05-14, 11:58 PM
dstopsie
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Glashub
Oh my! You sure did have that black car looking good. Glad you got white and the 350 will be a new experience.
Thanks!! I know it looks great. But honestly I have to spend tooooo much time keeping it up. This is my first 350 and I am really excited. Just can't wait to go to carmax Monday and unload my 250.

I will post pics when I tint it Wednesday.
Old 07-06-14, 08:26 AM
theoryguy3
Intermediate

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by dstopsie
My biggest regret was that I got IS250 fsport black with red combo. I knew better than to get a black car because I'm too meticulous. I'm sick and tired of cleaning it so I don't swirl it or scratch it

Needless to say now my black car is being sold to Carmax Monday and I have a brand-new IS350F sport white ultra white with red interior in my garage. It has ML and blind spot monitor with navigation

I'm just happy to be out of that black car so I don't have to clean it takes too much time. To do a thorough job it would take me three hours every weekend

I always wanted the 350 but settled for the 250 and as I said I knew better than to get black so now I've got the car that I wanted

Pictures of my new car will follow once I get my windows tinted out
A friend of mine bought the Gen 2 IS250 and after a few years he's grown to dislike it. He always says he never has enough power, he can keep up with traffic but not outrun it.

How is the ML sound system?
Old 07-06-14, 09:46 AM
dstopsie
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by theoryguy3
A friend of mine bought the Gen 2 IS250 and after a few years he's grown to dislike it. He always says he never has enough power, he can keep up with traffic but not outrun it.

How is the ML sound system?
The ML sounds great. Very base heavy which I am not used to, but I made some adjustments and its terrific. I am hearing sounds I never heard before. Plus it has more speakers than the 250. the 2013 IS had more speakers and tweeters on the sport non ML and then for 2014, they reduced it, and the sound changed. I actually thought the sound was pretty good in my 2012, but noticed a difference when I got the 2014 250.

What I am really noticing is the power and the smoothness of shifting. It is different than the 250. The 250 is underpowered, and I do a lot of freeway driving so I will benefit from the 350. Also I just never really considered the 350, but the dealer was offering me a better deal on the 350 than the 250 to get out of my year old lease on the 2014 IS250 Fsport. I loved that car, I was just soooo over trying to keep it clean and swirl and scratch free. It is just too much and I knew it when i got it.

Very happy with the UW/Red combo. Now i just need my windows tinted so i don't feel so naked when I drive around.. LOL. Appointment for that is scheduled for Wednesday.
Old 07-06-14, 11:31 AM
theoryguy3
Intermediate

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

The ML sounds great. Very base heavy which I am not used to, but I made some adjustments and its terrific. I am hearing sounds I never heard before. Plus it has more speakers than the 250. the 2013 IS had more speakers and tweeters on the sport non ML and then for 2014, they reduced it, and the sound changed. I actually thought the sound was pretty good in my 2012, but noticed a difference when I got the 2014 250.

What I am really noticing is the power and the smoothness of shifting. It is different than the 250. The 250 is underpowered, and I do a lot of freeway driving so I will benefit from the 350. Also I just never really considered the 350, but the dealer was offering me a better deal on the 350 than the 250 to get out of my year old lease on the 2014 IS250 Fsport. I loved that car, I was just soooo over trying to keep it clean and swirl and scratch free. It is just too much and I knew it when i got it.

Very happy with the UW/Red combo. Now i just need my windows tinted so i don't feel so naked when I drive around.. LOL. Appointment for that is scheduled for Wednesday.
I definitely don't see a lack of power when I drive my 350, it's defintiely more nimble and stable than the Maxima I owned previous, and a lot easier to park . My biggest surprise was when it snowed, i was afraid the car would get stuck, but the it clawed right through the snow like a champ. The only thing I wish I had is the ML system and the heated steering wheel, which I'll add later since it's available on the 15 model.
Old 07-06-14, 04:23 PM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

What I am really noticing is the power and the smoothness of shifting. It is different than the 250. The 250 is underpowered, and I do a lot of freeway driving so I will benefit from the 350.
go in Manual mode and watch how fast the 8 speed shifts, its excellent
Old 07-07-14, 06:48 PM
Belex1
Driver School Candidate

No regrets! I was driving 2010 Prius. I just gained over 200 more horse power with my IS350 and it looks just slightly cooler.
Old 07-07-14, 07:18 PM
Glashub
Lexus Test Driver

^^^^

Well, here is LA people do some amazing aftermarket things on their Priuses.
Old 07-08-14, 12:40 AM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 152 Likes on 90 Posts

Wait for what? Every model year there is going to be a new option, new adition, new color, etc. There is no way to catch up to that. If you like and want a car, get it and don't look back. And if you want to be one of the first, be prepared to pay for it (supply/demand).

This is all common human nature second guessing oneself, after the newness and excitement wears off. It happens in all car forums.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Do you wish you had waited?