IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Compliments?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-14, 03:45 PM
Jaydemm
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So i got pulled over the other day in LA. The cop pulled me over due to "having no plates"... but its a brand new car So right before he pulled me over i saw him and his partner look at me and my friend and i assumed he pulled me over cause we were 2 young looking kids driving a brand new Lexus in LA(area was pretty ghetto). He didn't give me a hard time, but he was asking me about the car which i'm assuming is a good thing lol. I'll take it as a compliment
Old 04-21-14, 06:43 AM
Rsnic
Rookie

Coming from Long Island, NY where you cant drive more than 5 minutes without seeing at least one 3 series/A4/C Class, and the soccer mom vehicle of choice is some type of Mercedes SUV. So to get a vehicle to turn heads it usually takes a lot of $$$.

I think that the IS is more exotic looking than its European rivals and people definitely notice it. Everywhere from gas stations to red lights people are asking about it and even had a few people take pictures. The black/red combo definitely adds a lot to the overall look of the car, and even though its a pain to keep clean the look of a freshly washed/waxed black car is hard to beat.
Old 04-21-14, 08:19 AM
CTLG
Rookie

I get more compliments on my new 3is 350 F-Sport than I do for my 800hp Evo VIII. Lol

P.s. New member and new Lexus owner!
Old 04-21-14, 09:15 AM
MILKEE
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Our new IS350 F-Sport gets lots of looks and compliments from the security forces each morning going to work. The young men get 'googily eyes' and the chicks dig us, when we come through the gate. Old people rule!
Old 04-21-14, 11:04 AM
smardav
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The looks of 3IS def turns heads. Especially on F-Sport model. The week after I got my car, a valet parking at a 5-star hotel got excited when I gave him the key. There are also a couple times when the valet guy decided to put my car at the front with no extra charge. Yay!

Another time at a local shopping strip. A couple guys from T-Mobile store went to the car and started looking & took pics of it. I was just watching it from far.

Surprisingly I get way more compliments driving around in my smart car. Maybe its the color combo?
Old 04-21-14, 08:45 PM
Slust
Pole Position

I posted this one in an old topic...

In a sketchy neighborhood I had someone crossing the street, glance over his shoulder and then stop in the middle of the street and stare at me. He just stood their staring over his shoulder for at least 20-30 seconds. I was beginning to think he wanted to start a fight, actually I thought that when I saw him stop mid-street. Then he smiled and nodded his head in approval and walked off. That was the most blatant stare I have ever seen.

Then I had one of the gate guards hold me hostage as she checked out my ride. When she decided to let me go she said, "I'm just going to stare at your car as you drive away." LOL ok

Today a father and son were walking down the sidewalk and both stared at me as I drove by. The little kid even turned around to watch some more. This car gets at least 1 obvious stare a day. I'm sure when the car becomes more common the stares will go down. I did see another 3IS parked today. Made me wish I had my camera with me - Nebula + Ultra White would make a great pic.
Old 04-21-14, 10:59 PM
smardav
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Slust
I posted this one in an old topic...

In a sketchy neighborhood I had someone crossing the street, glance over his shoulder and then stop in the middle of the street and stare at me. He just stood their staring over his shoulder for at least 20-30 seconds. I was beginning to think he wanted to start a fight, actually I thought that when I saw him stop mid-street. Then he smiled and nodded his head in approval and walked off. That was the most blatant stare I have ever seen.

Not sure if driving the 3IS thru a sketchy neighborhood is a great idea. Glad nothing happen to you or your car. :-)
Old 04-22-14, 12:43 AM
ISDAS
Intermediate

Received 64 Likes on 27 Posts

just generally a lot of looks / people turning around to have a second look.

apart from that I had a family walk past when I was some distance from the car, I always watch the car if visible to me to make sure all ok etc - they were all standing infront of it looking at it and waving hands I think trying to imitate the 'front grill' or something.. was certainly weird/interesting to watch lol.

and just the usual giving co-workers/friends a ride who are all impressed etc.
Old 04-22-14, 04:24 AM
Mr_VFS1
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by CTLG
I get more compliments on my new 3is 350 F-Sport than I do for my 800hp Evo VIII. Lol

Welcome to CL! If you don't mind me asking, what part of Florida are you from?
Old 04-22-14, 04:45 AM
Philips
Driver School Candidate

when I went out with my buddies for a mini car meet/ joy ride. I kept hearing "nice ***!" from the guys behind my car in the walkie talkie.
Old 04-22-14, 06:19 AM
CTLG
Rookie

Originally Posted by sternb818
Welcome to CL! If you don't mind me asking, what part of Florida are you from?
Thanks! I'm in Jacksonville.
Old 04-22-14, 06:24 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

yea at Twin Peaks valet I got parked up front during a UFC night.
Old 04-22-14, 02:05 PM
Kimchiguy
Pit Crew

Received 127 Likes on 62 Posts

Was beginning to think that people don't really care, but today in a mall parking lot a guy in a Cadillac CTS stopped, rolled down his window and gave the thumbs up!
Old 04-22-14, 02:44 PM
nayuta
Driver

I saw a random USB IS350 on Route 80 in New Jersey a couple days ago. It was stunning in person and it had Canadian plates. I think they were Ontario.
Old 04-22-14, 08:40 PM
bayarea3is
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by CTLG

i get compliments and head turns with my 3is, but definately not more than my evo... im sure its because my evo's color is so bright lol.

welcome my fellow evo owner!!

Quick Reply: Compliments?!?!