IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Anyone here work at a dealer?

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-14, 06:36 AM
wednesday
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Question Anyone here work at a dealer?

I have the VIN for my car but wasn't given the sheet that tells you what ship it is coming in on. I want to track the ship and have a better idea of it's arrival date however I don't want to ask the sales person for this info and look too eager (still haven't negotiated the price and terms.)

Is there anyone that can run my vin and tell me this info? I will PM you the vin.

Thanks in advance!
Old 08-03-14, 08:00 AM
afdavey
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wednesday
I have the VIN for my car but wasn't given the sheet that tells you what ship it is coming in on. I want to track the ship and have a better idea of it's arrival date however I don't want to ask the sales person for this info and look too eager (still haven't negotiated the price and terms.) Is there anyone that can run my vin and tell me this info? I will PM you the vin. Thanks in advance!
There is a transaction where you can move forward and have the deposit noted as refundable. If you are truly interested in the vehicle why would you not look to nail down the price along with having then show the build / delivery status of the vehicle.

While you are researching this, the vehicle can be sold / promised (dealer trick) to someone else.

Firm up the deal-you can always walk.
Buying any car on a dealer promise, even with a deposit can have issues. The best deal is the one where the vehicle is on the dealer lot and the buyer is standing next to it negotiating.

To your question-I do not work at a dealer.
Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone 5s using IB AutoGroup
Old 08-03-14, 08:24 AM
wednesday
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by afdavey
There is a transaction where you can move forward and have the deposit noted as refundable. If you are truly interested in the vehicle why would you not look to nail down the price along with having then show the build / delivery status of the vehicle.

While you are researching this, the vehicle can be sold / promised (dealer trick) to someone else.

Firm up the deal-you can always walk.
Buying any car on a dealer promise, even with a deposit can have issues. The best deal is the one where the vehicle is on the dealer lot and the buyer is standing next to it negotiating.

To your question-I do not work at a dealer.
Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone 5s using IB AutoGroup
Thanks! I want to but she is telling me that they don't have the money factor and residuals, I am going to email her tomorrow and tell her I at least want to discuss the purchase price. It isn't a special order and if they give it to someone else they are going to lose a repeat customer (my 4th car purchased there) and I can wait a few more months if I really need to. BTW she told me the car would arrive in port sometime around the 12th but I would still like to see it in writing. I hate the car buying process...
Old 08-04-14, 10:55 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,058 Likes on 586 Posts

YEUP....

You can easily negotiate the price of the car beforehand...

Did you find an inbound 2015 ??

Joe Z
Old 08-05-14, 11:27 AM
wednesday
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Joe Z
YEUP....

You can easily negotiate the price of the car beforehand...

Did you find an inbound 2015 ??

Joe Z
Yes I did, it will be at the port on 8/12 Atomic/rioja IS250 f sport with nav and cross traffic. I wanted a 350 but we need to lower our payment so maybe next time.