IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Aesthetic MODS!!!

Old 04-02-14, 10:11 AM
Ozone25
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aesthetic MODS!!!

Hi everyone I'm new to this website. Anyways, I have a 2014 IS 350 f sport in nebula grey, and am planning on doing some exterior mods. Here are my current ideas of what ima gonna go for. Input would be much appreciated!

Post your own mods too!

If i were to go with the blue option it would be much more expensive. 600 for the vinyl's.
The grey option would just keep the color I have at the moment, but obviously I would still pay for the gloss black roof wrap (100$). In these photos, I tinted the windows, added gloss black roof wrap, blacked out the trims, tinted the taillights, and added a black spoiler. Let me know what you think!
Attached Thumbnails Aesthetic MODS!!!-2014-lexus-is350-f-sport-side-rear.jpg   Aesthetic MODS!!!-1.jpg  
Old 04-02-14, 11:16 AM
AdvanSLF
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i'm all about equality, empowerment, to each is their own... but.. i can't say this is good on the eyes.. bought a $45k car, yet made it look like another average $2,500 looking import. i just don't get it.
Old 04-02-14, 11:28 AM
Ozone25
Driver School Candidate

Did you even read the post.... these are ideas, these aren't real photos. Edited photos, just asking for an opinion. The blue is a little harsh, but the grey with tints isn't bad, and by all means doesn't look $2,500. If you think adding tints makes a car depreciate value by 43,000, I question your judgement
Old 04-02-14, 11:33 AM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,603 Likes on 1,021 Posts

On your first picture, I am not a fan of the rear spoiler and I think the tinted tails are too dark, but otherwise I like what you have there in the blacked out chrome, tinted windows and the wrapped roof.

Not a fan of the blue, however.
Old 04-02-14, 01:10 PM
dangla1603
Rookie

Aesthetic MODS!!!-forumrunner_20140402_151719.png
These are what I got so far
Old 04-02-14, 01:22 PM
Jack1995
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like the chrome delete and black roof, but not the tinted tail light. Its too much...
Old 04-02-14, 06:08 PM
Tennis100
Driver

Hell yeah I love that murdered look. But I am biased to blacked out cars.
Old 04-03-14, 07:41 AM
sc00b
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i like the top pic, but with much lighter tails....
really like the black roof idea, been thinking of doing that myself
Old 04-03-14, 09:01 AM
AdvanSLF
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Ozone25
Did you even read the post.... these are ideas, these aren't real photos. Edited photos, just asking for an opinion. The blue is a little harsh, but the grey with tints isn't bad, and by all means doesn't look $2,500. If you think adding tints makes a car depreciate value by 43,000, I question your judgement
yes i did read the original post and even if i didn't, i as well as others would have clearly known that they're just ideas from seeing how choppy the photoshopping was done.

first off, YOU asked CL for OPINIONS, and so that's what I gave, not trying to be a hardass on anyone, but like the others, everyone is sharing their thoughts like you asked. some said it more eloquently--i'm not a fan--and others like myself, may be more detailed and give you an example-- $2,500 ricer import LOOKING (key word).

second, if you're going to feel this way about it and can't take people's comments or criticisms, why ask?!? you're just going to be mad at other people, so therefore you kind of instigated the situation. there's always the potential for people to say something you might not like--as much as you have the freedom to do what you want with your car, when you ask ppl for their thoughts, they have just as much freedom to comment/compliment/criticize. you can't have your cake and eat it too (metaphor for you can't ask for ppl's opinions and expect them to be on point with your tastes).

lastly, i have a degree in finance and a masters in IT. i can adamantly say and believe that i'm a bit well educated, and therefore educated people, whether giving or receiving comments, don't immediately
overreact to opinions and take things out of context and make a fuss over it. and by the latter, i didn't mean that the car literally depreciates by the more accurate $42,500 (not your rounded $43k btw). i meant it only as an example, figuratively speak that is! if it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, walks like a duck--i don't need to kill it and eat it to make my determination that it's a duck.. only experiencing one or two of those things make it a duck by natural association with what my understanding is (quack quack = must be a duck! i see hundreds of ricers in the DMV area (and they're usually low budget cars--hey at least you have a car to get around!) with airplane like wings, NOS stickers, painfully loud exhausts, tinted windows, tinted lamps, blacked out wheels, the list goes on..and so when i see any car of any value (high or low) have the same tinted windows, tinted lamps, blacked out wheels, etc., that to me is establishing a pattern where my cognition says "oh looky there, that's a/is/will be a ricer car there, good for him, i'm driving home now", and end of story. if you don't think/do/experience this at least once, then you're lying because everyone profiles! to put it to the test, if you see a guy in his 50s driving a lambo or some other supercar--you never once thought gee, nice car, quite expensive, he must be rich?!? of course you have!!! then you too my friend are also profiling--just bc he has a nice car doesn't mean he's rich, what if he received it from his deceased father, won the car on a game show, what if its a kit car? so if you do the same thing, don’t be a hypocrite and tell me i can't make those associations or share my opinions when others ask for them!
Old 04-03-14, 10:18 AM
Ozone25
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by AdvanSLF
yes i did read the original post and even if i didn't, i as well as others would have clearly known that they're just ideas from seeing how choppy the photoshopping was done.

