IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Compliments?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-14, 10:57 AM
jhs82
Lead Lap

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

I got long looks from five guys in suits while i sneaked past them the in EV-mode today.
Old 10-09-14, 11:53 AM
SexyElaine
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jhs82
I got long looks from five guys in suits while i sneaked past them the in EV-mode today.
OMG .... I got the same looks from a few guys in suit too today !??! Though I doubt they were the same guys !??!
Old 10-26-14, 09:39 AM
jhs82
Lead Lap

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by SexyElaine
OMG .... I got the same looks from a few guys in suit too today !??! Though I doubt they were the same guys !??!
Express travel to the states.
Old 01-06-15, 02:20 PM
djsohott
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm going to get my car tinted because I feel like I'm in a fishbowl and I would prefer to have my windows darker knowing every Red light the car next to me is looking over to race lol
Old 01-06-15, 02:34 PM
Thunderwuf
Driver

Originally Posted by djsohott
I'm going to get my car tinted because I feel like I'm in a fishbowl and I would prefer to have my windows darker knowing every Red light the car next to me is looking over to race lol
Tint is the first thing I did when I got my car, but it's mostly because i like my privacy.. Strangers don't give each other compliments in my area. I see the heads turning, so that's enough of a compliment for me.
Old 01-06-15, 02:49 PM
drbazing
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by djsohott
Same but I got a tint to protect me and the car's interior from the sun. I could care less if they want to race, I usually take em on.
Old 01-06-15, 02:59 PM
PAPI007
Intermediate

Received 26 Likes on 12 Posts

I had a guy last week at the light in a new IS250 ask, "How do you like your new 250", I said, "It's not a 250 its a 350," and sped off.
Old 01-06-15, 05:22 PM
Akrkwk
Rookie

Not to sound cocky but the other night as i get out of my IS250 There was a guy getting into his GS350 ( older generation) and he was in his 40s saying in excited tone that its very nice car and asked me how i like it I told him its ok and slow Also told him its just my DD to keep my M4 mileage low( which is very true) His reaction after that was confused Idk why and he drove away I dont realy get excited when i receice compliments on is250 as much as i do with a M4
Old 01-07-15, 01:55 PM
oddseth
Driver School Candidate

I have gotten so many complements and head turns about my car since I picked it up last February! It took awhile for me to process it but a few weeks ago, my fiance used my car (her car is up in NJ right now) and was surprised by how many people stop to look or ask questions about the car. And last week, when at a stoplight, a DC metrobus driver was gesturing for me to roll down my window. I am used to metrobus drivers making obscene gestures and driving like maniacs, but this guy loved the car and asked about its top speed. I chatted with him until the light turned green and then peeled off at WOT (up to the speed limit, of course to let him hear the car a little bit.
Old 01-08-15, 01:05 PM
lexi90
Lexus Champion

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by SexyElaine
I luv it when valet does this for me as well since I've had my 3IS I cant remember when it wasnt kept out front !!!

Though not for nothing ..... they always manage to try to sneak a peak whenever Im in a short skirt by being nice by opening and then closing the door for me hmmmmm ???
Originally Posted by larry13
lmao well guys will be guys i guess. but thats too funny. i'm sure the would look nomatter what your wearing tho. haha
Like Paulina Rubio's song "boys will be boys"
Old 01-08-15, 01:11 PM
lexi90
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Mr. Burns
Mercedes Benz wishes.
Lol +1
Old 01-08-15, 01:13 PM
lexi90
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by eyeball
I've caught a lot of people driving 3series BMWs stare at my car

Disclaimer! I know they were looking at my car because they were not wearing sunglasses and their front window wasn't tinted

Disclaimer! I know these were 3series as opposed to say 5series because I know what a 3series looks like from the front

Disclaimer! I was still paying attention to the road while driving when I caught these people staring for a nanosecond.
LOL Same here, man! Lots of 3 series flashing their eyes at me and my babe Lexi
Old 01-08-15, 01:16 PM
lexi90
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Chria89a
Yesterday I let my dad drive my 3is and We stopped to buy a Gatorade and pump gas at chevron on the way back a lady in her 30's was flirting with him (my dad is 53). I thought it was so funny and told him he needs to get a 3is as well.
No way! My dad would never take my IS and had me or my mother catch him flirting or being flirted by
Old 01-08-15, 01:24 PM
lexi90
Lexus Champion

Since day 1 I've gotten so many necks turned and broken Went to the pharmacy that same night and an older guy (45-50) said it was such a beautiful car. I replied I wasn't sure about the color, and he said the color was gorgeous!

Stopped at a red light at an intersection and a couple drove by me in an Audi A4 and the girl kept starring at it while the guy gave me the pickle sucker face Guess he hated on it!

A vast majority of 3 series owners have turned their necks like Chucky to admire Lexi I just sip on my pride tea and keep minding my own business

Lastly, as I have so many stories, I was at the gym and came out to find a guy with an Audi A4 parked so damn closed to me. When he saw my facial expression, he said "I'm sorry for parking here; I was careful not to dent your car. BTW, that's a gorgeous car" I think he got scare of me
Old 01-08-15, 04:14 PM
kinglexus99
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Thunderwuf
Tint is the first thing I did when I got my car, but it's mostly because i like my privacy.. Strangers don't give each other compliments in my area. I see the heads turning, so that's enough of a compliment for me.
+1 on strangers not giving compliments...must be a CA thing. Ha.
I've only had one drunk hillbilly say my car was nice. But he said it in more of a "you don't deserve it cuz you look like a punk kid" sort of way, so I just ignored him. Lol. Other than that luxury cars are pretty standard in my area and especially where I live, so no one usually cares.

Quick Reply: Compliments?!?!