IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Sewell Black chrome Nightmare

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-14, 06:45 AM
Antnie2418
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Sewell Black chrome Nightmare

I saw on an earlier post that someone was having the same issue and some responded that they had no issue at all. So I went ahead and purchased it anyway for the simple fact I love the look of them. I had it on my 2nd gen I wanted on this one as well.

Please read the emails will be numbered so they can easy to follow.

I am really not happy by them telling me that I am going to always get a product that has blemishes on it. It cost almost $100.00 it should be perfect !!!

Also the fact that I will not notice it once I put it on my car. They obviously do not know who I am.

1) Hello

I placed an order for rear "L'' symbol for the back of my 2014 Is and it came in completely scratched. I email support and they sent out another "L" with no hassle which is wonderful. However I just received another one and I am having the same issues. Can you please assist me with this?

Attached is picture of the item.

Anthony

2)

Dear Customer,

We have received your request for an RMA and are currently in the process of reviewing your information.
Upon approval, you will receive another email containing the necessary return instructions.

Please check your email regularly for updates.

SO GREAT THAT WAS EASY. Then I get another one and same issue so I send them this.

3)

Hello

I placed an order for rear "L'' symbol for the back of my 2014 Is and it came in completely scratched. I email support and they sent out another "L" with no hassle which is wonderful. However I just received another one and I am having the same issues. Can you please assist me with this?

Attached is picture of the item.

Anthony

This the sewell response
4)

Hi Anthony,

We apologize for the blemishes on the black pearl emblems you have received. We believe that the handling of the items, the packing material, and the transport to our facility from our supplier may all be contributing to this…however, every emblem we have plated is subject to the same treatment. We will be happy to send you another piece, and we will carefully scrutinize the piece we are sending. Keep in mind that the two sided adhesive is affixed to the emblem with the emblem face down on a cloth that may cause edge irritation even ever so slight. If you are inclined, you could find the slightest blemish with every piece we receive, although most realize that this is not noticeable once applied to your vehicle. Getting an absolute perfect piece would entail you taking it straight from the plating pool with no backing applied yet. This is not possible of course, but we want you to be satisfied with your purchase, so we will send the best of what we have. We agree that the blemishes present on the piece you sent on the picture were too prominent. Thank you for your patience and we apologize again for the inconvenience. If you would, just include the second emblem in the RMA return you already have processed.

Best regards,

Sewell Parts Team

Dallas, TX 75209

sewellparts.com

My response

5)

Hello

I appreciate you taking the time and explaining the issue that at hand. How ever I have a hard time understanding (assuming) that the cloth is clean that it would but scratches in the finish. Because I first cleaned the item when I first noticed the marks with a micro fiber cloth to see if the marks were from type of residual residue and it did not put in any additional blemishes on it so I doubt the cloth scratched it. Maybe it’s the plastic bag you put in when you ship it, maybe is should be shipped it some type of soft paper. I work in the construction trades and I am completely aware with the fact the if you look at anything you can pick it apart. But you also have to understand we are not talking about 1 or 2 spots on this item, this item is COMPLETELY covered in blemishes and its not acceptable. The saying also goes when you pay for quality you should expect it. This item is about $0.02 worth of plastic and $0.10 worth of plating and I am paying $100.00 I am going to expect some type of high quality. When purchasing any additional items from your company should I expect blemished on is as well ? Because when I bought this product I do not believe it was noted that I would be buying a product with blemishes. I feel as though this should be noted on your website for the fact your telling me I am going to see a blemish every piece you send me. I do appreciate your ease in sending out a new product, Please inspect before you send it out.

Thank you
Anthony

Let me know what everyone thinks
Attached Thumbnails Sewell Black chrome Nightmare-photo.jpg  
Old 01-22-14, 06:47 AM
onepointon
Intermediate

Received 150 Likes on 49 Posts

Mine had the same issue. They originally sent me GS emblems instead of IS. Mine had the blemishes on them as well, although you had to look really close to see them. I stuck them on and you cant notice on the car.

Having said that, for the price they are charging they should be perfect.
Old 01-22-14, 09:07 AM
DexRox512
Turkey Killer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love that you're calling this a "nightmare"...they are working with you! A nightmare would be if they just told you to get lost and you had to dispute the charge with your credit card company. I think you're overreacting a little there.

I ordered the same black pearl L for my 2014 350...I'm sure it had the extra fine scratches that you're referring to. However when it's on the car, you'd never notice it...I don't. I would assume after the third emblem, they're all just going to be that way. If it's that much of a nightmare, either use it on the car and move on or stick with the chrome one.
Old 01-22-14, 09:14 AM
onepointon
Intermediate

Originally Posted by DexRox512
I love that you're calling this a "nightmare"...they are working with you! A nightmare would be if they just told you to get lost and you had to dispute the charge with your credit card company. I think you're overreacting a little there.

I ordered the same black pearl L for my 2014 350...I'm sure it had the extra fine scratches that you're referring to. However when it's on the car, you'd never notice it...I don't. I would assume after the third emblem, they're all just going to be that way. If it's that much of a nightmare, either use it on the car and move on or stick with the chrome one.

