IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Pandora Issue

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-14, 10:23 AM
Jaydemm
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pandora Issue

Whats up CL. I've had my car for over a month now and had no issues with the lexus app suite. The past few days i've been trying to get pandora to work. It connects perfectly fine and shows that its playing, but theres no audio that comes out. I've tried to switch channels and it does the same thing, play and no sound. Anyone know how i would fix this issue?! Thanks!
Old 03-16-14, 01:07 PM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,603 Likes on 1,021 Posts

Unfortunately this is common. Un-pair the phone and re-pair it and it should work.
Old 03-16-14, 02:02 PM
Jaydemm
Pole Position

Originally Posted by JDR76
Unfortunately this is common. Un-pair the phone and re-pair it and it should work.
Much appreciated, will try it out later today.
Old 03-16-14, 02:38 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Received 268 Likes on 216 Posts

Switch it to iheartradio then go back to Pandora it will come on.
Old 03-16-14, 03:00 PM
Jaydemm
Pole Position

Originally Posted by dojoman
Switch it to iheartradio then go back to Pandora it will come on.
I tried doing that on my way to work, both iheartradio and pandora had no audio.
Old 03-16-14, 03:13 PM
fastdak25
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yup i get this all the time. When you switch from Pandora to another media, then back to pandora, no audio. If you are listening to pandora and a text comes through and you read the text, you lose pandora audio. Only way to fix it is to re-pair the connection. Annoying as ****.
Old 03-16-14, 03:19 PM
Jaydemm
Pole Position

Originally Posted by fastdak25
yup i get this all the time. When you switch from Pandora to another media, then back to pandora, no audio. If you are listening to pandora and a text comes through and you read the text, you lose pandora audio. Only way to fix it is to re-pair the connection. Annoying as ****.
That makes sense, i was listening to my ipod then switched to pandora and had no audio! WIll for sure try it when i get off work. Thanks everyone for the help!
Old 05-03-14, 08:40 AM
Jaydemm
Pole Position

At this time, this method worked for me, but now when i try it, theres still no sound. Anyone know what to do?
Old 05-03-14, 10:42 AM
CTLG
Rookie

This issue comes from the Lexus App Suite App. Basically, you have to have the app up and running on your phone BEFORE you crank the car and allow BluTooth to pair. If you pair the phone and then start the app, this is what happens. The only way to fix it is to either re-pair the phone or shut the car off and restart the app and start the car up again.

Also, if the app has been running in the background for a long period without being used, the phones OS will stop allowing the app the run, until the phone is paired and the car calls-up the app. This is where the problems arise.

And yes, this is VERY annoying.
Old 05-03-14, 10:54 AM
Jaydemm
Pole Position

Originally Posted by CTLG
This issue comes from the Lexus App Suite App. Basically, you have to have the app up and running on your phone BEFORE you crank the car and allow BluTooth to pair. If you pair the phone and then start the app, this is what happens. The only way to fix it is to either re-pair the phone or shut the car off and restart the app and start the car up again.

Also, if the app has been running in the background for a long period without being used, the phones OS will stop allowing the app the run, until the phone is paired and the car calls-up the app. This is where the problems arise.

And yes, this is VERY annoying.
damn that sucks, but i'll try that when i get off work. Thanks!
Old 05-04-14, 07:42 AM
tsopranoMB
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it's an iphone glitch. You need to pull up the menu from the bottom on the phone, go to AIRPLAY, and make sure LEXUS IS to be selected. otherwise, there is no audio....I've seen this often lately.. with iOS 7.1
Old 05-05-14, 05:34 AM
CTLG
Rookie

Originally Posted by tsopranoMB
it's an iphone glitch. You need to pull up the menu from the bottom on the phone, go to AIRPLAY, and make sure LEXUS IS to be selected. otherwise, there is no audio....I've seen this often lately.. with iOS 7.1
This doesn't fix the problem the OP is having with Pandora. This is what happens when you have your iPhone plugged into the USB port in the glovebox, a totally different issue altogether. Because of this issue, I don't plug my phone directly into the cars USB port.

The problem the OP is having is due to the Enform app. There is only two ways to fix this. Either restart the app and restart the car, or totally re-pair the phone. It's just easier to restart the Enform app and then restart the car.

If you make it a habit to restart the Enform app before you get in your car, you won't have this issue. If your Enform app has been running unused on your phone for an extended period, it'll need to be restarted or at least called-up before you start your car. If you don't, it doesn't properly send audio to the car for Pandora.
Old 05-05-14, 06:27 AM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

If you make it a habit to restart the Enform app before you get in your car, you won't have this issue. If your Enform app has been running unused on your phone for an extended period, it'll need to be restarted or at least called-up before you start your car. If you don't, it doesn't properly send audio to the car for Pandora.
Even that doesn't fix it. I restart the app on my phone every morning before I start the car and still, about half the time, I get the "Paused" issue. I usually have to do a forced reset on the nav system, at least twice, then it'll start working again.
Old 05-05-14, 06:34 AM
CTLG
Rookie

Originally Posted by JDR76
Even that doesn't fix it. I restart the app on my phone every morning before I start the car and still, about half the time, I get the "Paused" issue. I usually have to do a forced reset on the nav system, at least twice, then it'll start working again.
Interesting. It works for me. I never have the issue if I restart the app on my phone before I start the car.

Are you using the cars USB port to charge and connect the phone? If so, don't use it EVER. I use a small charger that I plug into the 12v in the center console.

My 2014 Acura TL SH-AWD never had any of these issues. I really wish Lexus would issue a fix for these infotainment problems we're seeing.
Old 05-05-14, 06:43 AM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Interesting. It works for me. I never have the issue if I restart the app on my phone before I start the car.

Are you using the cars USB port to charge and connect the phone? If so, don't use it EVER. I use a small charger that I plug into the 12v in the center console.

My 2014 Acura TL SH-AWD never had any of these issues. I really wish Lexus would issue a fix for these infotainment problems we're seeing.
No, I never use the USB port.

Quick Reply: Pandora Issue