IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Opti coat 2.0 quote. Is this a good price?

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-14, 06:59 PM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

Received 93 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by Cougar24
Is that a good price for cQuartz Finest? Also, do you know what he's talking about when he says, "If you would like to take the condition of your paint up to something beyond what it looks like new from the factory/dealership, we can do that. It carries an extra cost." Kinda sounds like a gimmicky kinda thing
Assuming that is the price for a full cleaning, decontamination, polish, and coating installation. If so, this is a fair price. Very similar to what I charge.

I assume he is referring to further paint correction and polishing beyond the standard basic polish. A 2 step polishing process, for instance, will remove more of the heavier defects by starting with a more aggressive product and will then be polished to a brilliant shine with a finishing product... This multi step process will leave a more flawless finish than a 1 step polish with a fine finishing polish. It's not a gimmick, however it is something not everyone may see the benefit in so I can see why he did not feel the need to go into too much detail at first.

Hope that helps.

-Zach
Old 01-14-14, 07:18 PM
DreLo
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 350flo
Did you decide to go with him? I'm in the same area and am looking into Opticoat for my car. Can you send me his info? Thanks!
I did decide to go with him. My appointment is on Saturday and he said it will take most of the day so plan for it. I'll post pics afterwards and let you know how my experience was. I'll PM you his info next time in in front of my laptop.
Old 01-15-14, 01:15 PM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

Received 93 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by DreLo
I did decide to go with him. My appointment is on Saturday and he said it will take most of the day so plan for it. I'll post pics afterwards and let you know how my experience was. I'll PM you his info next time in in front of my laptop.
Just FYI - He should really keep it overnight to allow the coating to cure The vehicle shouuld not be driven for at least 12 hours after OC has been installed <-- that is straight from Optimum.
The Optimum Clear Coating continues to cross-link and harden. Within 12 hours it is resistant to liquids such as water and can be driven as normal by the client. Opti-Coat will then continue to harden over the next 30 days as it is exposed to heat.
I keep all of my coating jobs from Friday evening until Sunday afternoon.
Old 01-18-14, 07:10 PM
DreLo
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got my car done today and it looks great! Too dark now but I'll post pics asap.