first off, YOU asked CL for OPINIONS, and so that's what I gave, not trying to be a hardass on anyone, but like the others, everyone is sharing their thoughts like you asked. some said it more eloquently--i'm not a fan--and others like myself, may be more detailed and give you an example-- $2,500 ricer import LOOKING (key word).

second, if you're going to feel this way about it and can't take people's comments or criticisms, why ask?!? you're just going to be mad at other people, so therefore you kind of instigated the situation. there's always the potential for people to say something you might not like--as much as you have the freedom to do what you want with your car, when you ask ppl for their thoughts, they have just as much freedom to comment/compliment/criticize. you can't have your cake and eat it too (metaphor for you can't ask for ppl's opinions and expect them to be on point with your tastes).

lastly, i have a degree in finance and a masters in IT. i can adamantly say and believe that i'm a bit well educated, and therefore educated people, whether giving or receiving comments, don't immediately
overreact to opinions and take things out of context and make a fuss over it. and by the latter, i didn't mean that the car literally depreciates by the more accurate $42,500 (not your rounded $43k btw). i meant it only as an example, figuratively speak that is! if it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, walks like a duck--i don't need to kill it and eat it to make my determination that it's a duck.. only experiencing one or two of those things make it a duck by natural association with what my understanding is (quack quack = must be a duck! i see hundreds of ricers in the DMV area (and they're usually low budget cars--hey at least you have a car to get around!) with airplane like wings, NOS stickers, painfully loud exhausts, tinted windows, tinted lamps, blacked out wheels, the list goes on..and so when i see any car of any value (high or low) have the same tinted windows, tinted lamps, blacked out wheels, etc., that to me is establishing a pattern where my cognition says "oh looky there, that's a/is/will be a ricer car there, good for him, i'm driving home now", and end of story. if you don't think/do/experience this at least once, then you're lying because everyone profiles! to put it to the test, if you see a guy in his 50s driving a lambo or some other supercar--you never once thought gee, nice car, quite expensive, he must be rich?!? of course you have!!! then you too my friend are also profiling--just bc he has a nice car doesn't mean he's rich, what if he received it from his deceased father, won the car on a game show, what if its a kit car? so if you do the same thing, don’t be a hypocrite and tell me i can't make those associations or share my opinions when others ask for them!
First off let me say this, you're taking things a little too personally buddy. You didn't need to write a rebuttal essay to my comment. I was merely saying tinting tails do not make a car look like a $2500 ricer. I don't know how you associate tints with the two. But you said to respect your opinion, I am, never insulted you. I just gave my opinion on your thought. It just made me laugh to be quite honest. No need for the tension you just created.
Old 04-03-14, 10:21 AM
Ozone25
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by dangla1603
Attachment 322124
These are what I got so far
Interesting hood! Thats vinyl, correct?? You mind taking more pics around the front? Carbon fiber + grey looks fantastic.
Old 04-03-14, 10:23 AM
Ozone25
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Tennis100
Hell yeah I love that murdered look. But I am biased to blacked out cars.
Whats your opinion on the murdered look on a grey car though? on a black car its easy to pull off. Maybe the taillights i put are a bit too much? I'm double minded like a mad man.
Old 04-03-14, 10:36 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

only exterior aesthetic mod I have done is red caliper paint with the lexus decals on the front. Interior I changed everything to LED
Old 04-03-14, 11:01 AM
AdvanSLF
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Ozone25
First off let me say this, you're taking things a little too personally buddy. You didn't need to write a rebuttal essay to my comment. I was merely saying tinting tails do not make a car look like a $2500 ricer. I don't know how you associate tints with the two. But you said to respect your opinion, I am, never insulted you. I just gave my opinion on your thought. It just made me laugh to be quite honest. No need for the tension you just created.
Gee—how humble of you to be telling me to not get so offended, maybe you should look back to your second post, buddy. I bet it must feel good for you to say I created the tension and that you’re laughing over it, (darn beat me to the punch)—really that’s child’s play. If I offended you, for that I’m not sorry because, well—I never said your car sucked or is ugly. I only said, “I can't say this is good on the eyes.. bought a $45k car, yet made it look like another average $2,500 looking import.” Also, technically, it’s not really an essay, more of free-writing, but I don’t mind putting in the effort to help educate other people such as yourself—sometimes you just don’t know better, and instead of letting you walk around stomping your feet with a temper tantrum, I thought I serve my civic duty today and let you know better, so, you are plenty welcome.
Old 04-03-14, 11:30 AM
1111GS

Received 89 Likes on 77 Posts

Off topic question... how was the first shot taken? Was it one or two shots combined? Was it post processed? Thanks. Either way.... looks good.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Aesthetic MODS!!!