IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

F-Sport's LFA-inspired cluster going wonky

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-14, 09:13 PM
iPinky
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F-Sport's LFA-inspired cluster going wonky

Has anyone experienced this in their car? The compass and music screens were both doing this. I've no idea what the hell happened. Scrolling through the different screens and moving the display left and right had no effect. It's only been one occurrence, but it lasted throughout the whole drive. I wonder if this is a sign that this cluster will have to be replaced in the future due to screen failure/pixel issues. *knock on wood*

F-Sport's LFA-inspired cluster going wonky-image-1576366863.jpg

F-Sport's LFA-inspired cluster going wonky-image-2206052428.jpg

F-Sport's LFA-inspired cluster going wonky-image-3780620869.jpg
Old 02-04-14, 09:26 PM
BOBFSPORT
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Maybe it doesn't like being in Eco mode?
Old 02-04-14, 10:13 PM
iPinky
Driver

Lol. I have it in Eco mode 90% of the time, and always have the gauge to the right. Never had this happen before.
Old 02-04-14, 10:27 PM
jdot85
Driver School Candidate

Looks like you activated the disco mode
Old 02-04-14, 10:57 PM
js1011
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You drive in eco mode! I haven't noticed this, but I rarely do the split screen, unless I forget what radio station is on. Nonetheless, I would be upset. At least you took a few pics of the dash, so you can show the people at Lexus what is going on.
Old 02-05-14, 06:39 AM
cFoo
Driver

It looks like your dash took a trip to Pandora.
Old 02-05-14, 06:44 AM
AdvanSLF
Lead Lap

haven't experienced this and i hope i don't *kow*...i don't think its the screen that may be the cause of the problem, but the electrical wire or computer behind it that is screwing up. this is ridiculous really because if they make 60" big screen tvs and have it run for years with out issues, why should this small tft screen have any bugs?!
Old 02-05-14, 01:30 PM
VelvetFog
Driver School Candidate

This one's got an Infiniti logo in it, maybe that is the problem?

Old 02-05-14, 06:26 PM
iPinky
Driver

Originally Posted by jdot85
Looks like you activated the disco mode
Originally Posted by cFoo
It looks like your dash took a trip to Pandora.
Hahaha. Both your comments made me chuckle.

Originally Posted by js1011
You drive in eco mode! I haven't noticed this, but I rarely do the split screen, unless I forget what radio station is on. Nonetheless, I would be upset. At least you took a few pics of the dash, so you can show the people at Lexus what is going on.
I'm trying to get better mpg and be a grandma. True. Hopefully they won't give the typical answer of, "If it happens again, bring it in."

Originally Posted by AdvanSLF
haven't experienced this and i hope i don't *kow*...i don't think its the screen that may be the cause of the problem, but the electrical wire or computer behind it that is screwing up. this is ridiculous really because if they make 60" big screen tvs and have it run for years with out issues, why should this small tft screen have any bugs?!
Ahh.. You're probably correct. Ugh, I hope that's an easy fix. I'll take loose wires over a fried screen.

Originally Posted by VelvetFog
This one's got an Infiniti logo in it, maybe that is the problem?
Ha. When I went to park to safely take that pic, the name of the street I was on disappeared.
Old 02-05-14, 06:58 PM
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver

That looks really bad. It's like your video processor has gone hay wire. I would definitely have the dealer address it so you won't be stuck with big repair bill later on! Update back with what the dealer says.
Old 02-05-14, 07:44 PM
AdvanSLF
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by SonyHome
That looks really bad. It's like your video processor has gone hay wire. I would definitely have the dealer address it so you won't be stuck with big repair bill later on! Update back with what the dealer says.
$1000 says the dealership will blame it on a software update. once iPinky does the update, should that issue return or something else goes wrong, bet you'll they say that the update wasn't fully configured on the car last time therefore issues arose.. sometimes i wish they would just cut the bs.. if you don't know, tell me you don't know. don't make a situation worst.
Old 02-06-14, 03:19 AM
Slust
Pole Position

I was wondering were you went. Evidently back to the '90s from the looks of it ...and sloooooooowly came back. :P

Though I am by no means an expert that really looks like a loose plug somewhere. Obviously the LFA-Tach is not a TV/computer but I've seen similar artifacts from a video cord not making full connection.
Old 02-07-14, 10:50 PM
SexyElaine
Pole Position

Hey IPinky

Any update on your instrument cluster ?? I thought i saw mine act up for like a second or two the other day when it was like 2 degrees outside so im chalking that incident up to the extreme cold.

Were you able to get the dealer to take a look at it ?? Thanks in Advance !
Old 02-08-14, 01:19 AM
aTeAse
Lead Lap

Are you able to to reproduce the wonky business?
Old 02-10-14, 11:47 AM
shreddog
Driver

Originally Posted by SexyElaine
Hey IPinky

Any update on your instrument cluster ?? I thought i saw mine act up for like a second or two the other day when it was like 2 degrees outside so im chalking that incident up to the extreme cold.

Were you able to get the dealer to take a look at it ?? Thanks in Advance !
How did it "act up" on you? Mine went blank this weekend. Only way to get info on the left screen was to move the bezel back and forth. I just posted a new thread on it then came accross this thread (sorry to post a dupe thread). Was it a one time occurence or has it happened again since?

Quick Reply: F-Sport's LFA-inspired cluster going wonky