Solid advice..

You bought a product, your not happy with it. Either accept it or get a refund.
Old 01-22-14, 11:01 AM
Antnie2418
Driver

Originally Posted by DexRox512

Dex

I am sorry I am not using a adjective that you wouldn't use. Maybe next time I want to write a post I'll contact you for consultation when using adjectives in my post. The fact that this is the 3rd time they a reshipping something out and to me that makes it a nightmare so please don't tell how I should feel towards a situation. Everyone has different temperatures towards different situations and you should respect it. I paid for quality and I expect it I didn't buy this off ebay I bought this product from a multi million dollar company. If this part cost $35.00 I wouldn't say anything but I feel its over priced so I have my expectations. The fact they are saying you should expect blemishes is a cop out and just sending out another one and hopefully the customer would shut up is not considered customer service.
Old 01-22-14, 11:04 AM
TheShaddix
Pole Position

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Had the same exact issue with these emblems too. Same exact answers also, excuses and more excuses. I'm very picky and I was stunned by all the scratches too because you're paying so much, you're supposed to get 100% perfect finish with a plastic cover over it. I feel your pain, man. I complained to them as well, they sent me a new emblem, it was slightly better but still junk. What upset me the most out of the whole situation is that they get away with this quality and cover it up by saying it's their handling process that causes the scratches. Well, my answer to that is, don't charge 100+ for a badge that you get for 1% of that cost and dip into some plastic, then throw into a tray full of badges, then sell as new...That's why I just painted mine myself and didn't bother with the black chrome junk. PM me if you need any advice or help with your stock badges.
Old 01-22-14, 12:44 PM
tlr
Rookie

Man we are way to spoiled...i cannot believe your dealing with such a nightmare! How do you sleep at night!...its a freaking emblem....
Old 01-22-14, 12:52 PM
onepointon
Intermediate

As I said. You bought a product, you aren't satisfied with it. Return it and buy from somewhere else. If there isn't another vendor, you should try to get something custom made.

Capitalism. The more people buy messed up emblems from them, the longer they get away with it making money. If no one buys them, they either resolve the issue, or stop selling them.

As I see it, those are your options. I don't notice the blemishes on mine on the vehicle.
Old 01-22-14, 01:41 PM
Antnie2418
Driver

Tlr if your interested in how I sleep pm me I'll send you some pictures if your so interested.

It's amazing how some people go out of their way to be a phallus I just don't get it.

Shaddix thank you very much for your offer I'll take you up on it. Have you tried any do it yourself black chrome kits like rustomeum or duplicolor. I am not a fan of the plasti dip look
Old 01-22-14, 01:43 PM
350flo
Driver School Candidate

Mine get delivered today from Sewell. Hope they turn out fine.
Old 01-22-14, 02:14 PM
dbs600
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I completely agree with Antnie2418, as I too had the same exact problem starting form Post #44 of this thread: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...nd-rear-3.html

And, yes, it did become a nightmare, where Sewell sent me emblems multiple times and I had issue with them refunding the complete amount because one of my return shipments went ‘missing’ on their end. While everything sorted itself out, the result was lost time and effort and no Black Pearl emblems.

If anyone finds a reputable supplier, PLEASE LET ME KNOW. All I need are the Black Pearl front and rear “L” emblems (I don’t need the model designation, etc.). While I have no complaints with Sewell having ‘worked with me’, their excuses are absurd.

Maybe someone should contact management outside of the parts department at Sewell? I'd like to buy from their and wouldn't mind their price, if they can deliver an unblemished product.

Thanks!

Last edited by dbs600; 01-22-14 at 02:21 PM.
Old 01-22-14, 02:51 PM
toyotatom
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Well you did ask for everyone's opinion in your original post, not everyone is going to agree with you on this issue, you have to live with their opinions. Unless your car is 100% swirl free or have no blemishes elsewhere (which I doubt) you may have to live with the problem or send it back, and I understand its way over priced for what it is.

Originally Posted by Antnie2418
Tlr if your interested in how I sleep pm me I'll send you some pictures if your so interested.

It's amazing how some people go out of their way to be a phallus I just don't get it.

Shaddix thank you very much for your offer I'll take you up on it. Have you tried any do it yourself black chrome kits like rustomeum or duplicolor. I am not a fan of the plasti dip look
Old 01-22-14, 03:25 PM
dbs600
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Too bad Lexus doesn't offer same as OEM accessories anymore. They used to, right!?

Also, the ES300 Coach Edition had same from the factory, right??

Last edited by dbs600; 01-22-14 at 03:36 PM.
Old 01-22-14, 03:28 PM
sunnyx213
Driver School Candidate

They obviously do not know who I am.

Great customer service! They're doing everything to satisfy you without even a little doubt. By the way, who are you? You just saying that came off as a d**k to me. Just being real with you, but I think you're just one of those **** customers. SOMEONE HAS TO SAY IT!
Old 01-22-14, 03:37 PM
jadu
live.love.laugh.lexus

Received 89 Likes on 71 Posts

i cant see nothing wrong with the pic. i say get a refund

Quick Reply: Sewell Black chrome Nightmare