IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Remote start for navi vehicles !!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-14, 01:30 PM
AdvanSLF
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by tsopranoMB
That is FALSE info..they will NOT be available for the 2014 IS w/NAV...only non Nav models unfortunately...

However, the 2015 IS model due in late August will have it built in standard on all IS's....this same system will also be on the all new NX and RC models due in the fall
please enlighten us.. what the hell are the 2014 model owners supposed to do if we want remote start, but have a nav? will lexus address this effing issue at all?
Old 05-16-14, 08:07 PM
L0ngJ0hn
Driver

Originally Posted by L0ngJ0hn
I'm waiting to recieve my car and negotiated a remote starter. At first they said it would work with the factory remote. Now their telling me its a separate remote. Either way the car has Nav so we'll see..
They told me today when I recieved the car that the remote starter couldnt be done.
Old 05-17-14, 04:30 AM
tsopranoMB
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AdvanSLF
please enlighten us.. what the hell are the 2014 model owners supposed to do if we want remote start, but have a nav? will lexus address this effing issue at all?
unfortunately all the sources I've talked to and read say Negative to any retrofit for a Lexus based remote start. As to why, I believe it has to do with the wiring, and not sure why they could not get it to work.

quote from someone at Lexus Corp

RES or RES+ is not applicable to IS with NAV because the body ECU for the vehicle will not accept the signal from the RES ECU.
Old 05-17-14, 11:24 AM
yycdave
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Aftermarket will work though, right?
Old 05-17-14, 05:35 PM
onepointon
Intermediate

Received 150 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by AdvanSLF
I've been hearing the same information in an email that was sent out. 2015 will have it, nothing is expected for the 2014.
Old 05-20-14, 06:10 PM
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm so disappointed with Lexus on this one! Through out the whole buying process I was never told I couldn't have remote start with my car! Lexus should be embarrassed with this fiasco.

Has anyone gotten an aftermarket RES product to work? Viper?
Old 05-21-14, 12:25 PM
AdvanSLF
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by SonyHome
I'm so disappointed with Lexus on this one! Through out the whole buying process I was never told I couldn't have remote start with my car! Lexus should be embarrassed with this fiasco.

Has anyone gotten an aftermarket RES product to work? Viper?
There are a couple forum members that have installed Viper and the factory (regular remote start), and they say it's worked fine for them. they have navi too!!! i forget who and which thread i saw it in, but just do a quick search for remote or auto start and you should see it.
Old 06-04-14, 08:22 AM
HeMan26
Rookie

Not having RES on a $45,000 car is very embarrassing. My family and friends love my IS250 f-sport, but a lot of them have asked if I have remote start. It's hard for me to tell people that there is a problem with the car on board computer that keeps owners from adding RES. I knew about the problem before I purchased the car and didn't keep me from buying. It just sucks that Lexus is just going to ignore the RES problem for the 2014 IS and focus on future ISs.
Old 06-05-14, 04:34 PM
UncleSpud
Pole Position

Originally Posted by HeMan26
Not having RES on a $45,000 car is very embarrassing. My family and friends love my IS250 f-sport, but a lot of them have asked if I have remote start. It's hard for me to tell people that there is a problem with the car on board computer that keeps owners from adding RES. I knew about the problem before I purchased the car and didn't keep me from buying. It just sucks that Lexus is just going to ignore the RES problem for the 2014 IS and focus on future ISs.
Unfortunately, this is what happens when you buy a redesigned car in its first model year (I won't do this again). Think of the handicaps: no remote start, no memory function for the driver's seat (on the F-Sports), a stereo/nav the reboots intermittently, and the goofy, distracting, mouse controller. All of these things will be addressed in time, but first year buyers will be left behind.
Old 06-06-14, 06:00 AM
AdvanSLF
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by UncleSpud
Unfortunately, this is what happens when you buy a redesigned car in its first model year (I won't do this again). Think of the handicaps: no remote start, no memory function for the driver's seat (on the F-Sports), a stereo/nav the reboots intermittently, and the goofy, distracting, mouse controller. All of these things will be addressed in time, but first year buyers will be left behind.
i totally agree with you, but i want to also note that its a gamble as well. sure this minor things MAY be fixed in the following year on the car, but 9 out of 10 times, they do such fixes between the 3-4 year, AKA the mid-life cycle refresh. once it runs to year 6, most manufacturers will have a completely new design. so my point is, if lexus is making these changes for the better on the 2015 model but keeping everything else (e.g., esthetics) the way the 2014 currently look then i say thats great! but, again, if they are waiting until the mid cycle refresh to incorporate the changes you wanted, buyers could also face some new slightly modified redesign in the esthetics of the car as well when they purchase during the mid cycle refresh.
Old 06-06-14, 08:08 AM
HeMan26
Rookie

Looks like Lexus updated their web site. They still have not updated the information on RES not allowable for navi cars. http://www.lexus.com/models/IS/accessories
Old 06-09-14, 05:41 AM
howdy350
Driver School Candidate

I'm interested to find out the options on this as I'm an expat in a very hot country. Like the US and many other countries remote start isn't a standard option here. However, a colleague of mine just bought a new IS350 F-Sport in Oman - this car is identical to mine but it has remote start as standard from Lexus.

I'm going to try to find out (via my colleague) if this can be activated by the dealer - and if so - how?

Mine is at the dealer in 2 weeks for it's first 1k oil change - I'll also ask my dealer.

For those that doubt it - the dealer spec sheet is here (bottom left corner):
http://www.lexusoman.com/English/sel...spec_sheet.pdf

I've also seen it work.
Old 06-09-14, 06:30 AM
HeMan26
Rookie

Originally Posted by howdy350
I'm interested to find out the options on this as I'm an expat in a very hot country. Like the US and many other countries remote start isn't a standard option here. However, a colleague of mine just bought a new IS350 F-Sport in Oman - this car is identical to mine but it has remote start as standard from Lexus.

I'm going to try to find out (via my colleague) if this can be activated by the dealer - and if so - how?

Mine is at the dealer in 2 weeks for it's first 1k oil change - I'll also ask my dealer.

For those that doubt it - the dealer spec sheet is here (bottom left corner):
http://www.lexusoman.com/English/sel...spec_sheet.pdf

I've also seen it work.
Looks like your car already has the RES, according to the spec sheet. Have you tried following the procedure for remote engine start in the manual?
Old 06-09-14, 06:47 AM
howdy350
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by HeMan26
Looks like your car already has the RES, according to the spec sheet. Have you tried following the procedure for remote engine start in the manual?
Assume you mean the 3 presses (+ hold) of the lock button. Doesn't seem to work on mine. Could be that the Oman spec is slightly different - but it does show that it's possible.
Old 06-11-14, 11:47 AM
HeMan26
Rookie

Check out the attached pdf of my conversation with Lexus customer service. Lexus will not be making RES or retrofitting it into 2014 IS250/350. I still think this is BS because they're not informing this problem to new buyers. I know when I purchased the car I asked the dealer about it, they said it's just a problem with a module and Lexus will replace it when the fix is available. Makes me lose trust in the Lexus brand.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
LexusEmailConverRES.pdf (19.4 KB, 894 views)

Quick Reply: Remote start for navi vehicles !!!!