IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

# contacts to sync with Phone bluetooth

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-14, 08:00 AM
sascher18
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default # contacts to sync with Phone bluetooth

I'm having an issue syncing all my contacts in the Phone/bluetooth system. Anyone know how many contacts the system will support?
Old 03-04-14, 09:18 AM
ISNICE
Driver School Candidate

Sounds like you might be having the same issue that I'm having.... when the car's info screen prompts me about adding contacts automatically from my phone (Samsung Galaxy ACE II), if I select yes/auotmatic then a different screen comes up that tells me "operate phone to start automatic transfer of contacts"..... and then that screen just hangs there as if it's waiting for me to do something. Presumably, it's waiting for me to "operate the phone".... but what the heck does that mean? There is no further information in the Owners Manual.
Old 03-04-14, 09:52 AM
sascher18
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ISNICE
Sounds like you might be having the same issue that I'm having.... when the car's info screen prompts me about adding contacts automatically from my phone (Samsung Galaxy ACE II), if I select yes/auotmatic then a different screen comes up that tells me "operate phone to start automatic transfer of contacts"..... and then that screen just hangs there as if it's waiting for me to do something. Presumably, it's waiting for me to "operate the phone".... but what the heck does that mean? There is no further information in the Owners Manual.
My issues is only some of my contacts sync to the Lexus system. When I try to use voice prompts to dial a call, the contact is not found.
Old 03-04-14, 10:55 AM
ISNICE
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by sascher18
My issues is only some of my contacts sync to the Lexus system. When I try to use voice prompts to dial a call, the contact is not found.
Oops.Sorry. I misread your original post, thinking that you were having trouble transferring any contacts at all.

Well, hopefully someone chimes in to help you solve your problem.... and hopefully to help with my problem too!
Old 03-04-14, 12:46 PM
mcomer
Lead Lap

Received 844 Likes on 638 Posts

An iPhone is pretty loose with your information and gives it up without express permission, the Samsung needs to be told that it's OK. Open the phone screen and then Contacts, select Always if you intend to add others to your Galaxy in the future. ISNICE - Watch the phone and swipe down from the top to open a permission dialog. Check "don't ask again" if you used Always earlier.
Old 03-04-14, 06:47 PM
ISNICE
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by mcomer
An iPhone is pretty loose with your information and gives it up without express permission, the Samsung needs to be told that it's OK. Open the phone screen and then Contacts, select Always if you intend to add others to your Galaxy in the future. ISNICE - Watch the phone and swipe down from the top to open a permission dialog. Check "don't ask again" if you used Always earlier.
I was expecting to see something like what you described the first time I tried to sync my contacts. But there's nothing on my phone (that I can find) that will allow the transfer to initiate. Oh well. Maybe my phone just isn't very cooperative with this Lexus system.
Old 03-05-14, 08:19 AM
mcomer
Lead Lap

Received 844 Likes on 638 Posts

I went to www.lexusdrivers.com and used the Bluetooth tool there. You didn't specify your carrier but I looked at them all and didn't find the Samsung Galaxy ACE II. Most of the other SG models have not been validated
yet, those that were are capable of transfering phone books.

BTW The 2014 IS's are the first Lexus to address up to 3000 contacts, others can transfer 1000 with 3 numbers each.
Old 03-05-14, 09:00 AM
sascher18
Driver School Candidate

I went to www.lexusdrivers.com and used the Bluetooth tool there. You didn't specify your carrier but I looked at them all and didn't find the Samsung Galaxy ACE II. Most of the other SG models have not been validated

BTW The 2014 IS's are the first Lexus to address up to 3000 contacts, others can transfer 1000 with 3 numbers each.
Thanks for the answer. I have over 5000 contacts that is why not all my contacts are syncing to the Lexus system.
Old 03-05-14, 12:41 PM
ISNICE
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for the info.