IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Cars that pull up to the 3IS to race!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-14, 08:46 AM
hangandrew
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Haha. Happened to me a while back. Was going like 90 in the left lane and didn't see a Mustang up ahead. Anyways, dude thought I was trying to race and well yeah...I'm just like bro...lol.
Old 01-19-14, 08:58 AM
GaryHE
Driver School Candidate

Last week I had two…One was a Maxima 3.5 and the other was a BMW X5. My IS 350 AWD pulled away from both of them. I usually don't indulge in stop light derby, but heck, even an old fart has to have fun sometimes. The guy in the X5 looked really surprised when I pulled away from him.
Old 01-19-14, 11:32 PM
Slust
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

None ...which really surprises me. I thought for sure someone would want to test out the new Lexus especially since there are a lot of street racers here, especially leaving base.

The closest I got was a 427r was ahead of me and zoomed out of the gate so I followed him. I think he was surprised I kept up with him so he toned it yet down. After the light he zigged zagged through traffic and then punched it.

After that the next closest was I punched it hard and then slowed down to the speed limit...ish (60mph) and a bunch of cars punched it to 100ish to catch up to me but then didn't pass me. Maybe they thought I had a radar detector or something.

Honestly though it has been quite odd. This town LOVES to race and even more so cut you off to assert their dominance. While I still get cut off it has drastically been reduced. I will see cars slightly drift into my lane and then go back into their lane and then pass the car in front of them in the lane to the right. I don't know if the grill intimidates them or what but normally people here aren't shy about cutting you off or racing. I honestly expected half this town to try and race me. It doesn't matter what car pulls next to me (even a 335i) they'll start off slow and when they see I'm not rabbit starting the light then they'll punch it.
Old 01-20-14, 12:32 AM
itstheo54
Driver School Candidate

Yesterday had a Camaro trying to follow me onthe freeway and streets, finally let off after a cop dove by on the other side...

Just now an SC430 pulled up next to me on the freeway and honked and floored it away...i have a 250FSPORT, Not gonna compete with the V8 in the SC.