IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Quad tip exhaust options

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-14, 12:28 PM
bucanero
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quad tip exhaust options

I'm a big fan of the AimGain Type II / TRD / Skipper look of the quad tips. AimGain Loop exhaust looks nice but mehhhh, TRD is axel back and too pricey, don't have much info on Skipper. I'm more interested in a cat back design with quad tips, Ark GRIP, JoeZ PTS, GTHaus, etc. what viable options are there in converting any of those (ugly) huge round tips to quad tips? Cutting them off at muffler and welding new tips? Anyone know of any cat back exhaust options that already come with the quad tips? How much do you think the new tips would alter the sound? Of course with the quad tips a different rear diffuser would come into play as well. Thanks for your input and knowledge on these questions I present to you all.
Old 06-18-14, 01:48 PM
TheShaddix
Pole Position

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I would just go custom. You have a few options. One is if you buy any of those complete exhaust systems like joe z and have a shop weld quad tips on them which isn't difficult at all for them to do. Two, you go full custom and use some universal mufflers. And three, you just remove the stock mufflers completely and have a shop add piping with quad tips at the end. They wouldn't charge more than 400 to do the work. The sound should not change much at all. The things that change the sound are the mufflers and resonators.
Old 06-18-14, 01:57 PM
bucanero
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How much do the quad tips change the tone you imagine? Also, what seems to be the best fit for quad tips, 80mm? The Tommy Kiara look TOO big.
Old 06-18-14, 03:13 PM
TheShaddix
Pole Position

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

The tone depends on how you weld the tips. If it's a single pipe out of the muffler that splits into 2, the tone won't change much since it's the same amount of air coming out. 80mm sounds good. You definitely dont want to have tiny quad tips. And you will have to modify your bumper bottom (cut more). Two 80mm tips is 160, mine are 120 and take up nearly the whole opening.