IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Financing options?

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-14, 02:07 AM
wiliu0
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Financing options?

Hello, I'm new here, I'm thinking of buying an is250 f sport, what's the best financing option ? I think I'm going to trade my car to get the is 250.
Old 05-24-14, 03:57 AM
toyotatom
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Are you looking to finance or lease? Lexus is offering a .9% rate for financing for 36 months on the IS models. What will you be trading in? I see you in CA. and you should be able to work a deal to get close to or below invoice depending on how hard you want to work at it. Contact as many dealers as you can.

Originally Posted by wiliu0
Hello, I'm new here, I'm thinking of buying an is250 f sport, what's the best financing option ? I think I'm going to trade my car to get the is 250.
Old 05-24-14, 09:35 AM
wiliu0
Driver School Candidate

.9 %? I don't think lexus will offer that, it's pretty low. I will be trading my 2010 scion tc . I'll be financing.
Old 05-24-14, 11:13 AM
IS3Fguy
Pit Crew

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you don't want high monthly payments, go with leasing. Don't worry about the leasing rules since you will be buying the car anyway at the end. Or, if you don't want to keep the car the end of the lease, simply return it and don't worry about tryin to sell it.
Old 05-24-14, 11:25 AM
toyotatom
Intermediate

Its on their website, at least for the Northeast

.9 %? I don't think lexus will offer that, it's pretty low. I will be trading my 2010 scion tc . I'll be financing.
Old 05-24-14, 12:25 PM
goshawk823
Rookie

.9 for 36 months.
1.9 for 60 months.
That's in Virginia.
Old 05-24-14, 01:31 PM
Kappy550
Pit Crew

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I leased a 14 250 for $309 a month for 36 months here in Texas.
Old 05-24-14, 01:53 PM
toyotatom
Intermediate

Are you adding cash also, payment will be pretty high with just the trade-in

Old 05-24-14, 01:54 PM
wiliu0
Driver School Candidate

Sorry for being new at this but doesn't have that rule that you HAVE to exchange your car after a like 2 years? If I decide to buy it, how would that work? Do I pay the msrp or do I pay what's left over after my lease payments.
Old 05-24-14, 05:02 PM
toyotatom
Intermediate

If you lease, you will be told up front what the car can be bought for at the end of your lease, you can buy it, lease another car, extend the lease up to another 6 months I believe, or just walk away from the car if you so choose. The buyout price on a 3 year lease is somewhere around 65% of MSRP, to give you an idea of what the car might cost to buy. You will end up paying more than MSRP for the car if you buy it at the end of the lease, lexus likes to make money also. If you elect to buy the car at the end of the lease, you can finance it also at that point too, but the car will start to get expensive if you lease and then finance it after

Sorry for being new at this but doesn't have that rule that you HAVE to exchange your car after a like 2 years? If I decide to buy it, how would that work? Do I pay the msrp or do I pay what's left over after my lease payments.
Old 05-24-14, 07:51 PM
IS3Fguy
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Kappy550
I leased a 14 250 for $309 a month for 36 months here in Texas.
And what is the residual value?
Old 05-24-14, 07:59 PM
IS3Fguy
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by toyotatom
If you lease, you will be told up front what the car can be bought for at the end of your lease, you can buy it, lease another car, extend the lease up to another 6 months I believe, or just walk away from the car if you so choose. The buyout price on a 3 year lease is somewhere around 65% of MSRP, to give you an idea of what the car might cost to buy. You will end up paying more than MSRP for the car if you buy it at the end of the lease, lexus likes to make money also. If you elect to buy the car at the end of the lease, you can finance it also at that point too, but the car will start to get expensive if you lease and then finance it after
More than MSRP if we decide to buy it at end of lease? You sure about that? I am from Canada, and the sales rep told me that my residual value will be less than what the market price when the lease ended. After 4 years, my car 2014 IS 350 AWD will be around $19k with 20,000 km per year allowance. I looked at autotrader.ca lexus 2010 now worth around $28k-$29k. So it looks like my residual value will be less than what will be the market price 4 years down the road.
Old 05-25-14, 05:51 AM
toyotatom
Intermediate

So your saying your buyout price is only $19,000 on your car after 4 years, if true your monthly payment must be very high then. That also gives you a residual of only around 38% based on USA dollars based on an MSRP of around $48,800. I have never heard of a 38% residual buyout on a 4 year lease, should be around 58, 59 % or somewhere near there. Maybe Canada does it different than USA. I think the only way you can pay less than MSRP after leasing a car is if you can get a very large discount off MSRP when leasing the car. I live in the Northeast and decent discounts are hard to get on these cars. I think you need to check your buyout price and make sure its correct, if it is correct than I would lease a whole bunch of these cars, you could make a ton of money at the end of the leases then.
Originally Posted by IS3Fguy
More than MSRP if we decide to buy it at end of lease? You sure about that? I am from Canada, and the sales rep told me that my residual value will be less than what the market price when the lease ended. After 4 years, my car 2014 IS 350 AWD will be around $19k with 20,000 km per year allowance. I looked at autotrader.ca lexus 2010 now worth around $28k-$29k. So it looks like my residual value will be less than what will be the market price 4 years down the road.
Old 05-25-14, 06:48 AM
IS3Fguy
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by toyotatom
So your saying your buyout price is only $19,000 on your car after 4 years, if true your monthly payment must be very high then. That also gives you a residual of only around 38% based on USA dollars based on an MSRP of around $48,800. I have never heard of a 38% residual buyout on a 4 year lease, should be around 58, 59 % or somewhere near there. Maybe Canada does it different than USA. I think the only way you can pay less than MSRP after leasing a car is if you can get a very large discount off MSRP when leasing the car. I live in the Northeast and decent discounts are hard to get on these cars. I think you need to check your buyout price and make sure its correct, if it is correct than I would lease a whole bunch of these cars, you could make a ton of money at the end of the leases then.
Sorry, I made a mistake. The buyout price is $25,000. My trade in value was $14,000. Is that a good deal?
Old 05-25-14, 06:55 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,522 Likes on 1,820 Posts

That makes more sense...

We need way more info than just that to know whether or not it was a good deal...

Quick Reply: Financing options?