IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Potential new lexus owner

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-14, 04:02 PM
Striker98
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Potential new lexus owner

Hey everyone. Been surfing the forum for awhile and you all have a lot of great information.
I have always owned dodge/jeep/chrysler vehicles so I'm new to the Japanese car scene.
I'm looking at buying a new is 350 awd f sport premium package. I live in ontario, canada and for the package is msrp $50,800. I have so far got the price down to $48,500. So out the door with all taxes ect is $57,000. Just wondering if you think that is a fair price.
Also I see a lot of you buying an f sport exhaust. Is that the same as what would come stock on the f sport or is that also an upgrade?
Thanks for any help or insight.

Alan
Old 04-02-14, 04:17 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts

Hi Alan.

First that is a good discount for our area (you're in the GTA?), unlike what you may have seen for our US neighbors where many have been able to get a more generous discount 4-5K - forget that will never happen up here. You can maybe squeeze it down to 48K + tax...

The F-Sport Exhaust is a dealer-installed accessory but expect it to set you back an additional ~2K installed. I personally went with the Magnaflow setup at less than half the cost and am very happy with the sound and extra pep. Lots of other alternatives in the 1K to 2K range.

Congrats and keep us posted.
Old 04-02-14, 06:07 PM
Striker98
Rookie

Yes I'm in oakville so outer edge of gta. Testing the car this weekend. Anything I should have an eye out for with the car? My biggest concern is comfort fitting in as I'm 6'4 but thin so head and leg room is usually an issue for me which is why I currently own a 300srt8.
Old 04-02-14, 06:43 PM
Kimchiguy
Pit Crew

Received 127 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by Striker98
Hey everyone. Been surfing the forum for awhile and you all have a lot of great information.
I have always owned dodge/jeep/chrysler vehicles so I'm new to the Japanese car scene.
I'm looking at buying a new is 350 awd f sport premium package. I live in ontario, canada and for the package is msrp $50,800. I have so far got the price down to $48,500. So out the door with all taxes ect is $57,000. Just wondering if you think that is a fair price.
Also I see a lot of you buying an f sport exhaust. Is that the same as what would come stock on the f sport or is that also an upgrade?
Thanks for any help or insight.

Alan
I think it's reasonable to expect another $1K off MSRP (total of $3K). Are you cross shopping and considering any other possibilities?
Old 04-02-14, 07:09 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts

Coming from a 300srt8? Gobs of torque but the 350 won't disappoint on acceleration either. I guess you're going to Lexus of Oakville? Check out Erin Park. PM me. I can point you to my sales rep I've had for many years-great guy. As for the car, you should fit in and the seats will hold you nicely in place. Test the different drive modes especially Sport+ as the AVS sets it to the firmest setting. The AWD has a hump in the floor tunnel but has never been an issue for me.
Old 04-02-14, 07:17 PM
Aeromotive
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Invoice + 2-3% is what you should be aiming for. At least that's what I got here in Quebec. Got invoice + 1.5% but doing business with that dealership was too much trouble so I opted to pay a bit more for peace of mind. As for test drive I suggest sitting in the rear driver side seat with the driver seat set to your comfort. You might be tight. I'm 5'11" and found it adequate for me.
Old 04-02-14, 08:54 PM
cFoo
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You guys are so lucky in the east. Out in the west supply is limited so negotiations are like pulling teeth. The dealers are even offering getting cars in from Alberta or Ontario or wait for factory from Japan. I can't decide to wait or pay to get the car in from Alberta. My only concern is that the car from Alberta have been sitting in the lot collecting dust.
Old 04-03-14, 04:26 PM
Striker98
Rookie

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
Coming from a 300srt8? Gobs of torque but the 350 won't disappoint on acceleration either. I guess you're going to Lexus of Oakville? Check out Erin Park. PM me. I can point you to my sales rep I've had for many years-great guy. As for the car, you should fit in and the seats will hold you nicely in place. Test the different drive modes especially Sport+ as the AVS sets it to the firmest setting. The AWD has a hump in the floor tunnel but has never been an issue for me.
Yes I'm going to lexus of oakville for now. The srt8 I'm bored with and done with the gas mileage. I knew it was bad and was fine with it but after a couple years ready to move on.
I haven't really looked at other cars yet as I like the looks of the is. I did consider the q50s but it just looks boring to me and bmw you see everywhere I want something that you don't see in every other car on the road.
Also I keep reading here about the nav unit. Is it that bad?
Old 04-04-14, 04:46 PM
huudoo
Driver School Candidate

I really like the look on people's faces and their jaw's drop .. so it must look great the f sport that is
Old 04-06-14, 07:40 AM
Striker98
Rookie

Well I took the plunge and ordered the car! 2014 awd is350 fsport premium package in USB blue!
Should find out Monday when I can get the car. Super excited and nervous as this will be my first car that isn't a mopar.
When I get it will for sure post pictures.