IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Found a hidden secret noise

Old 12-07-15, 09:24 PM
darkarmy
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Found a hidden secret noise

Been having this weird shooshing noise since I got the car, never figured out where it was coming from, only knew it was coming from the vents. Told a Master Technician at the dealer about it and he thought it was something loose in the engine department.

Finally figured it out, its when the fan is on and the vent setting set to Wind shield and foot area. All the other settings were ok.

Can anyone else confirm this or might know what might be causing the problem?

thanks.
Old 12-08-15, 06:00 AM
Dizordered
Driver

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Yeah, I figured that out too recently. I had the car since August 2015 and it was hot the whole time, so the AC was mainly used. Then, temperature had been colder and the vent settings (in auto mode) is usually set to foot area only. Recently, it's been even colder and I started using the windshield vent and yes... I heard the shooshing noise too!

This confirms that I'm not crazy!! Neither are you! LOL
Old 12-08-15, 06:25 AM
goldengame
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I don't hear that but I do have a faint whine noise at a certain fan speed (in between levels 4 and 5). I've heard that the fans Lexus used in the 2014-2015 models had this problem and they've switched to a different fan in 2016. I haven't been able to confirm that with Lexus though.

I suppose you could take it to the dealer and have them replace your fans. Personally, mine isn't loud and only on a certain speed so I just ignore it because who knows what other problems they might cause trying to fix this one :P
Old 12-08-15, 06:34 AM
darkarmy
Rookie

my 2016 doesn't have a whining noise at high speeds but rather a constant whoosh + whining + I am possessed and coming to get you noise . This car has been nothing but 1 problem after another.
Old 12-08-15, 06:37 AM
goldengame
Pole Position

If I were you I'd take it into the dealer. I feel bad that you've been having lots of problems. I'm sure the dealer can do something about it. What other problems are you having? I haven't had many problems with my car and I'm pretty picky. Also at first I had some issues with some small interior rattles, but as the car broke in, they seemed to have gone away.
Old 12-08-15, 06:58 AM
darkarmy
Rookie

I don't want to sound like a broken record as I've complained on a few different Threads already but to start, the day I picked up my car I needed a aliment which is a small problem.

On the same week I noticed these two problems,

They had to replaced the bumper and two side skirts panels. As for the rear fender, they got most of it off but couldn't completely remove the entire stain/what ever it is. They are offering to repaint the panel under warranty but I am refusing it.

Originally Posted by goldengame
If I were you I'd take it into the dealer. I feel bad that you've been having lots of problems. I'm sure the dealer can do something about it. What other problems are you having? I haven't had many problems with my car and I'm pretty picky. Also at first I had some issues with some small interior rattles, but as the car broke in, they seemed to have gone away.
Old 12-08-15, 06:59 AM
goldengame
Pole Position

Man that sucks I'd be pretty unhappy too. Hopefully they can fix this.
Old 12-08-15, 07:07 AM
darkarmy
Rookie

The worst thing is, I asked for a brand new car right off the start, dealership refused and said all of this can be fixed under warranty, but on my time and expense. I am currently dealing with Lexus Canada and they are totally useless. I've asked for compensation for this entire situation but they refused to do anything.

Originally Posted by goldengame
Man that sucks I'd be pretty unhappy too. Hopefully they can fix this.
Old 12-08-15, 08:15 AM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Received 268 Likes on 216 Posts

Originally Posted by darkarmy
I don't want to sound like a broken record as I've complained on a few different Threads already but to start, the day I picked up my car I needed a aliment which is a small problem.

On the same week I noticed these two problems,

They had to replaced the bumper and two side skirts panels. As for the rear fender, they got most of it off but couldn't completely remove the entire stain/what ever it is. They are offering to repaint the panel under warranty but I am refusing it.
Those spots kind of look like tire dressing stains. I had those when my car was delivered, dealer used dressing with silicon which causes staining on white cars. They do faint overtime because of UV. Park your car under the sun more often.
Old 12-08-15, 08:41 AM
darkarmy
Rookie

Originally Posted by dojoman
Those spots kind of look like tire dressing stains. I had those when my car was delivered, dealer used dressing with silicon which causes staining on white cars. They do faint overtime because of UV. Park your car under the sun more often.
Its not, the dealership already looked into it, tried removing it and they confirmed it was underneath the clear coat. Only way to fix it was replace the affected parts. Manufacturing defect.
Old 12-08-15, 11:45 AM
Brokenis
Driver

A lot of people have this, and it shows up on UW because it is more visible. I wonder if there will ever been a recall for this
Old 12-08-15, 01:13 PM
computerwi
Advanced

Received 48 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by darkarmy
Its not, the dealership already looked into it, tried removing it and they confirmed it was underneath the clear coat. Only way to fix it was replace the affected parts. Manufacturing defect.
Getting a little off topic here, but didn't you notice these stains when you did the delivery inspection? I wouldn't have accepted it if I saw that.
Old 12-08-15, 03:22 PM
darkarmy
Rookie

Originally Posted by computerwi
Getting a little off topic here, but didn't you notice these stains when you did the delivery inspection? I wouldn't have accepted it if I saw that.
when I picked up the car, I did a walk around, didn't see it. Probably because we were in the basement with these bright white lights where they wash and detail the car. it was barely noticeable until days after or they might have popped up like mushrooms after the fact.