IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

3IS - Where do you place your phone?

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-15, 08:56 AM
waterchng
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by travanx
Looking at the ebay postings. Did you need to put anything on the back of your phone to attach this?
Yes, you need some pretty thick double sided tape. Note that I superglued a thick furniture pad on mine (felt side glued to mount, other side is sticky tape used to stick to dash).
Old 08-06-15, 10:40 AM
shirosan
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Cup holder for me as well
Old 08-06-15, 10:47 AM
Chyabrah
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

When I had my galaxy S5 by the nav screen, it gripped fine. With the Iphone 6, moved to cup holder because that thing is so slick.
Old 08-06-15, 10:57 AM
SummerRain
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have iPhone 6 Plus and I have to keep it in my pocket. No choice.
Old 08-06-15, 11:08 AM
Rebirthing
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm using this CD player mount for my iPhone 6.
It's the best one I've tried in the 3IS, and I've tried at least 5 different CD player mounts.

Amazon.com: Mpow Grip Pro 2 Universal Easy CD Slot Car Mount Holder Cradle with Just A Push, 360 Degree Rotation for iPhone 6,Samsung Galaxy and More: Cell Phones & Accessories Amazon.com: Mpow Grip Pro 2 Universal Easy CD Slot Car Mount Holder Cradle with Just A Push, 360 Degree Rotation for iPhone 6,Samsung Galaxy and More: Cell Phones & Accessories
Old 08-06-15, 09:46 PM
waterchng
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by travanx
Looking at the ebay postings. Did you need to put anything on the back of your phone to attach this?
I didn't read your question close enough in the other reply. Yes, this eBay magnetic vent clip comes with two thin metal plates with adhesive on one side. You can stick the metal plate directly on the back of your phone if you don't use a case. Or just slip it between the case and the phone if you do use a case (which I do).
Old 08-25-15, 06:59 AM
tC2IS350
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In my cup holder or in my purse since it's always connected to bluetooth
Old 08-25-15, 07:30 AM
starbai
Intermediate

Originally Posted by HeMan26
I like this. I'm very impressed by this. Plus 1 for creativity and plus 1 for simplicity. Going to do this to my car also.
So i liked this idea as well.. and before I even got my car I bought the magnetic mount (Above).

Now that I have the car and am considering doing this, I've noticed that its an inconvenient spot for me personally. I have an iphone6+ which is admittedly a large phone, but if I use it in portrait mode, it blocks some of the navi screen and the the HVAC display. If I use it in landscape, it blocks half of each vent.

Neither of these points are deal breakers, esp since I haven't come up with a better solution yet... but just letting you guys know that imo there are a few drawbacks to this placement.
Old 08-25-15, 09:57 AM
Baopee
Pit Crew

thinking about getting this, mount it between the cool/ heat seat switches

Amazon.com: Cleer Gear MicroSuction, Phone Dock, Mount for Universal - Retail Packaging - Silver/Black: Cell Phones & Accessories Amazon.com: Cleer Gear MicroSuction, Phone Dock, Mount for Universal - Retail Packaging - Silver/Black: Cell Phones & Accessories

Amazon.com: #1 Magnetic Cell Phone Holder by DAFQCO - for All Cell Phone Sizes Apple or Android - Cell Phone Accessories - Installs on Any Surface - Desk, Wall, or Dashboard - Luxurious and Compact - Rotates 360 Degrees: Cell Phones & Accessories Amazon.com: #1 Magnetic Cell Phone Holder by DAFQCO - for All Cell Phone Sizes Apple or Android - Cell Phone Accessories - Installs on Any Surface - Desk, Wall, or Dashboard - Luxurious and Compact - Rotates 360 Degrees: Cell Phones & Accessories
Old 08-25-15, 12:36 PM
starbai
Intermediate

If you decide to go with this one, please report back on how sturdy/strong it is? Does it hold the phone well or does any part of it come apart.
Old 08-25-15, 07:31 PM
Kov
Driver

Originally Posted by 97AcuraCL
If you decide to go with this one, please report back on how sturdy/strong it is? Does it hold the phone well or does any part of it come apart.

I heard good things about CaseCo
Old 08-25-15, 08:01 PM
Carbonite
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I use this guy:
Amazon.com: iOttie Easy One Touch 2 Car Mount Holder for iPhone 6(4.7) Plus(5.5) 5s 5c, Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus S5 S4, Note 5 4 3, Google Nexus 5 4, LG G4-Retail Pack: Cell Phones & Accessories Amazon.com: iOttie Easy One Touch 2 Car Mount Holder for iPhone 6(4.7) Plus(5.5) 5s 5c, Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus S5 S4, Note 5 4 3, Google Nexus 5 4, LG G4-Retail Pack: Cell Phones & Accessories

If I ever purchase the nav. lockout bypass, I won't need to mount it anymore. I can put it in the center storage and cast my android auto-esque phone app to the nav screen.

If anyone is interested in the app, it's pretty great. A bit about it here: http://www.androidpolice.com/2015/04...s-now-in-beta/
Old 08-25-15, 08:03 PM
starbai
Intermediate

So for now, here's my solution:
Amazon.com: Cellet Extra Strength Universal Magnetic Car Dashboard Mount for Smartphones and Tablets - Black: Cell Phones & Accessories Amazon.com: Cellet Extra Strength Universal Magnetic Car Dashboard Mount for Smartphones and Tablets - Black: Cell Phones & Accessories

Old 08-25-15, 08:07 PM
Radical350
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Coming from RC - I made an organizer for the console since I don't need to touch the phone.

Thread: diy-mobile-device-organizer-quick-and-cheap

Old 08-25-15, 11:00 PM
albertgoq
Pole Position

Quick Reply: 3IS - Where do you place your phone?