Got my new IS300h, have some questions:

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-14, 01:29 PM
AmitH
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got my new IS300h, have some questions:

Hello to Club Lexus!
My name is Amit, me and my family just owned our third Lexus (CT200h for my mom, amazing 5 years with Lexus Is 2009 and yesterday we got our new Lexus IS300h)

We made a special order that not available in our country - we asked the importer to bring us the Is300h with the Mark Levinson sound system. We are really satisfied from that expensive yet great choice.

I have four questions about the systems:

1. We have gps built-in in the car, but unfortuantely there are all Europe maps, but not Israel maps. How can I download the map of Israel? there is a MicroSD card inside the car that storage the gps maps, I want to download the Israeli maps and upload it to the microsd. is it available somewhere? The software is the exact same software that I saw in VW Passat that we hired in Switzerland last summer.

2. I heard that I can intergrate my Samsung Galaxy S3 with the screen - so I can see my cell-phone in the car screen. How do I do it?

3. We have a DVD player in the system. Unfortuantely, the system has some security issue and it blocks the dvd player from play while driving. only when I'm standing with the parking on - we can see a video. Of course, there is no any mean to use the dvd while driving when there is only one person (the driver) in the car, but I want to buy some Live Music Shows with DVD and play it in the car. Do you know how can I cancel this block?

4. Is it available to play Flac files in the sound system? in addition, there is an option to read a video files from USB and show it in the screen?

Thank you very much,
Amit
Old 02-26-14, 12:04 AM
AmitH
Driver School Candidate

still relevance,
someone knows?
thanks!
Old 02-26-14, 06:54 AM
magne
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

1. MICRO SD CARD in the car that stores maps. Located in under the flap in the center console under the stereo.
2. Never heard of this in the IS. You can connect your phone and play music, text and call people. Never heard that it is possible to fully intergrade you phone on the stereo system. My Is300h has the mark levinson navi option and can not fully intergrade my nokia phone.
3 the US version at least can mount some sort of hardware to bypass the lock on the dvd. Try searching the forums here to find out about this. Do not know if this works on eu\jdm version.
4 I belive the systems plays mp3 and wav files. Never tried anything else than mp3. pretty sure it does not play flac.
Old 02-26-14, 01:25 PM
leoben
Rookie

I can answer to your question nr.2
The function is called Mirrorlink, but I don't think it's possible to have it in nav version of the IS...

This is what I've done in my No nav version and what you can try...
You have to install DriveLink from PlayStore, start the app from the S3 and connect the smartphone to the usb in your car.
Then, in Info tab in the menu of the central console, you'll have only to select Mirrorlink (if you have this link in your nav) to see and interact with the screen of your S3