IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Weather not updating

Old 04-21-14, 12:37 PM
CTLG
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by moose66
Looks like my wife's car is experiencing a similar issue. The weather forecast is working, but the actual radar/map keeps saying it is downloading and then reverts back to the menu. I checked the settings and they are on the HD mode. The car is going in this week for the 5K service. That is on the list of the few items we expect to have Lexus to address. I'll relay what if anything is done.
Mine is doing this as well. I have it setup to download via mobile and HD Radio. I've tried both settings and it still won't show the radar map. I've had the car for almost two weeks and it's never worked. I can see the forecast and current weather and traffic works perfectly, but ok radar weather map. Does the exact same thing you described.
Old 04-21-14, 02:56 PM
dasrakete
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 343P005
It is not available on Canadian cars. I read on this forum that it is only firmware that is required, which pisses me off that they wouldnt just install it. I want traffic and weather on mine too!
Lexus Canada says that the"Government" prevents Traffic and Weather. Limited number of Canadian HD stations (3 in Ontario). However, there are numerous HD stations in the U.S. You still cannot get the data to your radio. You need software/firmware flash which Lexus Canada will not perform. Obviously Lexus deems Canadian customers of no value when it comes to providing excellent customer service. I live part time in Ohio and Ontario. My vehicle was purchased in Canada.

The radio wants to give the information"......... Just push talk button and say "info" at the prompt say "weather" follow on screen prompts and you will still not get weather but, mysteriously a weather channel icon will show in lower left corner of Nav screen, W.T.F.?
Old 04-21-14, 05:05 PM
GaryHE
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by moose66
Looks like my wife's car is experiencing a similar issue. The weather forecast is working, but the actual radar/map keeps saying it is downloading and then reverts back to the menu. I checked the settings and they are on the HD mode. The car is going in this week for the 5K service. That is on the list of the few items we expect to have Lexus to address. I'll relay what if anything is done.

I was having this same issue about 3 weeks ago (weather radar always stated that it was downloading information, then goes back to the menu). This went on for over a week. I stopped in to my Lexus dealer and spoke with one of the Technology techs. They contacted Lexus, who advised that the "Personal Data" should be deleted ("General Settings"> "Delete Personal Data"). After this was done, and the car was shut off and restarted, the weather radar map started working again, and has been working fine since.

Hope this helps...
Old 04-21-14, 05:45 PM
doodlebug
Instructor

Received 80 Likes on 71 Posts

^^^ This worked for me, I now have weather radar. ***Warning*** it did change some of my settings like my Home destination setting in Navi, I haven't checked everything, but I did notice that.
Old 04-21-14, 08:56 PM
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GaryHE
I was having this same issue about 3 weeks ago (weather radar always stated that it was downloading information, then goes back to the menu). This went on for over a week. I stopped in to my Lexus dealer and spoke with one of the Technology techs. They contacted Lexus, who advised that the "Personal Data" should be deleted ("General Settings"> "Delete Personal Data"). After this was done, and the car was shut off and restarted, the weather radar map started working again, and has been working fine since.

Hope this helps...
Thank you GaryHE.

This fixed my weather issue. Interestingly when I did that and went into weather for the first time it prompted me to update the Enform app on the car even though I did that before. After installing the update again weather started to work. However my HD Traffic still isn't working. I just went out for quick drive and no traffic information was shown on the nav. I do have the "HD logo with 3 car" icon indicating traffic information has been enabled and I'm getting HD radio stations fine.
Old 04-22-14, 12:38 PM
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Even after doing the deleting of personal data weather only works when Enform app is connected.

Neither weather or traffic works over HD Only.