IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models
View Poll Results: What phone do you use with your NAV unit?
Stock iPhone
55.56%
Jailbroken iPhone
2.22%
Stock Android
31.11%
Rooted Android
4.44%
Rooted Android with custom ROM
6.67%
Windows Phone
0%
Other
0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Rebooting NAV screen connected phone poll

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-14, 12:42 PM
Pralix
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rebooting NAV screen connected phone poll

For those that are experiencing reboots of the NAV head unit, please participate in this poll.

My dealer is saying that Lexus is investigating the reboot problem is being caused by corruption of the head unit buy a Bluetooth or USB connected device. They are asking me for the software information of my phone. I just want to see if there is any correlation between phone types and the reboot problem. I also have an iPod.

I have a hard time understanding how this got past QA on the headunit software as the system is pretty useless without connected devices.
Old 03-26-14, 01:33 PM
sc00b
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

iphone 5s thats is what i use im sure itll be the winner
Old 03-26-14, 01:53 PM
enoren
Pole Position

I voted before reading your question. I'm not having trouble with my Nav, but maybe that's also worth knowing: stock iPhone without any related Navigation issues.
Old 03-26-14, 01:56 PM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,603 Likes on 1,021 Posts

In 5 months I've only had one reboot, which is far less than what some others are reporting. The occasional blue flash, but that's pretty infrequent and doesn't seem to upset anything.

For my one reboot, it was about 5 minutes after starting the car for my drive home from work. My phone (iPhone 5) was not hard connected to the car. I was using Pandora through the Enform app.
Old 03-26-14, 02:12 PM
Pralix
Rookie

Originally Posted by JDR76
In 5 months I've only had one reboot, which is far less than what some others are reporting. The occasional blue flash, but that's pretty infrequent and doesn't seem to upset anything.

For my one reboot, it was about 5 minutes after starting the car for my drive home from work. My phone (iPhone 5) was not hard connected to the car. I was using Pandora through the Enform app.
Do you have any other connected devices?
Old 03-26-14, 02:16 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Received 268 Likes on 216 Posts

When I have USB drive plugged in with lots of music Nav tends to crash. iPhone connected thru Bluetooth seems to be stable.
Old 03-26-14, 02:16 PM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,603 Likes on 1,021 Posts

Originally Posted by Pralix
Do you have any other connected devices?
No, I do not. Just my iPhone.
Old 03-26-14, 03:17 PM
Lost808
Pole Position

I listen to Pandora strictly through Enform and have never had Navi crash or reboot in 3 months. Stock iPhone.
Old 03-26-14, 07:28 PM
ilshm113
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ipod error then NAV roboot .... tired unplug and plug it back in
Old 03-27-14, 03:48 AM
CtSFox
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm not sure how much light will be shed on the reboot problem theough this poll. Lets say 60% of the people who respond indicating that they have had the problem have iPhones. This does not necessarily mean that one's Lexus is more prone to reboot if you have an iPhone. It could just mean that the majoity of forum readers have iPhones , etc.
Old 03-27-14, 05:36 AM
Glashub
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

I've owned the car since 7/2013 with no problems. Then last week 2 reboots in a row. Nothing until last night when the system froze while playing iTunes radio from phone. My Genesis nav/radio would completely freeze for a hour sometimes and stay frozen despite reboots and restarting car.
Old 03-27-14, 07:57 AM
Pralix
Rookie

Originally Posted by CtSFox
I'm not sure how much light will be shed on the reboot problem theough this poll. Lets say 60% of the people who respond indicating that they have had the problem have iPhones. This does not necessarily mean that one's Lexus is more prone to reboot if you have an iPhone. It could just mean that the majoity of forum readers have iPhones , etc.
True. If this is happening with a stock iPhone, it is not an encouraging situation as far as QA at Lexus and it's infotainment sub contractors. I would think that any problems being caused by an iPhone would have been caught in the QA process long before a release. The iPhone is the most common phone. I personally am using a rooted android phone with a custom ROM. I might be able to understand that causing problems. It looks like I am the only one with a non-standard device.
Old 03-27-14, 09:30 AM
Glashub
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

If that's the case then Apple, Microsoft and any other software reliant company has a QA problem, right?
Old 03-27-14, 12:30 PM
CtSFox
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Pralix
True. If this is happening with a stock iPhone, it is not an encouraging situation as far as QA at Lexus and it's infotainment sub contractors. I would think that any problems being caused by an iPhone would have been caught in the QA process long before a release. The iPhone is the most common phone. I personally am using a rooted android phone with a custom ROM. I might be able to understand that causing problems. It looks like I am the only one with a non-standard device.
Ok, I see the intent of your post now!
Old 03-27-14, 12:59 PM
Lost808
Pole Position

I was using both a jailbroke and unlocked iPhone 4S prior to getting my iPhone 5S a month ago, and I had zero problems with my Navi or phone.

Quick Reply: Rebooting NAV screen connected phone poll