IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

A/C system not coming back on after ignition

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-14, 02:26 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Received 268 Likes on 216 Posts
Default A/C system not coming back on after ignition

I've been having this issue randomly with my car. Usually after I turned off the car with Climate system on it will come back on with car starting, but sometime it would not. Has this happened to anyone?
Old 04-19-14, 12:52 PM
drive90
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dojoman
I've been having this issue randomly with my car. Usually after I turned off the car with Climate system on it will come back on with car starting, but sometime it would not. Has this happened to anyone?
I am glad someone posted about this. I just called to complain to my service advisor about my air conditioning this past week. My issue is that if the car sits overnight the compressor seems to take an immensely long time to turn on after starting the car. I'll have had the car running for up to a minute and a half before the air gets cool, and it doesn't do so smoothly, it gets cold all-of-a-sudden.

My service advisor said, "Yep, it's getting hotter out. It takes longer." I wanted to say "Really? You don't say." But just expressed disagreement and ended the conversation.

I feel like my A/C system is losing system pressure and having to repeatedly build it back up before starting to work. This problem is easily repeatable, in fact it did it just an hour ago. The car sat all night until I started it around 3PM. I've had three ISs before this one, one 1IS and two 2ISs, and none behaved as this one does.

PS - I have the IS 350.
Old 04-19-14, 07:42 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Received 268 Likes on 216 Posts

Originally Posted by drive90
I am glad someone posted about this. I just called to complain to my service advisor about my air conditioning this past week. My issue is that if the car sits overnight the compressor seems to take an immensely long time to turn on after starting the car. I'll have had the car running for up to a minute and a half before the air gets cool, and it doesn't do so smoothly, it gets cold all-of-a-sudden.

My service advisor said, "Yep, it's getting hotter out. It takes longer." I wanted to say "Really? You don't say." But just expressed disagreement and ended the conversation.

I feel like my A/C system is losing system pressure and having to repeatedly build it back up before starting to work. This problem is easily repeatable, in fact it did it just an hour ago. The car sat all night until I started it around 3PM. I've had three ISs before this one, one 1IS and two 2ISs, and none behaved as this one does.

PS - I have the IS 350.
Looks like I have different issue than yours.

Even when my AC is not on it would simply turns off completely when I shut off the car. Or in the case climate system not coming back on when starting car as if I had turned it off before shutting down the car.