IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Jerk denies giving me a fender ding while I was sitting in my car!

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-14, 05:03 PM
nautnavel
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jerk denies giving me a fender ding while I was sitting in my car!

Long story short. Yesterday I was sitting in my car at Walmart with a friend, and suddenly i hear a bang and a vibration in my car. The van that pulled up next to my right side, decided to give a ding in my rear fenders with his door. I got out and was like you just dented my fenders. The freaking jerk denied everything. It was crazy. I called the cops and I knew they wouldn't come out because of private property. I gave him my license, thinking that he would give me his in exchange but he didn't want to give it to me. I did end up getting his name and insurance policy number, and his plate number also. Anyway this jerk still denied it after I told him to line his door up to the ding to see if it lines up. He is with progressive, and I'm also with progressive. They mention something about a dual lost. I'm just pissed that this jerk denied everything even when he was the one who slammed his door into my fender. The pictures will show how far the cars were apart and how much force he had to used to dent my fenders, especially when that bang was loud and we felt a good vibration.
Attached Thumbnails Jerk denies giving me a fender ding while I was sitting in my car!-img_0087.jpg   Jerk denies giving me a fender ding while I was sitting in my car!-img_0090.jpg   Jerk denies giving me a fender ding while I was sitting in my car!-img_0094.jpg   Jerk denies giving me a fender ding while I was sitting in my car!-img_0099.jpg  
Old 04-27-14, 05:08 PM
TheBatman
Driver

Its b/c of inconsiderate people like this that I park waaaaaaaaayyyy out in a parking lot where no one parks.
Old 04-27-14, 05:32 PM
gvan1998
Pit Crew

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

you should of open your door harder on his car and deny it also. I hate people that have no respect for other peoples property.
Old 04-27-14, 06:00 PM
StillLine
Lead Lap

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Thumbs down That sucks!

So sorry to hear this happened. I'm curious to see the outcome of your dilemma. Many people are not only inconsiderate, but the basic principles of honesty, integrity and just plain doing the right thing are foreign concepts to these individuals.

Yesterday, I had a very large, aggressive bullmastiff dog attack my new CT200h as I drove past the owner's home and left a nasty scratch and dent in the rear fender just above the wheel well. I took the car by and showed the dog's owners the damage and I get the feeling their attitude is going to be that I can't prove it was their dog although it scared the crap out of my wife and me when it attacked and this dog has a history of being aggressive toward it's neighbors. I'm going to present them with repair estimates and see what happens.

Good luck to both of us.

StillLine
Old 04-27-14, 06:06 PM
gvan1998
Pit Crew

On the plus side, find a good paintless dent remover. That will come right off and probably cost you less than $100.
Old 04-27-14, 06:12 PM
KS13
Driver

Had the same thing happen to my 08 Acura TL the second day I got the car. I didn't call the cops because I knew they wouldn't come. The as***** wouldn't admit it either. So I ended up denting his face.
Old 04-27-14, 06:12 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Received 268 Likes on 216 Posts

I don't think paintless dent remover can do this one. Anyway, I really hate people like this and tried to avoid Walmart of all the places, so many inconsiderate jerks. Even if you park far away some other jerk will try to squeeze into "compact" spot with their SUV or van.
Old 04-27-14, 06:46 PM
NebulaIS
Rookie

Sorry to see that. He actually looks like he's parked a good distance away. His door must have been pushed open as far as it goes to make contact with your fender. Who needs to open their door that much? Dude just looks average sized.
Old 04-27-14, 07:05 PM
islandbeef
Racer

Received 62 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by TheBatman
Its b/c of inconsiderate people like this that I park waaaaaaaaayyyy out in a parking lot where no one parks.
+1

Haters are gonna hate and you have to make adjustments to your normal parking habits.
Old 04-27-14, 07:06 PM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

the dent is on a crease in the panel, cant pull that with paintless dent removal
Old 04-27-14, 07:35 PM
nayuta
Driver

Damn, I got mad just reading this story. He sounds like a complete piece of **** to deny it. I hate it when people deny what they do wrong.
Old 04-27-14, 07:45 PM
gvan1998
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by 4TehNguyen
the dent is on a crease in the panel, cant pull that with paintless dent removal
I had a dent on the same spot on my S2000, they pulled it out perfectly. You just got to find someone with experience.
Old 04-27-14, 07:51 PM
21pirates
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've seem worse get fixed with a painless dent remover, google and find a good guy in your area . Progressive is good insurance I have them too they have your back.
Old 04-27-14, 09:27 PM
wednesday
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I want to chime in about PDR, I had someone (hit and run) back into my 2007 IS in the crease above the rear tire and our local PDR place in Lakeland was able to get it out, they had to drill a hole in the rear door jamb to get to it (they plugged it when they were done.) I would check with a PDR place just to make sure before I took it to a body shop. I don't know how you refrained from punching that guy.
Old 04-27-14, 09:52 PM
Exeon
Driver School Candidate

Sad to see but the first mistake is going to Walmart, especially with a lexus. Hope you get it fixed

Quick Reply: Jerk denies giving me a fender ding while I was sitting in my car!